It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thanks Michelle, that's hilarious! It also shows just how smart and intuitive cats really are. I had to send the link to the video to several of my cat loving friends. Thanks again, you made my day with that one!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thank you for this story, really made me happy but sad too...

my cat went on a journey once and didn't make it out...

.... if only Sooty had caught the bus

lol

i43.photobucket.com...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
LOL, awsome story! I have 2 cats myself and one is a real trouble maker lol, he is a unfixed male cat and the little devil broke into my neighbors house and started a fight with his cats lol! I had to replace the screen my cat clawed through and a few weeks after that he got busted by the kitty police and I had to bail em out of jail. My cat is currently serving 10 months of parole lol!
Here is a pic of Garak the terror!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Great Story!

I have a Cat and a Dog at home - and I must admit I am a more Cat then a Dog lover. Cats are so mysterious creatures and they never cease to amaze me. I mean, Dogs are cool and everything; but Cats certainly are more interesting to watch, if you know what I mean!

Anyway, this story reminds me of a similar situation somewhere in Italy (i think in Rome), when a Dog walked across entire city (and I think he also went on a bus), because the family fell apart, and parents separated and I think Mom took the Dog, but he went to visit Dad across town just to see him.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
About the talking, did you know cat's in the wild don't miauw? domesticated cat's 'developed' miauwing to communicate with us. - Animal Planet

Anyway I know what my cats want depending on how they miauw at me lol... guess i'm a well trained pet to them

"you don't own cats.... cats own you"

For people who like photographs, I have some artsy photographs online of Luna, when she was still a kitten.
dschaeffer.deviantart.com... enjoy

Two pics of Sjakie too, my previous cat, stayed at mom's when I moved out. He's the one I said who goes along to the store and for strolls

NJE777, could you adjust the size of the washing machine pic? which is cute btw

[edit on 12/4/2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Every once in a while a cute story like this comes along
I know one thing, I'd hate to be on that bus on my way to work in a pair of black slacks, and have that cute kitty jump in my lap.

I hate cat hair on my black slack.... dog hair too

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
About the talking, did you know cat's in the wild don't miauw? domesticated cat's 'developed' miauwing to communicate with us. - Animal Planet

I was not aware of that!

My Cat is miawuing like crazy - like She wants to talk to me!

"you don't own cats.... cats own you"

Very True.

Also;

"Cats were once worshiped like Gods. They have never forgotten this."

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I hadn't heard that about the reason a cat meows.......

We found a kitten that her mother had abandoned, so she 'grew up' on the back porch with tree frogs and backyard songbirds for company.......she didn't know she was a cat, and didn't meow.....but she chirped and cooed with the best of the backyard chorus!!

A friend of mine had a cat that would jump up and lift the door knocker when he wanted in.......it's amazing what they can learn.

I hope this kitty's owner shows up and explains this unusual 'trick'.......but he might not even suspect his cat leads a 'secret' life.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Adorable, adorable, adorable! Thanks, Nash

Originally posted by forestlady
... he comes home one day, all suave like, covered with bright red lipstick kisses and reeking of cheap perfume.

This brings back memories of my younger sister and I putting doll clothes on any neighborhood cat who wandered into the yard. We'ld place him in our doll buggy and stick a doll bottle of milk in his mouth. Other times we would put lipstick and perfume on the poor cats.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OMG desert....me and my sister used to do that too. We even put mom's bobby pin and pinned their ears together in an up Do

That was back when kids really knew how to play

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this since I saw this story. Sure the cat is clever, but anyone else think that this is one lazy cat. Taking a bus ride, just to get off at the next stop.
sheesh!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's so cute, all those kitties - but the bus riding kitty is in fact one of those aliens featured on Men in Black with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith - So funny she gets off at the fish and chips shop.

DYK, that all cats descend from the tiger and the Chinese regard the tiger as the true king of the jungle. 2012 is the next year of the tiger.

In ancient times, they'd infanticide their females born in the year of the tiger.
Women born in the year of the tiger weren't considered proper to their subservient roles.

I had a Siamese a number of years ago. One time it somehow got onto the roof of a house. No amount of coaxing would bring her down. So up the tree I went, as soon as I was poised on the end of a precarious and too thin limb - she jumped to safety.

She did it on purpose. Mad about the meals or something, sure of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I've been thinking about this since I saw this story. Sure the cat is clever, but anyone else think that this is one lazy cat. Taking a bus ride, just to get off at the next stop.
sheesh!

that kind of lazyness just proves intelligence

About the cats as gods.. actually goddess, she's called Bastet.
And as for opening doors.. all the cats I know do that
smart little critters

*goes afk to give cat a hug*

Anyone know stories about 'higher' animals owning their own pets?
The female gorilla with cats springs to mind (seen on animal planet).
Also read not too long ago (on a dutch site) that there's a swan in a chinese zoo that feeds 'her' fish and plays with them.

[edit on 14/4/2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
[deleted]double post caused by NoScript, sorry[/deleted]

[edit on 14/4/2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Absolutely cats are capable of some VERY intelligent thought.

My cat Chaos opens doors, and will bring you the toy he wants to play with at the time.

To open the door, he needs something to stand on of course, but it's awesome to watch him put his paws up on the handle and pull, then push the door open.

He also has an obsession with stealing beer. No kidding. If you're drinking a beer, he will wait till you're not looking, tip it over with one paw, support it with the other, and start lapping it up. I don't like him drinking beer, I don't know how it will mess with his organs, but he sure persists.

My girlfriend thinks it's absolutely awesome. I should record it some time to show everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Meeeeeoooooooooow
thats great.
My 3 cats are my best friends, and to anyone who has an allergy to cats.....
so did I, but my love for the little critters got the better of me and I suffered for a while and overcame this problem.

now I'm fine and wouldn't be without them!

DUKE, PRINCESS & SQUIDGE

MAGICAL

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
what a great story. cats are pretty intelligent. I seen a video on here that showed cats talking saying mama, and I love you pretty amazing cats. Love the story

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hehe... That penguin video was really cute. I am not a cat person, but it sure looked like a smart cat, too. But both of them better be careful they don't get run over by a car and become filler meat in your next hot dog.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
wow, that's funny. Made my night...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

There's another silly animal story, I love the idea of the bird always stealing the same thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join