It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Quiz : Aliens Have Just Made Contact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's 6a.m., and aliens have made contact on a world wide scale.
You have no clue as to what they're intentions are, as the news is not releasing much, and everyone else whips up into a frenzy.
People are freaking out, riots start up, looting, etc.

What would you do?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Freak out, mix in with the riot's and loot what i can take.

All joking aside, i dont know what i would do, and i dont think others can make a clear answer to when not been in such situation before.

Edited to not make this a one liner.

[edit on 28/4/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'd probably turn the TV on to watch everyone freak out..But then of course I'd come to ATS to crack a couple jokes about everyone freaking out..LOL Followed by a few games of Space Invaders and Defender to get warmed up in case there hostile

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The only thing you can really do is continue watching the news to get the latest on what's happening around the world. I'm sure most people will still have to go to go to work and go on about their daily lives, and for some, this may not even be the biggest thing on their mind for the day.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Eat some pizza. Seriously. Fire up the oven before gas lines get cut.

Watch the news.

Drink alot of booze.

Those are honest answers at least.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Probably the same as 9/11.

Be glued to the tv, what else could you do?

Hope that they are peacefull!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sit at the TV and wait.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ask the ET's who was responsible for covering this up and lynch them.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Do you know something the rest of us don't?
I think if something like that were to happen, my first instinct would be to check on everyone I cared about if complete anarchy hasn't broken out (and we still have electricity) and secure my home. I would set up a telecope to keep an eye on the skies in real time. I might look for news on the Internet but definitely not the TV. Something tells me the TV might not be such a great idea... After that, well I suppose that depends on what happens next, doesn't it? If they're violent, I am better off staying home. If they're peaceful, I want a chance to guage the situation and analyze their intentions before making my presence known. I see no reason to approach them first unless they take the trouble to seek me out...
Mistakes happen when cultures clash and I don't want to be responsible for starting anything!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'd probably build a joint of chronic skunk and have a drive to the closest spaceship, then just chill with the EBE's, and maybe see what green they can sort me out

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, considering they are a bunch of illegal immigrants, I'd just tell Bill O'Reily and they'll be sent back home.

I'd be a hero and a patriot.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'd really just watch the news & internet all day to see how the world reacts.

Thats about it...

Well actually, I'd hope that the religious nuts don't go out and try to convert them, or worse, condemn them as demons and just embarrass us.

[edit on 4/28/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodapop04
Well, considering they are a bunch of illegal immigrants, I'd just tell Bill O'Reily and they'll be sent back home.

I'd be a hero and a patriot.

Bloody immigrants. Comin' here and takin our jobs!!

Intergalactic Racism.

Seriously though. We all know the troubles our own race is going through or has been through. How the hell are we going to embrace a culture that is, well alien to our own?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'd do nothing but surf the net with 24/7 news on in the background. I don't really think people would riot tbh.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, it would depend on what day it was, if it was a school day, I'd check
if there was school, and would probably go.

As important as it would be, unless they are landing close enough to me,
I'm not gonna alter my normal routine a great deal.

[edit on 4/28/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
First I would smile. Then dance/celebrate momentarily with myself. Then I would step outside and hopefully be greeted.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Change every TV to a different news channel and pop in some blank tapes and start recording, follow the news, and wait it out. OR I might make it to a landing or something and make contact. Probably the first one, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Tell you Earthlings that we are friendly and we wish to trade technology and knowledge of existence. Get back in the craft, leave you with a translation of our language in to English, and allow you all to adjust and live for what you should really be living for: each other.

Then we'd turn on the Earth news, intercepted from your satellite transmissions, and begin watching again as we always have... this time with enormous smiles and grand feelings of eudemonia.

Oops... cover blown

[edit on 28-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It might be time to go visit relatives that live further out in the countryside than I do. If a contact event were in progress, It would bring out every fanatic for miles.

I'm not too scared of what a peaceful contact itself would bring, and whatever it was would be long and drawn out. But the reaction from some who would be forced to radically change their value system could be very unpredictable.

And I am not talking just about religion here. There would be many secular people who would find that the basic underpinning of their world had just crumbled. These people would run the total range of humans.

I am aware that many hope that we would be more sophisticated in the face of such a thing, but I doubt that hope is based on anything more than wishful thinking. The normal person, and most of us here are not in that category, is in such a rut that there is little real thought put forth in day to day lifestyles. There are parameters of social interaction that over time become habitual, for most people, and events that fall outside of those boundaries tend to push them to hysteria.

Now while this would not, (IMO), be a majority of people, it would be enough to cause concern. Imagine those on the edge, for instance the Virginia Tech shooter, a week before he snapped. Or all those close to that point who will never quite snap under everyday pressure. Such an event could well be a trigger point that would push them over the edge.

Most of these personality types have a fanatical perception of the world. They tend to think that their own view of reality is not only the correct one, but that many events thwart them from whatever it is that they perceive as the 'true' state of bliss that they are entitled to. I think a lot of that type would see contact as such an event.

While this adjustment period should not be overly lengthy, it could be very intense to suffer through. And I might add that at whatever point we have contact, this adjustment period will likely occur, and is (IMO) part of the growing pains of a species that gains the stars.

As a prudent person, I would want some isolation at such a time. There is even the idea, to me, that these types would blame those known to have spoken or been interested in aliens. Us. The old 'shoot the messenger' idea.

But maybe I'm too paranoid.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Fire a fatty up, then prepare myself for

1.The complete understanding of the laws of physics,nature and the universe.
2. All the awesome pics of the universe and different planets.
3. To observe all the different life forms across the universe
4. The answere to whether or not there is a God and what happens when you die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join