It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Quiz : Aliens Have Just Made Contact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would stock up on a few things and head up north to my parents place in Canada that's full of wild game, fish and lakes. I would leave my job, nothing else would matter anyways, 'cept for family. The single most important event in our history might be the single worst event as well.

On the other hand, maybe something good would come out of it, such as the world united as one, free energy, ect. So all in all there would probably be panic, stock market crashes, communication break-down, mass hysteria...I'd run to the hills!! or cabin

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As has been said before, i would just watch the news and hope any race advanced enough to travel vast distances through space has evolved past war.

I do have a feeling that it would cause chaos so my choice would be just to keep well away from the mass riots and hope we don't live on a planet that they want enough to wipe us off it.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would probably be watching the TV closely trying to gather if it was all real or some sort of stunt being used to control us.

I would then be thinking "why did they think we were ready for this?" and "have they been watching what humans do to each other?" I would probably warn them about what a dangerous race we can be and tell them to leave. They should be made to understand mankind won't be changing just because they arrived.

It would only be a matter of time before one of them got stabbed, raped, identity thefted, currency devalued, and our people would be in for it. We would all pay for the actions of the few....

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Honestly...I would prepare for war. That's just me. Fill everything that can hold something with water. Get alot of canned foods. Pack some supplies in a couple bag packs. Get torch line, rifle hand gun, 2 knives.

My family & I think alike, so I know they're riding with me...watch the net & news for any attacks, or anything that hints that their intentions are of evil. Get me some telescopes. Loot alot...and pray.

If they are here for peace & to share...guess I woulnd't have lossed or gained anything. So it won't hurt me to strap some AK's and ready myself...just incase. 'Cause even if they are going to kill me...I gotta take atleast 1 of 'em with me.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'd wake up.
Put on the tv.. see some broadcasting about it (not fully gettng it still groggy)
head for the kitchen to get the coffeemachine to do it's thing.
sit down for a sec with my cats on the sofa
realize what's on tv. have a bit of a what the ... moment..
and then head to the kitchen for coffee, sit down drink, have a smoke and watch.
After that.. I have no clue, haven't ever seen real "first contact" yet so I have no clue how I would really react, I can speculate but I can't be at all sure how I'd really react.

I'll probably phone mom's place or work to inform if she knows or not/if everythings ok.
Drink more coffee watch the tv, get on the net. and.. think.. sit and wait what's going to happen. The direction it's taking and then base whatever I might think of doing around the situation as it unfolds.
Personally I don't think I'll panic.

I would not be overly trusting if the aliens seem benign though..
Noone here can comprehend what they think. Too different. so I would be suspicious.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
smoke a spliff and see what happens.

you think the DEA will start listening in on my phone calls now?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Depending on where they are, I would probably stay home from work and watch the news and stay on ATS. Probably call my mom and tell her to come up here to my house just in case they get hostile. Call all of my friends to say I told you so.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nip down the shops and stock up on beer, tobacco and food.

Then try to nick one of those shiny ships.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What's with the doom and gloom predictions? Have you ever thought about the world we live in now and what is accepted as normal? Endless warfare, famine, disease, violence. Do you really think everyone will flip out? Face it, for the most part people are thick and dull. And the minority that isn't idles their time away immersed in niche exotica, for the most part. That leaves a tiny amount of people who would even care. My bet is after some Olympics type hype, it's right back to business as usual. Even better, most would deny it no matter what they saw and turn the tube right back to American Idol. Any takers on the wager?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i'd tell people "it could be worse... it could be that not all nuclear weapons are accounted for... oh wait.. that already is the case."

I think we need to get the message to people that we already have bigger problems to worry about than a possible alien invasion.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'd locate Will Smith. Not only did I see a video of him flying a UFO but I also saw him chase down an alien, AND I saw him knock one out with one punch! That's what I'm talking about!

