It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is TWATS decided each month?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In the theme of a recent thread I started, I am curious on how TWATS is decided each month.

Recently management has stated that it is only member's votes that decide who wins the monthly recognition.

But a mere month or so before management were suggesting that they had a good deal of input in the process and voted discretely for that person they believe most worthy of the prize.

Frankly I support this system because most members are newbies and there is also the likely scenario of gangs of supporters voting for each other. I like the idea of management who have more familiarity with conspiracy in general having a say in who they believe is the achiever of the month along with the members.

But in December 2003 it seems a very cloudy election indeed and frankly I smell vote fraud.

So I am asking the community and the managment of this website what do you think is going on or what is going on.

Do you think it is fair and if not why not?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can hear the Whaaaaambulance in the distance.

Weewoooweeewoooweeewooo...

Can you?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Recently management has stated that it is only member's votes that decide who wins the monthly recognition.

But a mere month or so before management were suggesting that they had a good deal of input in the process and voted discretely for that person they believe most worthy of the prize.

I don't care all that much about TWATS. Some months I vote, some months I don't. I enjoy it more when people U2U me to say something that I posted touched them or affected them and they gave me their vote. That gives me a buzz, and I am thankful for that.

To help this topic, I would be interested in you backing up the position that ATS management said they influence the votes. I can't recall it at all. Can you substantiate that?

My opinion is that ATS management only influences the votes because as members they have the same three votes per month as anyone else, and would no doubt use them!

I would be only a little concerned, if say, William and SkepticOverlord had three votes each. That's a situation that could be replicated many times in the member database. But again, I'm not hot under the collar about any of that, as it ought to be fun token recognition, that's all.

That would be it, case closed, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I don't care all that much about TWATS. Some months I vote, some months I don't. I enjoy it more when people U2U me to say something that I posted touched them or affected them and they gave me their vote. That gives me a buzz, and I am thankful for that.

To help this topic, I would be interested in you backing up the position that ATS management said they influence the votes. I can't recall it at all. Can you substantiate that?

My opinion is that ATS management only influences the votes because as members they have the same three votes per month as anyone else, and would no doubt use them!

I would be only a little concerned, if say, William and SkepticOverlord had three votes each. That's a situation that could be replicated many times in the member database. But again, I'm not hot under the collar about any of that, as it ought to be fun token recognition, that's all.

That would be it, case closed, in my opinion.

Well thanks for your opinion but you have had it and enjoyed it and that is nice for you. Think about others around here for once.

Also I as usual await management to talk....

still waiting....

maybe they will ban me for this eh?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
bah, this isn't ban worthy...

If you're looking to get banned go out in a bright fire!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
THENEO to put this to rest... I just queried the database and you got 33 total votes since this system was put in place, and only 12 for December. There were 465 members voting in December for a potential of over 1200 votes. Seekerof who received the most votes for the year was always in the top 3, and ended the year with more than 100 votes. All you need to do is review the content of the people who have been awarded to understand what attracts votes.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lysergic,

considering the battles I have had here with management I think that it may well result in that.

Still I await a response from management...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sorry but you said I got over 30 votes in November alone check the past postings.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Lemme look at the query... manual queries are hard on the new server.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
NEO

For the love of all things holy...SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!

What is the point of u bickering on about this....spamming the board with ur misery posts aint doing u any good...be intelligent and post something worthwhile that will make people say "hey...not bad...full of interesting detail..i'll vote for him"

Just drop it...u lost accept it.

I dont mean to be bad and i apologise to anyone right now but why all the big hassle???

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO.

be happy i voted for you, childish asshole.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Well thanks for your opinion but you have had it and enjoyed it and that is nice for you. Think about others around here for once.

Also I as usual await management to talk....

still waiting....

maybe they will ban me for this eh?

You didn't win? Oh my God it MUST BE a conspiracy!!! Yes Neo, battle the evil organization again, fight for all our freedom, we kneel before you and demand a recount.
See the other thread you started for my opinion your absolutely childish bullshit here, you've got an absolute cheek to bring up anyones age when you act like a 3 year old here.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
what, exactly, do you want management to say?
(in my best William voice) "sorry neo, you should have won, so we are overriding the voting system and giving it to you".
What do you hope to accomplish?

you lost.

so did nerdling, but we still respect him.

Maybe you will win next month.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
Maybe you will win next month.

After This? Not Likely.

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You know what, who cares? This is the biggest waste of server space I have seen. Its a online award...Its not the Lombardi Trophey.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I campaigned to win in the month of December. I did not win, but know I got some votes. William if it is not too hard would you mind telling me how many votes i got.

theneo, quality posters win the award. You are a quality poster, but making posts like this is just going to make it less likely that you will win.

On a side not I am going to start my campaign earlier this month lol

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Staff members do not have the option to vote. We have more exciting things like applaud and warn.

..and Neo, how can you possibly be upset that you didn't win? Is it that much of a surprise?

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am not sure he is asking why he didnt win...just the method applied to be documented.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Kano the applaud system does not work well in my opinion. The only time I have been applauded is when I had an avatar of jenna and hedi from survivor. It was a picture of them from playboy that did not show nudity. I made a thread asking if people liked my avatar and got an applaud for that thread. I assumed you got applauded for quality threads, but lots of forum staff are men lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
theneo i voted for you in december. also, however, being so childish about a stupid award that really isnt worth the giving of it, im never going to vote for you again in the forseeable future. grow up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join