It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking! Hospitals are the 8th Leading Cause of Death in USA!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
According to "The Blaylock Wellness Report"

Here are just a few facts that hospitals don’t want you to know:

FACT: Hospital complications and errors comprise the 8th leading cause of death in the U.S. (exceeding even motor vehicle accidents, breast cancer and AIDS)...

FACT: Hospital-acquired infections account for 100,000 American deaths each year...

FACT: Medical complications kill 30,000 more people a year (and cost us over $9.3 billion)...

FACT: Medication errors lead to 7,000 deaths annually...

www.newsmax.com...

For as long as i can remember I have always been weary of going to the hospital, either for treatment of an illness or to visit friends/family members who are at the hospital. Now I have some factual proof that the hospital is a very dangerous place. What do you think?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd say, no hospitals aren't perfect, but don't hesitate to go if you need to. Consider mortality rates before hospitals existed.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i heard this saying that their is a record to how many checks you get after you retire. And it is because the government doesnt want to pay you more money!. they find a way to finish you off at the hospital, or by giving you medicine that kills you slowly!.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhector3500
i heard this saying that their is a record to how many checks you get after you retire. And it is because the government doesnt want to pay you more money!. they find a way to finish you off at the hospital, or by giving you medicine that kills you slowly!.

Well, I heard that there are tiny medicare gnomes who distribute those checks, and the people who stop getting their money have to sacrifice acorns to the previously described gnomes.

Before you discredit my gnome theory, keep in mind that I have just as many sources for it as you, at this point.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
But doesn't the fact that sick and dying people flock to these places effect the study?

AAC

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
another thing that has to be sorted out of such raw data is the fact that hospitals that have emergency rooms have a high death rate because people who come to the places are on the edge of death in some cases and in the mix of data you have to figure that a lot of the people who go to hospitals today would not have even been considered for admission in the " old " days as we will try to treat almost anything today.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
medical error is a high portion of mortality actually
hospitals have superbugs

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe you all missed this Important FACTS!

FACT: Hospital complications and errors comprise the 8th leading cause of death in the U.S. (exceeding even motor vehicle accidents, breast cancer and AIDS)...

FACT: Hospital-acquired infections account for 100,000 American deaths each year...

FACT: Medical complications kill 30,000 more people a year (and cost us over $9.3 billion)...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
so hey...

I hate to say it but... This looks like some spam page... Kinda like this here..

www.learnhypnosisnow.com...

Is there any other site that says this??

Cause I cant find anything on google to back this up..

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Maybe you all missed this Important FACTS!

Are you that B&W that you can't see the enormous circumstance? People in hospitals put themselves in position to have complications & errors. This is WAY different than car crashes that are ACCIDENTS. Understand?

Don't worry, it will come if not.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
No system is perfect. Esp. those run by humans.

If you have an inherent mistrust of hospitals my best advice is to educate yourself. Be informed, don't just act like so much cattle when you get there.

Funny as mentioned before, what was the mortality rate before hospitals wer ein existance? Not sure are you?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
i've heard of these surreal numbers before, see f-ex. www.abovetopsecret.com... i wonder how reliable they are.

summary: bad things happen to patients in hospitals, so try to avoid them if at all possible, because death may be statistically significant, but being maimed for life is certainly more aggravating: www.abovetopsecret.com...

i doubt statistics can correctly display the incidence of such 'accidents'.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think it depends on the hospital. Some hospitals in the area, I've heard nothing but bad things about. Others, nothing but good.

Accidents will always happen, and unforseen issues will come up. Doctors are not Gods. It's the gross negligence and malpractice that can be eliminated.

Hospitals are also just notoriously dirty places. Then you've got a highly concentrated area filled with nothing but sick people, it's not uncommon to go into the hospital with one disease or problem and come out with another.

Nobody wants to go to the hospital unless they have to, but I would recommend going to the hospital if the need arose. You are much better off going to the doctor's office for a regular checkup or if you feel something is wrong. If you have to go to the emergency room because you chopped off your finger, or you need a surgery to live, please don't hesitate. People die getting struck by lightning, choking on a glass of water, suffocating in their pillow and a lot of other weird stuff each year. Don't let the statistics get to you, or you'd never leave your house again. You have a much better chance if you go to the hospital and get treated than not going at all.

Above all else, prevention is a bigger key. If you eat properly and exercise on a regular basis, you won't have to worry about the hospital for a long time.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here is a 2004 article by Mike Adams at NewsTarget on this subject:

A new study has revealed startling statistics about the number of people killed each year in U.S. hospitals. That number is now estimated to be 195,000 people, or almost twice as many as were estimated in a 1998 report on the same subject. To put this in perspective, this is equivalent to almost fifty 9/11 attacks each year in terms of the number of fatalities caused.

