It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% sure Hostile Aliens dont exist.(or if they do they most certainly dont have interstellar travel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
and if any alien race was gonna invade and /or destroy us ...wouldnt you think they'd have done it by now ???? lol

anyhow - im going to bed im tired and have to get up early for work

Speculate and argue all u want , thats what this thread was meant for good luck and good night

-Peace

-Mayan

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Again, I would say, as a general rule, you are probably correct.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
To say an alien species wouldn't be hostile isn't exactly an accurate statement. It all depends on the lifeforms nature and the other lifeforms it evolved around. The reason humans are so warlike is because we had to be. There are so many different cultures, languages, skin tones, mindsets, and agenda's that it was expected for us to clash. And the reason for that is because when we migrated out of africa, we basically went and formed our own little worlds in the varries regions of the earth we occupied. So whenever a group of humans would discover another group of humans, the fact that they would have so many diffrences would almost garentee that thier would be conflict. So basically, the reason we humans are so warlike is because we still can't get past our varries diffrences. Weither it be cultural,racial,etc.

Now the possibility of ETs being hostile is just as good as them not being hostile. It all depends on the cirumstances in which they developed.

For example, lets say an Alien species evolved on an isolated island and they where the only kind of thier species. Also, all of the other lifeforms on there planet where much more primitive than them(like on our planet). Aliens like this would have no reason to be warlike because they never had to clash with another organism. They would all have the same language,culture, and physical chareteristics. So they would most likely evolve into peaceful beings.

Now lets say there's ETs out thier who had the same situation as us. Where there were multiple species of the same dominant organism. They would most likely go down the same warlike path as us. But you can't even speculate on if they would stay warlike because we haven' ventured out into space yet, so who knows how they would eventually turn out.

Anyway just my two cents

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Mayan,
If your logic will not allow you to be resonable, well thats up to you. Why the need to convince others that YOUR opinion should be heeded? (Did i use heeded right? lol)
You seem frustrated as well (my opinion). AND you come across as a pushy agitated used car salesman (my opinion).

All of your conclusions are based on a presumption that most alien civilizations operate according to "earth human" civilizations. How logical is that? Not vary, I'm afraid.

What is good and evil? Is it universal? I hope so but i doubt it very much. What is Space/time perception? Is there only one? What is logic? Logic can restrain oneself from learning new things if given TO MUCH focus.

Take it easy my friend.

[edit on 4/9/07 by projectionist]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
We Americans are the most technologically advanced civilization known and we certainly haven't done any of those things.

No you Americans ARE NOT!!! the most technologically advanced "supposed civlization" on the planet.
Germany is far ahed of America on automotive technology and aeronautical tech as wel and the European Space agency is far superior to NASA.
Also my quaint little country Australia happens to be far ahed of every other nation in world in the field of Medical technology.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ok, I'm ok about the non-hostile aliens.

The problem is : why should they be peaceful if they are able to travel using inter-stellar technology and all that stuff?

Maybe the race that will show up someday will be a race led by totalitarism, in which no # happens, but in which nothing good happens too. Maybe this people will have traded their liberties in exchange of a law-and-order state. Maybe they don't give a # about these so human concepts, and will make us discover things we can't even imagine.

Let's wait and see. In 2012 or another year

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozvulcan
Also my quaint little country Australia happens to be far ahed of every other nation in world in the field of Medical technology.

Give it enough time and Howard or Rudd will be boosting the AUS.mil budget to the detriment of basic health care and education.

We're not far off being the 51st state of the USA as it is, mate.

An educated person might ask Mayan how he managed to calculate a 98% probability for his original statement? I'm always interested to see how people murder basic probability concepts, especially with regard to subjective odds that support the initial thread title.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
One thing no-one seems to think about is that any (most)space fairing races will have their own space going warships to protect and help their pepole.

I believe we would but then all we can go on is our own physc, as we can not really know how an alien thinks. What would seem normal to them could be seem as an hostile act to us.

But judgeing from the amount of 'different ' nationalities we have on this little mub ball that we call home, then I think it would be reasonable to asume that there are war fairing aliens out there but don't think we are worth the bother or there might be some treaty amoung them thast say leave all fledgling races alone or else.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
Hi, guys

im starting this thread to help tone things down on alot of threads ive seen about "oooo invaders,oooo hostile aliens,destroying earth" etc etc etc

Well i want to make a few things clear.

Of course these r my opinions and u dont have to read them. but i ask for no flames or nasty , snide remarks. thank you

Ok....so the question ive heard alot "are aliens hostile? would they make slaves of us? would they destroy earth" and so on.

