It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News! Ron Paul in 1ST PLACE In MSNBC Rating After Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

ron paul is tha man
go vote for him here
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Whoa.. If I happen to vote Republican this coming election my vote
will most certainly go towards Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This guy?! Drudgereport had 60000 votes in and saying that Mitt Romney came in 1st with 35%., Next I belive was Ron paul with 27%..

Can't find the link for the archive anyone?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
BTW, here's another poll...and he's killing everyone in it, too.

Who made the best impression during the Republican debate?

and...there have been accusations that Ron Paul fans have skewed the votes...but...

The Blue State Opinion: Ron Paul Wins First Debate

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
With all due respect the poll linked above is out of only 370 votes. This poll needs to have lots more voters to be even considered valid showing peoples perceptions. The drudge report was out of 60,000 votes, far more conclusive, and even tht amount could be brought into question.

Gee I wish I could find the Drudgereport archive for the vote link. Anyone?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok while not THE link from Drudge, heres a posting:

DRUDGE REPORT
The Reagan Derby

Well, with 47,617 individual Votes recorded as of 12:55AM EST on 5/4/07, The Drudge Report has provided perhaps the most sweeping and comprehensive initial survey of viewer reaction to the first GOP Primary Debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

The Results thus far:

[[[[DRUDGE POLL]]]] WHO WON THE REAGAN DERBY?

* Mitt Romney -- 35%
* Rudy Giuliani -- 21%
* RON PAUL -- 16%
* Tommy Thompson -- 7%
* John McCain -- 6%
* Tom Tancredo -- 5%
* Mike Huckabee -- 4%
* Duncan Hunter -- 3%
* Sam Brownback -- 2%
* Jim Gilmore -- 2%

With an optimistic, confident demeaner and a polished presentation, Mitt Romney decidedly overshadowed the erstwhile Front-Runner, Rudy Giuliani. Rudy's primary strength thus far has been his vast name recognition and the sheer momentum of his supposed "inevitability" -- and yet, in terms of viewer reaction, for him to be trailing (by double digits) a former Governor not widely known outside of Massachusetts until this election season demonstrates clear vulnerability on Giuliani's part.

from www.freerepublic.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Ok while not THE link from Drudge, heres a posting:

DRUDGE REPORT
The Reagan Derby

Well, with 47,617 individual Votes recorded as of 12:55AM EST on 5/4/07, The Drudge Report has provided perhaps the most sweeping and comprehensive initial survey of viewer reaction to the first GOP Primary Debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

The Results thus far:

[[[[DRUDGE POLL]]]] WHO WON THE REAGAN DERBY?

* Mitt Romney -- 35%
* Rudy Giuliani -- 21%
* RON PAUL -- 16%
* Tommy Thompson -- 7%
* John McCain -- 6%
* Tom Tancredo -- 5%
* Mike Huckabee -- 4%
* Duncan Hunter -- 3%
* Sam Brownback -- 2%
* Jim Gilmore -- 2%

With an optimistic, confident demeaner and a polished presentation, Mitt Romney decidedly overshadowed the erstwhile Front-Runner, Rudy Giuliani. Rudy's primary strength thus far has been his vast name recognition and the sheer momentum of his supposed "inevitability" -- and yet, in terms of viewer reaction, for him to be trailing (by double digits) a former Governor not widely known outside of Massachusetts until this election season demonstrates clear vulnerability on Giuliani's part.

from www.freerepublic.com...

3rd not to bad for someone who wasnt suppose to be noticed......still first on msnbc. you know they dont want paul to win....some sites like abc are even leaving his name out of the poll. msnbc don't even have a "candidate page" for Ron Paul, even though he fetched the best scores in both of their polls.

i for one am crossing my fingers.
I am really glad that Ron Paul got an oppertunity to debate and present his views. One of the view discussions of the poll results consisted of the commentators pretty much laughing at the results, empahsising how unscientific they must have been, and saying something along the line of "well, Ron Paul did well because he can say whatever he wants, because he has no chance. Candidates who will never win can do crazy things and impress people."

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
1st of all, more people watched FOX News talking about the debate, than people who actually watched the debate on MSNBC.

www.drudgereport.com...

FLASH: FOXNEWS O'REILLY TOPS MSNBC GOP DEBATE FOR NIGHT... O'REILLY PULLS 2,314,000 VIEWERS... DEBATE SCORES 1,762,000... [DEM DEBATE WEEK BEFORE HIT 2,261,000]... FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES AT 1,548,000... MORE

ACTUAL DEBATE COVERAGE: 8-9:30PM:

FNC 2,023,000
MSNBC 1,762,000
CNN 599,000

More people watched FOXNEWS TALKING about debate than the actual DEBATE!

I guess MSNBC got all of its 670 viewers to vote in this poll.

I am a Republican and am not the least bit excited about our current choices. Hopefully Newt or Fred Thompson jumps in soon!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I am a Republican and am not the least bit excited about our current choices.

On behalf of working people, soldiers, women, people with more than a 12th grade education and the Democratic Party... I accept your surrender.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I am a Republican and am not the least bit excited about our current choices.

On behalf of working people, soldiers, women, people with more than a 12th grade education and the Democratic Party... I accept your surrender.

Just because I am not excited about the current Republicans, doesn't mean whoever is nominated won't beat Mrs. Bill Clinton.

Working people, (the ones who pay taxes)

soldiers, (the ones who want to opportunity to win in Iraq)

women, (the ones who would never wear a burka in Syria, while in violation the Logan Act)

and people with more than a 12 grade education (the ones that ignore college liberal indoctrinations)...

can't wait for a real conservative to emerge!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

can't wait for a real conservative to emerge!

