It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Agents in Schools - about time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
www.talkleft.com...

This is somewhat of an old storym but its about time schools took the initiative to control the rampant drug problem plaguing our country.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Apparently big brother is the answer yep.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
Apparently big brother is the answer yep.

Having a PI bust drug running kids is not in any way shape or form a Big Brother like action.

It's just a school clamping down on a drug problem and I don't see anything wrong with it.

In fact, more schools should take this approach, drugs are a big problem in schools, I know this personally, when I was at secondary school we had a massive drug problem and the culprits were never caught.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Drugs are not the problem. Its society thats forcing kids to do these things because they are either bored or depressed with the way the world works. Not every child wants to grow up to be a lawyer, CEO or some other douchebag.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Drugs are not the problem. Its society thats forcing kids to do these things because they are either bored or depressed with the way the world works. Not every child wants to grow up to be a lawyer, CEO or some other douchebag.

It's the parents and child's fault if said child is bored or depressed, not society.

As for the article itself, it is a good idea on the surface,however, when combined with the Zero Tolerance policy, I can see a lot of kids being severely punished for very minor rule/law violations.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by tebyen]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Its parents and drugs faulty dually. The parents dont teach the kids values, and our culture says its ok to do drugs. If the parents dont do the job the DEA will have to. And then the parents complain for "you cant arrest my kids" bull..

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

So your saying a person who is a CEO is a worse profession than a drug dealer?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ok so fine I will let your kids take drugs and OD on them and die. If you dont do your job someone else will have to.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

x08

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I thought they already had 'undercover students' in the states~

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well I graduated back in the late 80's. Where I went to high school at they had them in there. I knew one of them, even though I wasn't suppose to. I kept my mouth shut though.

My brother was so young looking still, when he became an officer, they used him in the schools for a very long time. This was in the early to mid 90's

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
And people that try to make sure that our younglings don’t get high is a bad thing how?
Kids shouldn’t do drugs; I would think that this is fairly obvious to anyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think that deep down we know this is much more than drugs. I am sure drugs are the excuse given to start a precident that will lead to God knows where. In order to bring about a complete police state the children must be programed at the earliest age possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you read the first comment after the article, the person says, yeah that's all we need, kids getting use to being watched at an early age. Eg. Big Brother.

I think it's just one more way to control the masses. I think drugs are a bad idea, but I think the so called war on drugs is an even worst idea. Something in the society is causing kids to want to take drugs, why don't we examine that more, and find out why this phenomenon goes all the way up the line.

I just don't think that narcs in school, busting kids for weed possesion is going to get the world anywhere. They will have records, and other issues because of this.

In the article none of them were hard drug kids, and giving them a record probably does not solve this problem in the long run. We need to find a way to address the need for drugs.

10 years ago, people would have laughed at a smoke free hotels, resturants, and workplaces, but societal changes can happen, you just have to go about them in the right ways.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
yeah that's all we need, kids getting use to being watched at an early age. Eg. Big Brother.

If you consider “Big Brother” parents yeah, when I have kid’s I intend to watch them.

I think it's just one more way to control the masses. I think drugs are a bad idea, but I think the so called war on drugs is an even worst idea.

It’s to control teenagers doing drugs, how can you be against that. I’m totally for the legalization of drugs, but teens should not be allowed to do them, and if it takes “snitches” to combat teens doing drugs then I’m fine with that.

I just don't think that narcs in school, busting kids for weed possesion is going to get the world anywhere.

How about getting the teens somewhere?

In the article none of them were hard drug

For a teen any intoxicant is vary bad. A teen’s brain is still forming and any intoxicant can interfere with that process.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Anyone who has ever been close to a drug-user/alcoholic or has worked with them, knows that force doesn't work, ever. The user will always find a way around said force. If it were that simple, and force worked, we would have little to no drug users in the U.S.

THe laws against drugs don't make sense anyway and are not classified according to how dangerous they are, they're classified according to what is political expediency.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this is just going to get kids to do worse things. a child is validated when they see their actions have real repercussions. having a cop walking around the school is just gonna make it seem cooler if you can get away.

i'm also not sure if this is about drugs or about controlling the kids more. i'm a substitute teacher at a high school and the kids aren't allowed to do ANYTHING.

they say it's for the best, i say it's gonna have some serious negative consequences. but i'm just a lowly sub so why would they listen to me?

you also gotta figure what they mean by drugs. are they looking for kids who are selling coke and heroin, or are they just looking for a kid who has a couple joints? to some of you that might not seem like a difference because they're all "illegal drugs" but there is a HUGE difference. and don't pull that "gateway" BS, I've been smoking pot for years and have never even tried any "hard drugs," as is the case with most kids.

all i'm saying is that this is the absolute worst approach they could take. gain the trust of the students so that they'll listen to you, don't just throw a cop in there because it will piss them off(and make them think that the administrators have no control without a police presence)

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Don't be fooled. Children are taking drugs because it is the intent of the FDA and pharmaceutical companies to get them on drugs and keep them there. That's how they make their money.

First, the media is pushing drug use as acceptable. Haven't you noticed all of the massive amount of TV commercials pushing drugs directly to consumers.

