It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What a great story!!

Of my two cats, Lindsey Peabody's the one that would most likely do that. Piper doesn't like going out of the house... the wind blows his big ol' delicate ears around. Siamese are such snobs and drama queens.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
I had a cat once who loved to go out. One time he disappeared for about a month. I gave him up for lost, but then he comes home one day, all suave like, covered with bright red lipstick kisses and reeking of cheap perfume. Honestly it really did happen. He never did tell me the story behind all of that.

Funny. I don't like dogs too much, but cats, man, they are interesting animals even just to watch them. My sister's cat Buddha, which i have trained, gets in the car with me, and will follow me anywhere I go. Sometimes when he is in the car, he gets on my lap, and puts his front feet on the steering wheel as if he is driving.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is a great post. Nice find. I am really getting a charge out of this story. I hope the cat gets its fill of fish and chips too.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
To the OP good story
I still like reading "fluff" pieces like this.

Shiloh was a neighbor's barn cat when I rented a house on 150 farm. Shiloh took to me right away despite distrusting people in general and I would reward him from time to time with a handfull of cat food that I "magically" produced from my hand. And always he would pay tribute by bringing me a "gift" later in the day to pay for the food.

One day I noticed that I hadn't seen Shiloh in a long time and I feared the worst that his time had come. But I did keep an extra eye out for him just in case. Then one morning about 2 weeks later I saw him crossing the old barnyard and in excitement I cupped up about a bowlfull in both hands and dashed out to call him over. And after he ate and got some extra kitty lovings I told him to go out and bring me back a deer.

Shiloh was gone the rest of the day and thinking nothing more of it I invited my cousin over to dinner that night and we sat out on the back porch talking and enjoying the last hour before sunset. That's when Don noticed Shiloh slowly and deliberately towards us a few steps at a time resting and then a few more steps. He looked hurt or something and his for looked strange. We walked over to him to help and that silly cat had caught a rabbit that was bigger than himself and was bringing it to me injured but still alive. In the three years that I lived there, I never saw a rabbit anywhere on those 150 acres other than the one Shiloh had brought to me as a "deer."

Just further proof when someone is going on about dumb animals they really just like talking about themselves too much.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a black cat named Merlin. I love how cats have their own sense of things, and their own personality.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One of the things that really intrigue me about cats is their uncanny ability to "see" things around them that we mere humans can not. I have noticed this with all of the many cats that I have owned over the years; you'll be sitting there in your living room quietly reading the newspaper when you hear your cat start to "meaow"and you find they are staring at a place in space a foot or more above their heads and "talking" to someone/something that you can not see but somehow sense is in the room with you. My grandmother used to describe it as "seeing martians"; maybe she wasn't too far off track about that.

[edit on 4/11/2007 by Stormrider]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
he he after reading the story's on this thread i am reminded of what my grandfather said a long long time ago.... it went some thing like this....

"women and cats rule the world and do as they wish....... men and dogs merely follow them around doing their biding"

not sure abt women ruling the world but cats hell ya

hehehehe
/me runs from all the angry ATS girls/women

cheers
nash

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
wow that is amazing. maybe he was a person in a past life that took that route everyday and because of some kind of quantum anomaly his consciousness manifested in the same timeline haha

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I love reading things like this. I adore cats.

We had a cat when I was little that would disappear for a week at a time. My father would hear stories from friends in distant neighborhoods all over town that they had seen her being fed or petted by strangers there. She would find her way home each week with her belly a little fuller than the previous lol.

I also had a cat that could use the toilet, but that's off topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Aw the poor kitty looks so scared on the bus. I bet he just wanted to be left alone, and now people are poking and prodding and snaping pics.

Damn smart cat though, I want to adopt him!

I have an orange cat named Henery!

Hes incredibly smart.. he has a favorite toy, a stick with little frilly things on the end, hides it in odd places.. when he wants to play he meows at me, I say "get your toy!" and he will run, find where ever he hides it and comes back with it.

