It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Story Changes...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
AND...if MOA means Memorandum of Agreement [en.wikipedia.org...] what is it that DARPA and the AF and Navy exactly are agreeing too? If HAARP is not designed to be an operational system for military purposes [www.haarp.alaska.edu...] then why could DARPA just not just ask for data collected.

The DARPA TTO Overview on HAARP says

DARPA established an MOA with the Air Force and Navy for this program in November 2002. The HAARP technology is transitioning to the Air Force and Navy in FY 2006.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OK, on top of what i have already said I found a few things for ATSers to check out.

HAARP Completed

I have yet to verify the information presented but hope to support all claims this website has stated. It is a good break down of events and funding that surround HAARP.

Check out this sketchy title involving HAARP in RDT&E BUDGET ITEM JUSTIFICATION SHEET (R-2 Exhibit) February 2007 Its on pg9 out of the 22 pdf pages

Narrative Title
Sleight of HAND (SOH)

FY 2006 FY 2007 FY 2008 FY 2009
4.482 11.870 12.710 7.160

Now check out the RDT&E BUDGET ITEM JUSTIFICATION SHEET (R-2 Exhibit) February 2005 on page 9 out of 22 pdf pages where they discuss HAARP itself the related funding.

A recent study
completed by an Air Force/Navy Panel also points to additional high-value functions that can potentially be accomplished with the a 3.6 MW capability, in particular, the exploration and refinement of scientific principles that could lead to the development and deployment of a system to provide protection for space-based assets from emergent asymmetric threats.

www.dtic.mil...

Check out how where HAARP funding stops the Sleight of HAND funding takes off and dramatically increases even though it was

developed under the HAARP program, also budgeted under this project.

Lucky for us the choose not to include this info under the 2007 version and exclude HAARP details in the 2007 version despite the "AF and Navy taking HAARP technology over in FY 2006". Also, wasn't HAARP supposed to be a 20 year project? I'm only counting 17 years at best. OH YEA, it's not HAARP anymore but SOH...silly me.

I will try to find more for you and cite better sources as I collect information.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The reasons I have stated above are why I even placed this thread in Disinformation and Defelection.

Regardless of HAARPs true uses why is all the old information changed or missing? I still can not find the November 1993 HAARP Facts Sheet. I can find quotes from it but they are not completly credible as they are on speculation sites and have no link to the original document.

What if our kids eventually read updated mission statements that say HAARP was always intended as an RF weapon? Big deal right? Well...how about knowing that HAARP would have never been built if not behind the guise of civilian research.

Such an example is clear Disinformation and Defelection. It is exactly what happened in Orwell's 1984 and will be the future of how governments control our minds. What you learn leads to how you react. How you react shapes your future outcome. Everyones future outcome shapes the entire future. It's pure logic.

Rage Against The Machine puts it well.

"Who controls the past now controls the future
Who controls the present now controls the past
Who controls the past now controls the future
Who controls the present now?"

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It'd be nice if it turned out that it was a kind of weapon. Maybe we could use it for defense against nuclear missiles?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As regards the previous statement, well, that's one way of looking at it. Another means that if it is purely given over to those agencies (3, I believe?) who are responsible for US defence, then what information there is in the publec domain will probably dissappear. As will any chance of the "beneficial" effects Eastlund envisages in his patent application (ozone replenishment, CO2 depletion).

Instead we'll all have to deal with completely unrestricted use of this thing, which, now at full power (3.6MW), can dump huge amounts of energy into the ionoshpere/magnetoshpere almost anywhere above the planet.

If this sounds good to you, we diverge massively! Erm, by the way, just who were you expecting to send missiles at you?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
It'd be nice if it turned out that it was a kind of weapon. Maybe we could use it for defense against nuclear missiles?

Hell, if the DoD has used some "Sleight of HAND"

Im no fan of seeing that flash on the American homeland.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So I'm wondering if it can target the tropo/stratosphere(s), because here they seem to completely deflect the question and answer they have in their official FAQ?

Is HAARP capable of affecting the weather?
The HAARP facility will not affect the weather.
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Notice how they word it. They don't seem to actually answer the question.

I decided to move this to it's own thread as this topic here is more broad in HAARP's capabilities. Also this topic about a specific new DARPA release, where the topic I'm posing is something quite old and off the official HAARP site.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Instead we'll all have to deal with completely unrestricted use of this thing...

Same with nukes, and all other military weaponry...

which, now at full power (3.6MW), can dump huge amounts of energy into the ionoshpere/magnetoshpere almost anywhere above the planet.

Anywhere?

If this sounds good to you, we diverge massively! Erm, by the way, just who were you expecting to send missiles at you?

We wouldn't have to be afraid of a nuclear attack. Isn't that...uh...good?

I'd rather have a defense against foreign powers.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As I understand it they are capable of using it to produce a plasma in quite a large region of the magnetosphere/ionosphere, then adding more energy to that plasma, which in turn ionises particulates and neutrals, thereby intensifying the plasma even more. Electron cyclotron resonant heating is the priciple by which this happens, I think. Anyway, this can be used to raise the section being acted upon, with the result that what is below this region rushes up to fill the gap, creating strong winds. In the original patent Eastlund talks about using it to manipulate the jet stream. Thats stratospheric, and in turn affects the troposphere.

Them denying the possibility seems a bit disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Whle we're on the sunject, does anyone know how HAARP first became publicly known? Was it something they decided all on their own to inform the public about or was it something that people found out and started talking about so that they finally decided to release PR materials about? Or other other ticbits from its early times, for example did the patent become known right away and then its started, and so on??