Seriously, name one other person who comes close? Maybe Luke Skywalker, but he's not even a real person. He's an actor! His name is Mark Hammil, I did a film with him, trust me.. not a real jedi

Anyway I can't possibly think of anything else that might work.

but seriously, I doubt they would be hostile.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd pour myself an especially strong drink,(6 A.M. or not) then vegetate in front of the television until I learned what was up. I have had a dream where first contact occurred, they took over the planet and then separated all of us senior citizens from the rest and eliminated our useless hides. What good is an old slave? HAHA.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I would stay inside for a few days..I live in a sketchy neighborhood as it is so I am sure those idiots would be actin a fool.
I would personally be stoked and calling a lot of people saying I TOLD YOU SO !!! jajaja
after a view days I would emerge and trip out over everything around me.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Sit in front of TV and wait for instructions.

TV always knows what's best for me.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
It's 6a.m., and aliens have made contact on a world wide scale.
You have no clue as to what they're intentions are, as the news is not releasing much, and everyone else whips up into a frenzy.
People are freaking out, riots start up, looting, etc.

What would you do?

I'd simply go outside, get in my car, drive to the nearest location where the little guys are, and ask them to take me to their dealer, I mean leader. Did I just say that out loud?

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
1. Not go to work.

2. Watch TV and log on to ATS!

3. Send text messages to all the people I know who think I’m nuts for believing ET exists.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Originally posted by Radekus
Riots? Panic? WHat are you people on? Stop buying into mass media propaganda! Ask yourself, would you go out into the street, rape pillage and riot if there was news of contact with aliens? Or would you stay inside glued to your tv screen?

Agree, even if it does happen I am sure the military and police would be on high alert. So odds are you would be either shot dead or arrested during the riots. People need to grow up and drop the rambo mentality, if aliens want us dead we would of been dead a long time ago. If they have the technology to get here then they have the tech. to eliminate us. Our guns won't do much against a biological weapon which if they wanted us dead thats what they would be using.

Not everyone thinks the same! remember there are 6 billion or so people in the world, thats 6 billion different reactions, so many possibilities of what people might do if they heard there was contact with aliens! Remember katrina? people were trying to get better / find shelter/ while others were rioting & commiting other crimes. Its hard to say what people would do...but in saying that we know that the military would be on high alert. So it wouldnt give us much of a choice really.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I would get guns, make speeches, and create my own faction to take over the world. It can't fail

Oh right, and build bunkers. Lots of bunkers.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Stay where I am (unless it's on fire from the general pandemonium), surf the internet for news as long as it's up, listen to the radio for news as long as it's up, watch CNN (best news IMO) for news as long as it's up. If there's still chaos after 24 hours, head to the nearest sporting goods in my car, loot a gun, ammo, a backpack and food, drive as far as I can away from civilization until the gas runs out, find a rock formation and hole up. Eat the food until it runs out, after that, live off the land. Shoot any humans instantly on sight, no questions asked, unless outnumbered and/or outgunned. In such a case, surrender. Loot the corpses of those I kill and eat the bodies. I would cook the bodies and not eat the brains. If you eat the brains you get fatal prion disease. If aliens show up, I'd not fight, and do my best to convince them I'm harmless and even useful. If they were intent on wiping out humanity or something, I'd not collaborate, and instead go down guns blazing.

Good hypothetical.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by uberarcanist]

I like this idea. ahahahah My friends, as much family as possible, and I would meet at our camp site that we hike into every year. Pretty secluded. Bring guns and ammo for sure, just in case. Food. Radio with lots of batteries. Of course, not leave home until the crap hit the fan. Definately give out a few "told you so's" to a number of friends and family. haha

If they attacked like they did in this Brazilian case, head for the hills FOR SURE!!!!

Brazilian Video here
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know allot of people say they would take their family to secluded and remote areas of the US but what happens when everyone thinks of that idea? Then you will just be running into people in the woods freaking out.
I can not remember what the name of the movie was but it was an old black and white about the end of the world and everyone ran for the hills to get away from each other but when they all got to their spots in the country they found out that they were not the only ones there. what if there is nowhere to run and hide?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join