It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh plays "Barack The Magic Negro"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Imus had been warned quite a few times that such language was unacceptable and he ignored the warnings. In my book that is grounds to be fired. As for mush loosebowels, yes 22 million people can be wrong if those 22 million don't think for themselves and let a big fat drug addled blowhard tell them what to think. They aren't called ditto heads for nothing.

When mush was off the air and in drug rehab (wink wink wink) one local ditto head said on TV..."now that he is off the air I don't know what to think anymore"
I wouldn't go around admitting that in public if I were him.

Mush can most certainly be fired by the radio stations that subscribe to his show. If enough of them said that they had had enough of this ignorant, pompous blowhard he would disappear from the air waves overnight and society would move forward.

Yes,

"IF" his numbers fell and the advertisers dried up he would be...Umm..Moved to another time slot.
The fact that he has 22 million ALSO is directly related to his time slot. I hate to say it but if Hannity had Rush's time slot he would pull the same numbers it's prime time. The only way to get rush off..or moved would be to draw a direct attack on his local radio network advertisers. You'd have to dry the money up. The power's that be have him in a time slot that is sorta a win-win. His listeners might fade a bit "BUT" because of his time slot he is sorta grandfathered in to that slot just because he's on in prime time so he's always going to have alot of numbers due to the time slot.This is why T.V. has all the crap shows on during the day because the working main stream can't watch. So they put Rush on when people can listen..At work. He had a T.V. show that failed...And failed BAD! So that goes for some proof that he is what he is due some what just for his time slot. IMO

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here's a thread I just started that I feel is totally related to this discussion, as it quite graphically shows the racial hypocrisy evident in the media and from the leading accusers in the Imus case.

www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 5/3/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Centurian there are no leading accuser's in the Imus case... he said what he said and never (couldn't actually) deny it. To be an accuser you have to say someone did something that they may or may not have done.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That is incorrect grover. The whole issue would have probably died out if Sharpton hadn't basically blackmailed CBS into getting rid of Imus.

Sharpton also made accusatory statements against the Duke players, which he never backed down from or apologized for.

So where was Sharpton, Jackson, or the mainstream media when this happened?

[edit on 5/4/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Media Matters is why Imus was fired. They are a watch dog group for the Left bottom line. They called the media sharks on Imus. Sharpton and Jackson were notified through Media Matter relations.
mediamatters.org...

I suggest anyone who feels as much as I do that Limbaugh is a blow hard check out Media Matters. They have an online search that you can pull all of Limbaughs radio cast up and they will show you where he takes media clips and spins the sound bites to fit the GOP aganda.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
According to O'Reilly, Media Matters is basically owned and controlled by George Soros.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
And yet...

He is and remains the single most successful talk radio host in history..

Last count was 22 million listeners..

Perhaps, now just maybe, 22 million are correct and 1 that's One Grover could be wrong?

Just going with the odds here mind you, but I'll bet the 22 million every time over the 1...

The actual stats indicate that Rush is aired on 600+ radio stations across the nation.
Next is Hannity at just under 500

It drops off dramatically after that..

I'm not fond of American Idol, but I am OPEN enough to understand that with it's popularity, it must by definition be a good program..

Semper

But, Semper, what about the other 228 million people who don't listen to him? Since that's a vast majority compared to 22 million, I would say that the folks who don't listen to Rush are quite alot more than those who do.

I find Rush to be tasteless, boorish, rude and brainless. He is a hate mongerer, a hypocrit and a misogynist. All he ever does is push hate and lies and for those that don't agree with him, he has no respect, since he thinks he's always right. He's a pompous windbag who has managed to attract the lowest element of American citizenry. He should have been fired along time ago, when he made his cruel remarks about Michael J. Fox faking his illness for political reasons. He has no compassion, and that's one of the biggest reasons I don't like him.
And I do think the song is racist, and therefore, offensive. Why can't he just intelligently state his views without all the venom that is his trademark?
It's his blanket hatred of anyone who disagrees with him that I also find offensive. If he were a liberal, I'd still feel the same way.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ah, the honor of being called a "ditto-head". Does it cover all those that
can't think on their own? Probably a safe bet.

I don't like Mr. Limbaugh. (He generates only verbal flatulence)

Mr. Double-Standard.

And how can you say that what he did was "not inheritantly bad"?
What is? Will Santa be next, for using the word "Ho"?

And no, I don't have a problem with Bush being called a war criminal.
It's a personal, "as-I-see-things" type of call.
Manipulator works too.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

But, Semper, what about the other 228 million people who don't listen to him? Since that's a vast majority compared to 22 million, I would say that the folks who don't listen to Rush are quite alot more than those who do.

I find Rush to be tasteless, boorish, rude and brainless. He is a hate mongerer, a hypocrit and a misogynist. All he ever does is push hate and lies and for those that don't agree with him, he has no respect, since he thinks he's always right. He's a pompous windbag who has managed to attract the lowest element of American citizenry.

But forestlady, what about the 249 million people that don't listen to Air America's Al Franken?

They must find Franken to be tasteless, boorish, rude and brainless. He is also a hate mongerer, a hypocrit and a misogynist. All he ever does is push hate and lies and for those that don't agree with him, he has no respect, since he thinks he's always right. He's a pompous windbag who has managed to attract (a very few of) the lowest element of American citizenry.

