It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Quiz : Aliens Have Just Made Contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In all honesty if I came from millions of miles away and met "the human race". I'd do it a chuffin favour and put it out of it's misery.

We aren't capable of looking after one-another, we aren't capable of looking after ourselves. We do more damage than we care to admit. And yet we blame God or illegal imigrants for it..

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't think anyone could walk away from the televison for at least seven minutes. After the sheer awe, I'd guess everyone would react to how they perceived the info.

I personally would get guns ready, JIC. Next I'd most likely throw on fatigues and combat boots with my skimask ready. Then it's half in the door watching TV and half out with binoculars watching for craft. If any land I'd aproach [having nothing to lose but a life I must lose one day]. I would want to be carrying my 12 gague mossberg [even though if aliens had hostile intentions any weapon seems futile] just incase, in hopes to injure one or two if they did attack me. You might say aproaching them with a gun in camo seems hostile of me. I'm almost certain they would define the situation and understand my intent before I even did.

If the people of earth were more of a threat then I certainly would devise a list of necessitys [vitamins, water, gasmaks].

It all depends on how events unfold. All I know is I'm amped to see a friendly 'invasion' and would walk out of work or sex to be their for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Fire a fatty up, then prepare myself for

1.The complete understanding of the laws of physics,nature and the universe.
2. All the awesome pics of the universe and different planets.
3. To observe all the different life forms across the universe
4. The answere to whether or not there is a God and what happens when you die.

I have to say, I highly doubt aliens could tell you and show you all that,
I mean yes any race that can come here has most likely seen a lot, and
has more knowledge about certain sciences than we do, but it does'nt
mean they know everything.

Plus, aliens most likely only have interstellar travel, not intergalactic
capabilities, so they'd only be able to show you stuff from our galaxy.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree with those who would stay home, smoke somethin' and hang out on ATS until the situation is understood.
Leaving is over-rated anyway. Let the lunatics come across as threatening and get blown to pieces.

Nice to watch a situation unfold from a relatively 'safe' distance.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
I'd probably build a joint of chronic skunk and have a drive to the closest spaceship, then just chill with the EBE's, and maybe see what green they can sort me out

- He's a RASTAFARIAN....

keep your hands off him....

I once read a book by a former DEA agent who busted some Rasta's smoking, one jumped a wall and broke his ankle. The next day the DEA agent broke his ankle and he wrote (to paraphrase) that he thought it was his karma, after all that he'd seen, they weren't criminals. (Sorry, don't remember the name of the book....)

Kind of like ascension, the longer you're at, the easier the battles get - not because the battles get easier - because you do, or your ability to trust the universe gets easier.

I'd probably watch the TV.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is what I would seriously do:
I would go outside and yell; What took you guys so long!?
Then I would join forces, telling them everything i know about global infrastructure, important locations, military bases, and I would let them sample my DNA.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Gather weapons, food supplies, construct a fortress, then watch as the world ends. Then I would start a resistance group with survivors. viva revolution!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Get as much great sex in as possible, watch the news, get stoned, and then have more sex while watching the news.

If all is well, and they are peaceful, rock on!

If all is not well, and they are torching the world, get stoned and have more sex. Until the very end. Gotta go happy gang!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was just talking to the kids and hubby on the way to the store and decided to make a plan in case all of the sudden there was a large showing of space craft in the skies above. I told everyone to ignore them, continue doing whatever it is your doing. To my hubby I added and if you find yourself in the company of gun slinging anti alien buddies just say "I need to go home to my family". I reminded him any weapon he had could be used against him. Pick up the kids from school,call my Brother, then grandpa, I agree I would search the web after checking in here first, then turn on all the tvs and radios get in touch with my local HAM and wait it out to see what comes next. It will not suprise me one bit.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would be glued to the TV................and be transfixed on ATS.

Most assuredly I would be trying to find out what they eat and what they LIKE to eat. Planning to be one of the first people to open up a resturant geared to the intergalactic pallet ......................

Strawberry ice cream on pancakes anyone??

(hold the salt)

[edit on 28-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Western society is too spineless, too feminine, too fearful to burst into widespread riots. I mean, of course there will be some looting and pillaging, but it's always the same group of people doing that anyway, regardless of the crisis, so what else is new? More than likely, the great majority of people would just stop and drop what they were doing, paralyzed and helpless, like deer in the headlights.

However, let's say there were crazy riots and general hellraising...

