It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a male feminist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
According to my sociology teacher (a female feminist) its not possible for a man to be a feminist.
He can be a masculinist or an egalitarian, but not a feminist.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've been saying equalist this whole time. I must sound like a retard. Thanks Jack.

Egalitarian. I knew there was a word for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
lol I had to check Wikipedia before posting it up. I though it should have been egalitarist or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
egalitarian,

That's a good word.

Main Entry: fem·i·nism
Pronunciation: 'fe-m&-"ni-z&m
Function: noun
1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I thought I'd put a definition of masculism as well. Thought it only fair an egalitarian of me.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

. And GPS 777 take particular note of this case I am describing for its sexism, Racism, and male disposability and expendability by governments. I am sure this was going on down under long before it hit the news by the very femmine attributes of the government you have down there. It is however about time it hit the news here for what it is.

G`day OT good to see you on the boards as well my friend.

Yes this type of thing happens here as well,we get a lot of it also through watching American programs.Though certainly not exclusive to.

One for instance the show "Cops" countless times I`ve seen a women who when by herself is treated as roughly as a man can be by the authorities (i.e,being man handled) yet when she is with her male partner even when she caused the disturbance or whatever the man takes the fall for it and is branded the problem.

What I`ll try and describe isn`t what I`m referring to above,but is the main problems that exist.

On the show "Cops" police were called to a domestic dispute,a male officer and a female officer attended the call from the woman.

When they arrived they were let in to the couples home (a nice home and well kept) much to the surprise of the husband who was obviously confused as to why they were even there because his wife rang them in private from the bedroom, the wife was white the husband African American who had not been long married and had a small child approx 6 months old,they were sitting on their couch watching a TV show which showed a scene of homosexuality,the man being a Christian said to his wife if his child was to show these tendencies he/she would be chastised.

She took great offense to this and an attack towards her and the child and they had an argument about it,where she went upstairs to ring the police he thought she was going to lay down for awhile.

The female police officer took her aside and the only way I could describe it is she lead the wife into making the decision to take the child then and there and leave for her and the childs safety and when she had convinced her to do so added this is what usually happens and the courts will be in favor of her taking the child as well.The female officer had a quick chat to the male officer and as practiced he took the husband aside for a chat to distract him from seeing his wife gather her and the childs things for a get away into the police car.

When the husband finally was told what was happening and that it was his wifes decision to do this,he was so confused and saddened by all of this and only asked to kiss his child good bye.Probably unaware that he was just made another statistic of men who are made into credit card with no say in the upbring of his child and reduced to limited visitation rights,if any depending on how the mother wants to play it.

This small part of the show was only about ten minutes long and must have been seen as a gold mine to have male vs female, black vs white Christian vs homosexuality/Christian vs family etc to those who generate these problems while the laws enforce them or at least allow them as much opportunity to affect as many as possible.

But as for example (only and imo) of America`s gun problems,the amount of illegal guns and trafficking would make it extremely dangerous to remove the need of gun ownership from law abiding citizens meaning the problem is so out of hand as like the rights for families have gone by the way side for so long, we now have/had way too many children grow up fatherless which adds to the ever increasing problem of children see this as the norm.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

According to my sociology teacher (a female feminist) its not possible for a man to be a feminist.

Cant be a feminist?? is that sexism?? Is that discrimination...??

CAn you be a feminist if you are tansgendered or whatever is the rage today or do you get discriminated against by default??

Let me see can I throw in any other weird deviations to get it to pass for normal and acceptable like so much weirdness does today. Can I get a Amen!!??

As far as I am concerned feminism has shot itself in the foot. Big time.
However ..be ready for it to rear its head with elections coming around in 08. It will be a necessary tool to galvanize a predictable ,controllable, malliable, gauranteed, voting block. You just have to stroke them properly/emotionally at the right point and time before the election. It will be the same with the other "usual suspects " in the victimization technique for votes. Race issues. You can see it coming if you can think further than the LA Lakers. This type of political stroking is necssary partucularly in high electorial vote states...to gaurantee the manner in which people will vote.