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Whle we're on the sunject, does anyone know how HAARP first became publicly known? Was it something they decided all on their own to inform the public about or was it something that people found out and started talking about so that they finally decided to release PR materials about? Or other other ticbits from its early times, for example did the patent become known right away and then its started, and so on??

So far I have found this...

This led to an Ionospheric Modification/ELF Workshop held the following month at NUSC on 9-11 January 1990. It was attended by personnel from a number of government agencies, as well as from several universities and the private sector. The workshop was billed as providing "an opportunity for broad-based inputs concerning research needs in ionospheric modification. In addition, potential systems were defined, and the characteristics of a new, unique, HF heating facility were discussed and identified."

But what may have made original headlines is...

Early November 1993 the United States Air Force announced, via press release, that the prime contractor on the HAARP program was Arco Power Technologies, Incorporated, (APTI) owner of the patents of Eastlund and other APTI scientists.

www.indybay.org...

I believe the second quote would have been the spark of intrest to environmentalist that may have further exposed the HAARP reality that has come to be.

Before November 1993 the project was closed doors.

The Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 1990 provided funds for the
creation of HAARP, jointly managed by the Air Force Research Laboratory
and the Office of Naval Research. Three contracts were awarded to ARCO
Power Technologies (APTI) to begin feasibility studies in 1991. In 1992 the
principal contract to begin construction was awarded, also to APTI

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1

I believe the second quote would have been the spark of intrest to environmentalist that may have further exposed the HAARP reality that has come to be.

I hope your wrong. You could be right though. The last thing we need up here is more lies about Alaska from extremists groups. Even Hillary spun a yarn a mile long. Her infamous quote about the beetle kill went over well.
Beetle kill is cyclical and the cycle is over the trees are nearly recovered. The Salmon runs are so huge they keep raising the limits. The Biologists are very embarrassed. The Polar Bears are so bad the Slope Workers are having to post a guard when they work to keep from being eaten (Gores little white lie). The videos of ANWR are of a completely different area. These jerks even imported 100 Navajos to Nome a few years ago for a photo op so they could say the Native Americans are against it. It never stops. Sorry for the rant. We are sick of liars from the lower 48 trying to rule our State. I apologize, but some things need to be said. There is a real problem with the Beluga Whales though. They need protected.

Obviously HAARP has changed since I last investigated. When the government takes over they always screw up. I'll have to get in touch with someone who may have more info. I ran into a bus load of students from HAARP last year while fishing. They were picking up mail and supplies. If they up the power dramatically it could be a different story. I think its just the value to communications they are into though. The info you are giving is changing my mind about this. Keep Diggin

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting read Watchful1. Trying to prove what it was actually intended for versus what it is currently being used for is like bottling smoke.

I think the orginal patent holder has a key to what HAARP was orginally intended for, which was ELF an ULF waves for ground and water penetrating radar, funded naturally enough by the oil companies. I also think IMO, that smart minds in the sub-basement of our covert intelligence gathering agencies, (you can call them military if it makes you feel better) suspected that HAARP technology might have some far reaching side effects beyond what was publicly stated. So, as in many past projects, they will fund promising research, then watch it closely for the possible side effects.
Once they see something that may have unintended (but suspected) effects, they will usually swoop in and divide up the project. I think what Watchful1 is finding is evidence of them doing just that.

If the finding is important enough, they will divide the public side from the military, then take the really important findings and drop them into the privately funded, black ops research. What you may find is that there is more than one HAARP facility in AK and maybe more.

What would be this suspected side effect of HAARP?

Your guess is as good as mine, but again IMO, I think it does have something to do with communication, just not terrestial.

Another thing to keep in mind about oil companies, they have large research budgets and can basically go anywhere in the world without raising eyebrows. This makes for a great platform for some of our covert agencies to move operatives around.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
From everything I have read prior to this article implied that HAARP was a civilian science project.

Updated 3/9/07 [as of this post], by DARPA office TTO an article briefing on HAARP states that it was developed

to exploit emerging ionosphere and radio science technologies related to advanced defense applications.

I had read before that because HARRP was

jointly managed by the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Office of Naval Research
it was believed HAARP would turn into a defense technology even though it was said to be completely for civilian scientific use....

Crazy speculations on HAARP's capabilities have been made and if they are true I can see why the DoD has such big balls.

Either way I'm mostly impartial on HAARP but wanted to bring this update to the surface to see what you guys thought.

Anyone care to save me paper writing time by elaborating on the significance of this update and also some of the implied speculation on HAARP conspiracy?

I'll try to link some threads later when I'm free. [assuming anyone can ever even actually be free]

not very suprising.....they use HAARP [high frequency active aroral reserch program] to raise,thin,thicken,move the ionosphere. if you heat up air in one area....say the area in front of the missle....like 2 Km ahead....then that air starts to rise...the missile hits the area where the air is rising, and the missle is pushed off course. its a very simple, very effective concept...

Edit: and by the way...HAARP was never shut down...they are still using it.

me,dad,uncle denis and my grandfather go to anchorage(surrounding area.) every year on a hunting trip. last year i asked them if we could go check out the HAARP site, they said ok but when we got there.....4 guys with M-16's went out to the gate and this one "authorised" looking figure came and told us we have to leave..."its private property" he said.......

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Infadel]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Moved To :www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Infadel]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join