It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird seaworm found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is sort-of cool. The article says it is a sea serpent, but looks more like a sea cucumber or something from that family. There is a video of it inside the link. Sorry couldn't figure out how to embed the video.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The video link is dead for me...?

Is this the same video?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Is this the same video?

That is it. Thanks for finding it.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very freaky! But unless someone can get out there and find one, so that someone can chop a bit off and stick it in a DNA blender, we'll just never know!

IMO it looks like a parasite of some kind, like a tape worm, maybe this beasty lived in a whale/large fish which is why it has maybe/never been recorded before.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What on earth...

I've always been interested in the ocean life. When I was little I would watch the Discovery Channel all the time, watching shows about ocean life. I also would read and still do read books about the ocean.

But I have never, ever, seen anything like that. It looks so unnatural almost. When it bends it looks like its artificial material, like rubber or something. Its freaky...

I mean...wow... Its also weird how it has a bulge in the body that moves along it, it seems. Propelling it I think.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I wonder if it tastes good?...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd say not. But then I've never been a fan of seafood. The way it looked as though it had been torn by the coral does make it look as though that wasn't it's natural habitat.

They do say that we know more about outer space than our own oceans, and divers just keep proving them right.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That is, by far, the oddest video I have yet to see. Wonder why we can't get such clear and obvious video as this for Bigfoot, Nessie, UFO's, or Elvis?

At first it did look somewhat like a tapeworm dislodged from a beast of the abyss. But, after look more, you could tell that it was sligtly rounded on top and the striations were not evident along the entire length of the animals body. On the botton there appear to be some very small, sucker like appendages.

The way it moves i cannot believe it isn't shredded to pieces on the coral. It is immense, comparitavely, and has no obvious defenses. I have no clue what it could be, how it can survive, or what it eats, but i would like to see a good explanation of it.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna join a Marine Biology forum and post this video. I'm going to see if they can tell me what it is. If I get an answer, I'll post it here, okay guys?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of a tape-worm and it also looks disgusting. Possibily a bottomdweller of some sort.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It looks to me like a ribbon worm or also called a bootlace worm. there are lots of different species but it most resembles this one. It is a marine worm that is mostly found in Australia. It is a predatory carnivore. Pretty freaky, it shoots out a proboscis to catch live prey. Eww! LOL

[edit on 4-5-2007 by kokoro]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro

[edit on 4-5-2007 by kokoro]

It totally looks like the one on the bottom left!

new topics

top topics

join