This was obvious by how many of the feminist groups came to the support of that woman who drowned here five children in Texas as I recall. This outraged alot of women but it is not a view one hears much on the media. Five children is a bit much to justify Victimization...but they managed to pull it off. Get ready for the next round in this...its coming...somewhere soon.

In certain arenas ..feminism has done to itself what the race baiters did in the Duke University Rape case. Cried wolf one to many times and from the Usual Suspects doing the cry wolf.

Hey..while I am thinking about it...did I throw the fourth gulity stereotyping symptom in the Duke University Rape case...racial economics.

They were by default guilty automatically ..they are rich white kids.

LOL LOL ..public education at work!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
These heels are killing me!!!!

A bit incongruent for the resident fascist sporting suggestive anime to be a feminist but wish more men were

So in order of today's feminism - As Roseanne once said:

Suck my dick

Just kidding.......Really - it's a joke and she said it first.

Professor Henry Higgins laments - Why can't a woman be more like a man?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think I should elaborate. For whatever reason, I have an ingrown major pet peeve for sexism against women. I don't know why, I can't stand it. Its one of the major things that just ticks me off.

I just...feel that way.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater

Originally posted by Lysergic
These heels are killing me!!!!

A bit incongruent for the resident fascist sporting suggestive anime

Its just two girls kissing, its not overtly sexual, skin isn't exposed, its tasteful. And I think its an adorable picture. =P

Its also just my way of ticking off the ignorant anti-homosexual people on this forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I think I should elaborate. For whatever reason, I have an ingrown major pet peeve for sexism against women. I don't know why, I can't stand it. Its one of the major things that just ticks me off.

I just...feel that way.

How does sexism against men make you feel? Is it acceptable? Or just more acceptable than against women?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by Kacen

I just...feel that way.

How does sexism against men make you feel? Is it acceptable? Or just more acceptable than against women?

I think sexism in general is wrong; I believe both sexes should be treated the same. But in all honesty, for reasons unknown, sexism against women strikes more of a chord with me...it just does.

Hell its kinda the same way with me and racism. If I hear a black person call a white person a cracker, I don't care, but I'm in utter shock if a white person says the N-Word to a black person. And I'm 100% white. Its just...how I feel. I can't help it, you know?

[edit on 4/22/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm a straight guy. I'm secure in my hetrosexuality. I think I may understand what Kacen is trying to say. I appreciate women to the degree that I could tout myself as a feminist. I have no problem with that, nothing radical about it. Yet, I am considerably masculine and could tout myself as masculinist also. Do I need to side with one or the other? No. Does it have anything to do with sexuality? No. Why not call myself an egalitarian then? Because men and women will always be different. One cannot pretend they are the same. That would defy the point of appreciating gender.

Thanks,
SteveR

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Maybe it's time to coin a new word. How about "meminist"?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Because men and women will always be different. One cannot pretend they are the same. That would defy the point of appreciating gender.

To be perfectly honest, I think the only reason men and women tend to be different on a mental level is how people are raised. Even in modern society women and men are in general raised slightly different, plus people tend to conform to stereotypes because they view acting that way as acceptable for their gender (or race). It has nothing to do with the fact that they are predisposed to do it, its just people conforming to stereotypes like I said. Its almost subconscious. Also this is kinda hard for me to explain so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

[edit on 4/29/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If men and women were subjected to zero conditioning and stereotypes as you say, do you think then they would be completely identicle on a mental level?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well that would be a hard thing to really test, being that people are different regardless of gender. I'm just saying gender at its core doesn't really have anything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If gender has nothing to do with it, what exactly makes you feminist?

Just a little confused...

Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Because there are still places in this world that treat women more lowly than men and give them less rights. And there are people in this world who still believe in set "Gender roles", if you know what I mean. They believe in simply making women always do this and men always do this because of just whats between their legs, to put it simply.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Gotcha now. You are aggravated when people treat others differently based on gender. You feel that gender is not relevant to anything. I understand that far. The confusing part (for me) is when you call these beliefs feminist. I guess I envisioned feminism differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join