It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponry Buffs- Whats wrong with this picture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
With all the talk of the potential bombing of Iran i stumbled upon this vid in regard to their Air defence capabilities..

www.youtube.com...

Pretty cool vid. Obviously somewhat biased towards Iran's capabilities, however IF they do possess all this equipment, their airdefences seem more advanced than i thought. But i'm no expert.

I'd apreciate if people could point out the innacuracies, (if their are) to this vid..

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It looks like a typical propaganda film IMHO.

Some thoughts.

I recognized some of the weapons systems and radars and not others (But lets face it i don't work for janes either)

I like the SSBN launching a ICBM at the Iranian port city from within the gulf and the S300 taking it it out. It could not be the newer SSGN variant as the Tomamhawk does not fly in a ballistic arc

Alot of the scenarios seem to lack any mention of SEAD and those that do show active countermeasires to ARM and the like which is interesting as Its an area I do not know much about.

It also fails to mention any standoff jamming or electron attack from what are clearly US force making the attack.

The sea systems mentioned in the video are a joke as Iran does not have an active air craft carrier and many of the systems seem to be fanciful at best.

Lastly the video producers,ANTEY INDUSTRIAL CONCERN, make and sell air defence systems so of cource thier integrated systems destroyed the Great Satan in his attack

ALso someone needs to call Will Smith and tell him that they ripped off the shield thing from ID4

[edit on 4/20/07 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Neat cartoon.

Like Fred said "propaganda film."

Roper

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Those anti-missile missiles that turn right out of the launch tube are funny haha

I wonder why all of the hardware was displayed in cgi only, no real video or images of the armament...

...and the "ALL-AROUND LOOKING RADAR", this replaced the "LOOKING ONLY IN ONE SPOT RADAR" (LOIS) in 1999, the LOIS was made obsolete by the more advanced radar because it looks in more than one spot

[edit on 20-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Those anti-missile missiles that turn right out of the launch tube are funny haha

I thought that was pretty funny too. They come out of the tube, stop for a microsecond then blaze off at an 90 degree angle. man those things can pull like 300G's

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
not to mention how US stealth planes, which are almost always the first deployed, could destroy most of these systems in a matter of hours.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, firstly those S-300PMUs are quite capable of doing what they have been shown to do.

Only thing is I don't think Iran has that many...

The Klub-S missiles that are supp to be on th Kilo class subs were not operational as far as I knew..
But then again, they could..

Who knows..

And I dont think they would be able to shoot down AWACS..
not like that..

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yea they would be history in a few sorties. If you think about the US and the soviet Union in the cold war, the soviets were spending gobs of money to keep up, and in some cases, to surpass our military capability. This was the huge empire that was the USSR. And at that, we would still be able to defeat the soviets systems. Iran-well, its kinda a pat on the back and some snickering on the side-job well done. Iran is no competition in a conventional sense. However if you take into account Iran using unconventional combat techniques, ambushes etc...different story...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Well, firstly those S-300PMUs are quite capable of doing what they have been shown to do.

In what way do you mean, the ABM role or the funny blast off sequence out the launch tube? The former I am quite skeptical of and in the absence of substantial and consistent data do not feel all that good about it. As for the 90 launch thing, well, it wont look like it did in the video but it will be similar. It will be faster and the missile will not stop in midair then turn, it will look something like this...(THAAD) Notice the sharp turns as it bleeds off energy to stay within range limits...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In the ABM role..

And that twist on launch is an exageration..
You can't havea a missile of that length doing such things..

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow great vid! Waay exagerrated of course but pretty neat nontheless. And it really does look like almaz-antey promoting their products. Makes me wonder if this (or smth like it) was actually shown to Iranian officials.. lol i can just see Mahmoud Ahmadinejad- SOLD!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Even better propaganda.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Perhaps I am going crazy, but was it just me, or were a few of them scenees out of computer games?

Pretty pethetic if you ask me...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Perhaps I am going crazy, but was it just me, or were a few of them scenees out of computer games?

Pretty pethetic if you ask me...

Yea some pie-in-the-sky stuff in my view.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just so you'll know, Irans defenses are not totally animated. They do have real weapons and as one of the worlds largest oil suppliers, plenty of money to buy them with. After all, it's not like they spending all their money on the country's wonderful infrastructure.

Now see if y0ou can spot any similarities between the weapons in the previous vids and sme of these...

These two vids should make RussianSoldier happy.

Greatlakes,

Yea they would be history in a few sorties.

The only problem with that is that most of their weapons seem to be mobile platforms. This makes it a little harder to target and destroy them.
I'm not taking up for the Iranians, but I don't think it's ever a good idea to underestimate an opponent.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sure they have some very advanced weapons. So did Iraq, problem (for them) is the US has more capability, scaling ability and variety of weapons to choose from for any particular target(s). I mean we don't even have to risk human lives to take out initial targets such as sam, radar and short-range missile sites. Cruise missile, UAV's can be deployed initially for this task.

The way I rank the relative military strengths is: US=Israel=UK=10, China=8+, Iran=6, IRAQ=5

just WAG's at the numbers mind you.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree we have them out gunned in every possible way. However, we already have quite a little ordeal going on in Iraq to deal with, and any military is weakened when fighting on multiple fronts. Also, if we keep pushing in the Middle East, I'm thinking a lot of these factions and some of the countries are going to unit against what they see as a common enemy. Russian and China have already warned that they will not be of any assistance if we move on Iran and I would take that to mean that they would support Iran in the usual ways (weapons, training, etc.).

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
With all the talk of the potential bombing of Iran i stumbled upon this vid in regard to their Air defence capabilities..

www.youtube.com...

Pretty cool vid. Obviously somewhat biased towards Iran's capabilities, however IF they do possess all this equipment, their airdefences seem more advanced than i thought. But i'm no expert.

I'd apreciate if people could point out the innacuracies, (if their are) to this vid..

Cheers!

Yeh but we got F-22's and its all russian, so i dont see a threat there.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks like Abdul got animation software for Christmas. Easier question is what's right with this picture?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Now, apart from all the other obvious falacies, how exactly is the S-300 expected to intercept an ICBM moving at Mach 25 in an almost perpendicular path to the ground?

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join