I have also trained him to steal my g.f's hair ties and hide them under the bed. Infuriates her. I love it

I can also only buy the "blue bag" Purina cat food ... any other color bag and he lets me have it as soon as im in the door. He knows it means diet time.

And I have never had a cat like people so much, he will even climb on the pizza guy.

Cats are far smarter then dogs imo, dogs do what you tell them to do, and act inteligent only on orders, a cat however acts inteligent on their own accord.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I loved this news about the beautiful white cat with two different color eyes.

How smart the cat is. Looks like he decided to ride instead of walk those beautiful paws to where he wanted to go.

I wonder does he ride a bus back home or walk?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks for brightening my day with these stories.

My cat Heidi is an oldie and unfortunately has been voted the ugliest cat on the planet by my friends . (Yes, even I'll admit now). I have to laugh at how photos of her turn out. Her eyes glow green and being fugly, she looks pretty scary.lol:

I have a classic photo of her and my son who is wearing a Fear factory t-shirt with her on his lap and green glowing eyes. Freaky!!!!

But this white kitty kat sounds very clever. A cat that catches public transport.!
Who'd have thought!!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hahaha great post!

Whenever my cat goes out he gets too hungry and comes back after a while... he has the hunting instinct of a rock, he couldn't catch something to eat even if he tried to.

I love big, lazy fat-cats that get spoiled rotten!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
How incredibly clever and cute! Let's hope they don't kick it off the bus for health complaints or not being able to pay it's own way.
Love the two different colour eyes.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure cats are really smarter then dogs IQ-wise. I just find dogs are too.. erm... 'slavish' for my taste.
Cats have a will of their own, if they don't want to do something, you can go stand on your head all you want... they just won't do it.

Forgot to mention in my last comment.
One of my cat's also plays fetch, bringing me her mousy, have me throw it and bringing it back again

And neglected to mention Louise, (rip sniff..) One of the pet rats I had a couple of years back.
She loved to go with me into town sitting on my shoulder
and despite that they are naturally incontinent she would let me know when nature was calling so I could put her somewhere where she could poo/pee.

I have to say though she was the only rat I had which had so much personality.
She also loved to cuddle, putting her cheek to my cheek and such.. such a sweet little critter... Hope she's having a blast in rat heaven, she deserves it.

imho life wouldn't be worth it without my furry friends lol

Read another news item a week or so ago posted here in holland, a woman was choking on a piece of food when her dog knocked her over on the floor and jumped on top of her untill the food came loose, and started to lick her face after. She probably wouldn't have survived it without the dog, as there was noone else around to help her and she was panicking.

[edit on 12/4/2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What's going on here?

For those who missed it, there's also the shopping pet penguin.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
What's going on here?

For those who missed it, there's also the shopping pet penguin.

oooooooooooooooooo he's sweet
and being bipedal makes me think

This thread is the best
keep the comments coming I'm having a blast

Originally posted by fooffstarr
he has the hunting instinct of a rock

That made me laugh so hard it hurts

[edit on 12/4/2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I loved the pinguin video. Man that was so awesome. I just showed my son. He loved it. I will show my husband when he get's up.

Animals they are so intelligent. More than what we give them credit for anyways.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Animals they are so intelligent. More than what we give them credit for anyways.

Ah, if only we could get them to work for the post office...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just adore stories like this. Yes, it is nice to see something other then Doom and Gloom. I have three cats myself, and my parents use to breed Siamese cats so I've been around them all my life. Cats are smarter then most people think. I am very close to my cats and in tune with them. I sometimes look at them and think "If they could just talk" I bet they would blow our minds away with what they really know.

Here is a great video to show you that cats just might have the ability to speak so that we can understand them. It is more likely the sound they make is familiar to us. Just to cute.

I know to add the youtube video number within the bbc code, but when I preview the post it says malformed url for the youtube video so just in case here is the URL. I guess the only way to know for sure is to post.

Talking Cat Video

[edit on 12-4-2007 by MicheleLee]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join