That's Ron Paul. He already did, and was rejected. Face it, as the right marched reicht the past few years, the so-called left took ownership of the middle. I'm no Hillary fan but she's more traditional Goldwater Republican conservative than any of the frontunner jokers from the modern conservative movement.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I guess MSNBC got all of its 670 viewers to vote in this poll.

over 81,000 votes. still in first. not too bad.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can tell you one thing.

I will not be casting my vote for this guy.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ron Paul is probably one of our nation's last hopes.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is the poll. Ron Paul is indeed in first place.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Corporate Media Censor Ron Paul's Debate Success
Establishment press ignore massive popular approval for Texas Congressman in every poll, ABC only add Paul to poll list after furious complaints

Ron Paul won the debate hands down - all the polls show it - but the establishment media are loathe to report it, because if a tree falls in the forest and the corporate press choose not to report on it then it doesn't make a sound.

After several days of voting, the online MSNBC poll has Ron Paul leading in every single positive category, proving that the vast majority think he won the debate. In an ABC News poll, well over 7,000 voted for the Congressman with Giuliani and Romney receiving a paltry 100 votes each. In a CSPAN poll, 69% voted for Ron Paul, with his nearest contender garnering just 9% of the vote.

Many would attribute this to be a reflection of focused online activism rather than overall national opinion, but the fact is that Paul was way ahead of the other candidates in the hours after the debate ended and before the polls had been widely publicized by websites supportive of the Texas Congressman.

This tells us that the American people are crying out for a real conservative and Ron Paul would be a serious contender for the White House if the media afforded him equal coverage with the likes of Romney, McCain and Giuliani.

However, as Alex Wallenwein points out in his OpEdNews.com article, the establishment media completely ignored public sentiment and handed the victory to either McCain or Romney, barely even mentioning Ron Paul's sterling performance and popular approval.

Highlights package of all Ron Paul's answers from Thursday night's debate.

"Unsurprisingly, not a single report of the actual political news story of the decade, namely, that a virtually unknown “dark horse” beats even the media favorite Romney handily - and utterly crushes the rest of the field," writes Wallenwein.

The headlines seen from a Google News search using the keyword “debate”, at the time of this writing show only this:
“John McCain Wins First GOP Debate” (Fox News)
“Who Won the First GOP Presidential Debate? (Answer provided in article: “Mitt Romney” - National Review Online)
"Republican Presidential Debate Gives No Clue on GOP Leader in Race” (Axcess News)
Apparently the Axcess News editors don't have a clue - unlike actual debate viewers.
A news search for the keywords “won debate” reveals this:
“Noonan, Pundits: Romney Won Debate” (NewsMax)
"Giuliani Wary of Repeal of Roe” (Washington Times)

Readers tell us that ABC didn't even include Ron Paul on their original list and his name was only added to the poll after furious calls to ABC's head office. This website also claims that comments on ABC's message boards expressing outrage at the fact that Paul had been censored were soon deleted.

Even the usually much vaunted Keith Olbermann and his MSNBC co-host Chris Matthews ignored Ron Paul's clear anti-war stance in claiming that none of the Republican candidates opposed the occupation of Iraq.

As if we needed a reminder, the aftermath of the GOP debate has taught us that the path to the Oval office is off-limits to any candidate who is not bought and paid for by special interests and the corporate media. Barely a handful of pre-approved identikit lackeys are selected and lavished with dominant media coverage while anyone who stands for real issues or offers a viable alternative is shunned and censored.

Ron Paul's message of getting government out of our personal lives, destroying the IRS and returning to a founding father foreign policy of avoiding foreign entanglements is clearly evergreen and craved for by a huge chunk of informed, engaged and active American citizens.

Trust in mainstream media has rapidly eroded for the best part of a decade and their credibility is shot. We need to continue to use the Internet to create synergy with the burning desire of the people to restore constitutional values and ensure that the corporate press can censor Ron Paul no more, save they expose the fact that they are complicit in completely undermining the democratic process in America.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow. That's a real conspiracy. Take it to Freep and Kos. Seriously.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am canadian but I am gonna vote for Ron Paul.
No matter how much they try to cover up his lead and his nomination.
The machine is in motion and he is not part of the machine.
Welcome to the machine.

ape

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the MSM globalist agenda is very clear. the fact the people are not getting fair coverage to view all candidates is a disgrace to our political process. I'm tired of being force fed romney, guliani and mccain. I don't mention democrats because they have nobody, the only democratic candidate that's qualified is richardson, the others are jokes.

it's not suprising though this is the same MSM that constantly reports americas 'war on terror' without raising the question of how it's even possible to succeed in this fight with our wide open borders and people coming in at will. you cannot claim you're fighting a war on terror while ignoring your borders north and south.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by ape]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I might actually register as a Republican (am actually more libertarian) so I can try to get the nom for Ron Paul.

Very few people in Washington, and dare I say America, give 2 %^$%& about the Constitution.

Ron Paul does and has for a long time. Case closed.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I might actually register as a Republican (am actually more libertarian) so I can try to get the nom for Ron Paul.

Very few people in Washington, and dare I say America, give 2 %^$%& about the Constitution.

Ron Paul does and has for a long time. Case closed.

Same here. Ron Paul... honestly, he might be the nation's last hope for a while. Not that the cause would ever die, but the direction that the United States it going in is not pretty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join