If you had any enemies in your life (salespeople who screwed you, smug sisters-in-law who insulted you, bosses who fired you, ex-wives who were harassing you for unpaid alimony, for example), it would be a perfect opportunity to load up the shotgun, a couple of 9mm handguns, and go on a killing spree. Just kill as many of your known enemies as you could in the midst of the the rioting and carnage, get it all out of your system, then retreat to safety, content in the knowledge that your cold blooded pre-meditated crimes have been thoroughly lost amidst a hundred thousand more spontaneous, hot-blooded and senseless crimes occurring simultaneously.

By the time everything settles down (say, a week later), your victims are merely counted among the unfortunate hundreds of thousands who met similar fates on that awful Day the Aliens Came to Earth, and whose murders will never be investigated but attributed collectively to culture shock. Hmmm.. I smell a screenplay, eh?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The VERY FIRST thing I would do is to call each and everyone of my family members and say...TOLD YA SO

Then demand an apology for them labeling me as someone that was a "little off their rocker"

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"Take you to my leader? Bad idea, because our planet's leaders would only screw up any kind of progressive relationship with your people. Besides, I can only speak for myself & no one else."

Well, in the interests of furthering diplomatic relation with an alien culture, wouldn't it be best to start with the truth?

[edit on 28-4-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Probably meditate, and go on ATS xD

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Stay where I am (unless it's on fire from the general pandemonium), surf the internet for news as long as it's up, listen to the radio for news as long as it's up, watch CNN (best news IMO) for news as long as it's up. If there's still chaos after 24 hours, head to the nearest sporting goods in my car, loot a gun, ammo, a backpack and food, drive as far as I can away from civilization until the gas runs out, find a rock formation and hole up. Eat the food until it runs out, after that, live off the land. Shoot any humans instantly on sight, no questions asked, unless outnumbered and/or outgunned. In such a case, surrender. Loot the corpses of those I kill and eat the bodies. I would cook the bodies and not eat the brains. If you eat the brains you get fatal prion disease. If aliens show up, I'd not fight, and do my best to convince them I'm harmless and even useful. If they were intent on wiping out humanity or something, I'd not collaborate, and instead go down guns blazing.

Good hypothetical.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would go outside and watch (should they be visible)

And then (assuming lines aren't cut and they're peaceful) call anyone that ever doubted me about evidence and there reality and just laugh.

\\(^_^)//

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would probably do what i do everyday. Get with my friends, put on some Olospo (band) and smoke a couple bowls. When they came to our dorm room we'd probably be like "hey whats up?" If they were friendly we'd chill if they were hostile i'd probably go down fighting so they at least remembered me.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Aliens invading? People going crazy? Strange things going on? Hmmm? this seems like the perfect time for me to think up some new religion. Have no fear, I wouldn't have them drink any crazy juice, no reason to kill off people following you.

Styki

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What would you do under all the same conditions as the OP plus the power as you know it has just turned off.

Last piece of news you saw before the power went out was that the aliens have landed and there intentions are unknown.

Then the lights go out and stay out.

And here you thought life was scary with man at the head of the food chain. I dont even like thinking about this.

~Anathema

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If aliens were to come here the chances are that the enviorment would be hostile for them.
Gravity would probaly not be the same, the chances for gravity to be the same from the world they come from VS our world are small, just look at the new planet discovered as an example.

Our oxigen levels could be too high or too low for them or even toxic, they could have a hard time inhailing our air, we are an example, if oxigen levels are too high for us our organism does not tolerate it, same go's for low oxigen levels, we would sufocate, we have to have just about the right levels in order for us to exist on this planet.

We have no way of knowing how would they react to germs and bacteria from our enviorment, it could be fatal to them, just look at "the end of the worlds" good movie also makes a good point.

Who knows what other sensible parts they have.

In case they come in Peace........or
world wide landings at the same time and mass ufo flying over the sky every where would not be the case in the event they do come in peace.
One or two ufos would probaly land some where to establish contact with the human race, this would be best action to be taken by aliens, since mass ufo sightings would cause panic and would seem like they are invading our teritory, so in the event the do come in peace this would probaly be their solution, to send out an armada of ships every where on the planet would not make sence unles they have bad intentions for us.
If we do see ufos every where it can only mean they are here with bad intentions, or they probaly want something that we have on this planet and they want it badly and they will take it by force.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by pepsi78]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join