ADHD is a fictitious disease created to get children on drugs at an early age. The only reason kids have hyperactivity or attention-related issues is because of the chemicals that are in the food they eat. Clean up the diet and the problem goes away. Schools get awarded more funds based on the number of children they have on medication. So of course they are going to push drugs on the kids for their own benefit.

There is no difference between illegal drugs and prescription drugs. The truth is that prescription drugs kill more Americans each year than all the crack, meth, and heroin deaths combined.

Here are some portions of the NewsTarget article: "The raw (and ugly) truth about the war on drugs":

Here's the raw, blunt truth about the war on drugs. Drugs are declared legal or illegal based primarily on who benefits from their manufacture, distribution and sale.

Let me put this another way. You know why cigarettes are still legal? Consider this: here's a product that admittedly kills people. It has no health benefit whatsoever. It is a threat to the public health. Yet why does it remain legal? Because states get a cut of cigarette sales thanks to the Big Tobacco settlement a few years back. Keeping cigarettes legal results in desperately-needed revenues for states... revenues that are almost never spent on anti-smoking campaigns, by the way.

It's a classic racket: tobacco is allowed to remain legal because powerful institutions get a cut of the action. While people die from lung cancer, states get financial resuscitation by taking a cut of every sale. States are trading your health for their revenues.

Source: The raw (and ugly) truth about the war on drugs

Society needs to wake up and really understand that our entire society is being completely manipulated and we're just letting it happen. We're blaming everyone else and not the real culprits here - the FDA, the Food Industry and the Pharmaceutical Industry.

There are massive amounts of chemicals in every food that we eat, the water that we drink, and the products that we use every day. This is exactly what causes the illnesses (physical and mental) that force people to start taking synthetic drugs. And these synthetic drugs are causing even more damage. (Note that marijuana is not a synthetic drug and it's not addictive and it doesn't kill people).

This is a huge scam that is being perpetrated on the American people and instead of doing something about it, they're just bickering about whose fault it is. So while you're busy placing blame on the wrong people, we're still getting sicker and the pharma, food and medical industries are getting richer and more powerful.

Here are some articles that will explain the truth. Don't just look at the titles here... go read them. It's time to wake up and see what's been going on right under your noses for the last 100 years.

Start Here:

This 5-page summary of the "Slippery Slope Index" details how the introduction of synthetic chemicals has directly affected the increase of illness and disease over the last 100 years.
The Hundred Year Lie

The Skin Deep Cosmetics Database created by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) lists thousands of personal care products and their toxicity levels. The FDA doesn't require companies to test their own products for safety. You will be shocked at how toxic the products you use everyday really are.
Skin Deep Cosmetics Database

Food manufacturers purposely deceive consumers by hiding dangerous ingredients right on the label

Everyday groceries contain ingredients that cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis and other chronic diseases

Bacon, sausage, hot dogs and processed meats hike cancer risk by 67% due to chemical preservative, says nutritionist

Pharmaceutical television advertising is a grand hoax

Neurologist Dr. Fred Baughman talks about the fraud of ADHD and the poisoning of U.S. children

The FDA Exposed: An Interview With Dr. David Graham, the Vioxx Whistleblower

Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"

Americans fed up with drug industry influence, FDA corruption, reveals remarkable Consumer Reports survey

The "Race for the Cure" scam exposed: The cancer industry's guilt-powered shakedown of a gullible public

Cancer Industry Spreads Fear and Disinformation To Scare People Away From Learning About Alternative Treatments for Cancer on the Internet

Run for the cure races are a scheme to raise money for pharmaceutical companies, says nutritionist

There are hundreds more articles on the NewsTarget website that exposes the FDA, Food and Pharmaceutical Industries. I recommend signing up for the newsletter. This is a very informative website that will help you change your life and protect your family's health.

NewsTarget

SR

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Woo talk about blantent smoke and mirror tactics let's target the bottom feeders instead of the people at the top so everybody thinks we're doing a good job
How about putting more agents into drug cartels and dealing gangs and actually stop the drugs from getting to the kids. Oh wait cause that would make too much sense? or would it expose the level of corruption in officals and agencies such as the CIA. If anything this going to make the kids alot more smarter dealers at an earlier age. Which is probably the desired outcome if you believe drugs are a global policy that has been enforced to pay for certain things.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
it's all bogus...there are so many "illegal" drugs that have less than half of the harmful side effects of most of the prescription drugs you can get today. marijuana, mushrooms, peyote, etc. are all born of the earth and have virtually no harmful side effects if taken in moderation. this argument is a slippery slope, however, since one could say that opium, heroin, and coc aine are OK because they also come from the earth, even though they have been proven to be hazardous to your health

either way, you can't do illegal drugs, but you can OD on Xanax, percocet, vicodin, OCs, and whatever else the pharm. corporations and government can make a lot of money off of(all of the man-made chemicals, go figure..."YOU CAN'T DO THESE DRUGS, BUT WE'LL GIVE YOU ALL THESE DANGEROUS ONES THAT WE MADE!")

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Sacreligion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join