Now that the playing field has been leveled (except for the number of listeners), what's your point?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Now that the playing field has been leveled (except for the number of listeners), what's your point?

The playing field isn't quite level, what with Rush being a drug addled, cognitively challenged, cigar smoker.

My kind of guy!!!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I find Rush to be tasteless, boorish, rude and brainless. He is a hate mongerer, a hypocrit and a misogynist. All he ever does is push hate and lies and for those that don't agree with him, he has no respect, since he thinks he's always right. He's a pompous windbag who has managed to attract the lowest element of American citizenry.

But forestlady, what about the 249 million people that don't listen to Air America's Al Franken?

They must find Franken to be tasteless, boorish, rude and brainless. He is also a hate mongerer, a hypocrit and a misogynist. All he ever does is push hate and lies and for those that don't agree with him, he has no respect, since he thinks he's always right. He's a pompous windbag who has managed to attract (a very few of) the lowest element of American citizenry.

I don't listen to Al Franken, either, never have, so I can't comment on him. But if he's as hateful as you say, then I will continue not tolisten to him.
My point is that just because 22 million people listen to anyone doesn't mean it's a good show. I don't care if it's Al Franken, Rush Limbaugh, or the Tooth Fairy, if all the person does is spew hate, I don't want to listen to him/her.
It's not a left vs. right thing, Centurion, or Democrat vs. Republican, it's a matter of good vs. bad taste.
Contrary to what you might think, I'm not a knee jerk liberal, I do try to look at all sides. But hatred and bigotry goes beyond any party affiliation, I just don't want to listen to anyone who is a hate-mongerer, no matter who they are or what their political orientation.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
According to O'Reilly, Media Matters is basically owned and controlled by George Soros.

Don't tell me you believe bill o'really? He has less crediblity than mush loosebowels.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That is not a very creative response centurian and inaccurate as well.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Don't tell me you believe bill o'really? He has less crediblity than mush loosebowels.

I made it clear that that was according to O'Reilly. The decision to believe or not is entirely left up to the reader.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Actually, I thought it was pretty creative to paraphrase your comments in order to show that those views on Limbaugh are not absolute, but instead subject to the eye of the beholder.

And what was innacurate? I used your figure of a total of 250 million listeners. It's also well documented that the number of listeners to Al Franken was so low that he - and radio stations - was bailing from the Air America "network" to the point that bankruptcy article was declared.

And here is an article showing the number of listeners to be under 2 million - which fits with my earlier estimate.

The network's weekly audience has been stuck at just under 2 million since the beginning -- about one-tenth the number of listeners who tune in each week to conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh.

So, what's your beef?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So, Rush has a lot of loyal listeners. Big deal. All that means is that there a lot of people out there that like to hear him tear people apart. It doesn't necessarily mean that what he says is righteous, or holds much merit.

He appeals to a segment of society's most base views. The fact that 22 million people share these types of views is unsettling.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
He appeals to a segment of society's most base views. The fact that 22 million people share these types of views is unsettling.

Well, as H. L. Menkin said............

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public"

More true today than when Mr. Menkin said it!

Wait a minute, Iv'e already quoted Mr. Menkin in this thread.
Oh well, It bears repeating, especially when in Reference to Mr. Limbaugh.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by whaaa]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Actually, I thought it was pretty creative to paraphrase your comments in order to show that those views on Limbaugh are not absolute, but instead subject to the eye of the beholder.

And what was innacurate? I used your figure of a total of 250 million listeners. It's also well documented that the number of listeners to Al Franken was so low that he - and radio stations - was bailing from the Air America "network" to the point that bankruptcy article was declared.

And here is an article showing the number of listeners to be under 2 million - which fits with my earlier estimate.

The network's weekly audience has been stuck at just under 2 million since the beginning -- about one-tenth the number of listeners who tune in each week to conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh.

So, what's your beef?

With all due respect Centurion, my "beef" is that you're trying to make this a Republican vs. Democrat issue. It isn't, not at least as far as I'm concerned. Good taste
is not a political issue. Nor is hatemongering, which is what Rush, O'Hannity and Bill O'Reilly do. If you disagree, fine, but at least state why you don't agree. The only reason I pick them is because I'm familiar with them. I don't listen to commentators, be they Rep or Dem, I can form my own opinions, thank you.
And what in tarnation does Al Franken have to do with this thread? We're not discussing him, we're discussing Rush Limbaugh.

My other "beef" is that you entirely and utterly missed my point and are trying to spin my words into something different.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So, what's your beef?

You mean besides the fact that it was Forest lady not me that you were quoting? People have accused Al Franken of many things but misoygnist and hate monger are not among them... that fits mush loosebowels more than anyone else.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very well said forest lady.

mush loosebowels, bill o'really, sean hannity, ann coulter, micheal savage are all nothing more than hate mongers... they are wildy inaccurate, make up their own facts and pass them off as truth to people who don't do their own thinking. They prefer to smear instead of engaging in an actual debate. They claim to be conservatives but they are more like nilists than anything else.

I have no problem debating conservative vs liberal or republican vs democrat but keep these pests out of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join