So what's causing all of these deaths in the first place? They are typically being caused by inadequate care by health care personnel, such as ignoring bedsores, or by complications from surgical procedures such as post-operative sepsis or infections that result in death.

Errors are also very common in the administering of prescription drugs to patients. Previous studies have shown alarmingly high error rates, where health care personnel give the wrong prescriptions to the wrong patients in the wrong way, and have even been caught attempting to administer fatal doses of prescription drugs simply because they were ordered to do so by a physician.

Mike goes on to state that:
- prescription drugs alone kill 100,000 people a year,
- over-the-counter medications kill another 40,000.

And with this study showing that hospital errors kill another 195,000 people each year, this makes almost 350,000 people each year who are killed by modern medicine.

Pretty sick huh? And that was 3 years ago. I'm going to bet that number has increased because the medical industry is just as corrupt as it's always been (maybe moreso).

Source: Hospital warning: medical errors kill 195,000 Americans each year, says new study

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Above all else, prevention is a bigger key. If you eat properly and exercise on a regular basis, you won't have to worry about the hospital for a long time.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Yarcofin]

Eating properly is the key... but what the government tells us to eat is what makes people sick, requiring dangerous prescription drugs and eventually hospitalization.

Do you know the dangerous chemicals that are in the majority of the foods we eat? Are you aware that our water contains fluoride, arsenic, prescription drugs, pesticides and industrial toxins?

It is the agenda of the government to make us stupid, lazy, sick or dead while they suck every dollar out of us until there is nothing left.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I am saying is that you shouldn't go to hospitals, unless it is ABSOLUTELY neccessary! You don't go to the hospital for a 101 fever, don't go if you got a bump on your body that you can't explain, don't go if you are simply not feeling well...MY Advice is to give it a couple of days, drink lots of fluids and see if the problem doens't work itself out....because you will walk in there with nothing more than a cold and you will leave with something life threatening like TB, or Spinal Meningitis.

Hypocondriancs, please understand that you will rush to the hospital because you think that something is wrong with you, and THAT alone could be the reason why you get severly sick or die.

100,000 people go to the hospital for whatever reason, and end up leaving the hospital contracting a life threatening disease, while there!

Go to your local area Doctor, best yet find a doctor willing to make a HouseCall.

It Could Save Your Life!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hospitals are businesses. They exist to profit - and cost-cutting is standard business procedure. Unfortunately, cost-cutting does NOT benefit patients - only the bottom line.

One example springs to mind: the cost of hospital cleaning staff. ...Low level positions are often the first to be cut in cost-saving measures. But cutting cleaning staff in hospitals can have major consequences in creating new diseases and spreading them.

Superbug Epidemic in US

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What I am saying is that you shouldn't go to hospitals, unless it is ABSOLUTELY neccessary! You don't go to the hospital for a 101 fever, don't go if you got a bump on your body that you can't explain, don't go if you are simply not feeling well...MY Advice is to give it a couple of days, drink lots of fluids and see if the problem doens't work itself out....because you will walk in there with nothing more than a cold and you will leave with something life threatening like TB, or Spinal Meningitis.

Unfortunately, I agree wit you 100%!
That happened to my god mother. her husband was in the hospital for a knee operation. She went to the emergency room to get some aspirin, because she wasn't feeling well... They convinced her that she was ill, and admitted her for puemonia...Well! After they short sheeted her bed in a freezing room, she probably did catch puemonia... A couple of months later she was dead.

But, as bad as US medical care may seem, believe me (some) foreign countries are much worse...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by cosmokatt7]

[edit on 6-5-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What I am saying is that you shouldn't go to hospitals, unless it is ABSOLUTELY neccessary! You don't go to the hospital for a 101 fever, don't go if you got a bump on your body that you can't explain, don't go if you are simply not feeling well...MY Advice is to give it a couple of days, drink lots of fluids and see if the problem doens't work itself out.

Yes...because clearly the hospital would make more money by killing someone than by medicating a chronic illness

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 6-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
bsl4doc, I am not saying that Hospitals are Deliberatly making people contract life threatening illness, just simply stating the fact that had said person NOT gone to the hospital, rather gone to a doctor, they wouldn't have died or even contracting the illness in the first place.

If the link in the OP isn't working try this one.

www.newsmax.com...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join