Well i think Not. and i will tell you why

Because ANY race of aliens life that has lived long enough to achieve Interstellar Travel would have LONG since abandoned Wars,Terror,Poverty,and Crime. maybe even so that religions dont exist (since religion is the 90% cause of most wars today)

and i think the idea of a race of beings that has come millions of light years just to cause a war is pretty absurd.

Humanity believe it or not HAS been on the virge of destroying itself quite a few times,because of wars,nuclear bombs etc(Cold War...if that would have happened ...i mean if USA and Russia would have sent nukes at each other there would be no life on earth right now)

Pls feel free to comment my opinions and ideas.

Nuthin But Peace -Mayan

Any aliens will mostly be capable of violent hostile actions. That doesn't mean they would want to enslave humans or invade the earth. That doesn't mean they would be Space Nazis either. Being capable of violence is a natural survival ability.

If they are anything like Us, emotional creatures. They'll still fight each other, terrorize each other, and ignore their own laws. That will also make them compassionate or hateful even towards species not of their own kind.

If their like Reptiles, they'll be more efficient and act violent only when necessary. That would also make them seem cold and indifferent to us.

Religion? The crap in the Middle East is more than just religion. Religion is just the excuse. Its in our nature to act like that and religion has been one of the best ways to excuse that behavior. Communism has done a good job at excusing the behavior as well. Thats just who we are. The Romans and Vikings didn't need religion to excuse them. The Mongols didn't need religion to excuse them. After the Rise of Monotheism the only way hyperviolence seems to have been justified is by Faith. Prior to that it was just Understood that we act like that. In modern times we have Ideologies like Communism and Fascism to Justify our behavior by.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I don't support American military imperialism but this old moral high-horse treatment by non-Americans is getting pretty old. If any other country were anywhere near as powerful as America is now they'd be raping the world, too.

That is one of the most true statements I have read on here. Its in human nature to act the way we do.

[edit on 9/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Haha we're not the center of the universe you know. Just because we haven't been attacked it doesn't mean that there can't be any hostile aliens out there!

Have a look at this thread, I found it quite interesting.

We are less than a pixel on some of those pictures, think about it. Aliens would have to actually notice us and then decide that we were worth randomly attacking first. I'm sure they've got more important things to deal with tbh.

Because ANY race of aliens life that has lived long enough to achieve Interstellar Travel would have LONG since abandoned Wars,Terror,Poverty,and Crime. maybe even so that religions dont exist (since religion is the 90% cause of most wars today)

These are human inventions, who says that they even had these things on their home planet in the first place? Remember, society on another planet wouldn't be based on human society. Hell, they might have even had peace and functioning societies within their own society for the whole time that they've existed! The envy!

And also the resources are obviously going to be far different on other planets than on ours, meaning that technology could have developed faster and in different ways.

But think about how large the universe is, there's bound to be a solar system out there somewhere where a few planets are inhabited and have decided that they don't like each other for one reason or another.

[edit on 9/4/2007 by malganis]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a couple of points:

killing is a short and unsatisfying affair, true evil wouldn't outright destroy life it would pervert it. just stating the obvious, although i doubt people in space would waste their time the same way we do

war does not lead to destruction as long as you win and maintain internal coherence. this is why conspiracies that last are so dangrous and why a ruthless group (or even civilisation in the case of star travellers) could inflict immense damage without falling victim to internal struggles, simply as long as their internal conduct is honest and just, while maintainging relative superiority over your potential victims / prey. side note: racism is probably universally opposed just because it could lead to just that kind of unity, which f-ex. Nazi Germany used. make no mistake, though, the powers that be are using just that mechanism to maintain their edge over the rest of us. if the illuminati tale has any significance, family lineage and tribal structures are a plausible foundation.

the cause of war does not need to be a misunderstanding, it's imho treacherous to assume the world is perfect and any conflict can be solved with words and understanding alone. f-ex. if one civilisation found out that the other was about to develop in ways which would make them comparably unstoppable, the only immediate options would be to either live with lopsided odds and depend on the other's goodwill or catch up asap. or go to war and destroy the opponent in a surprise attack.

given that scenario, all participants need to realise that warfare potentially holds the key to their survival and those who don't will depend on their neighbors' goodwill. the more neighbors you have, the slimmer is your chance of survival, obviously.

considering these points i'd say lack of warfighting potential results in strong 'selective presure' or in other words, chances are all ETs will have expericenced warfare and will be quite good at it (those who are not would be dead).

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

"are aliens hostile?

OF COURSE there are hostile aliens.

- They are not being forthright ... they are secretive and work in the shadows.
- they have secret deals with governments to be allowed to steal citizens.
- They perform painful experiements on unwilling humans.
- They wipe out our memories and play with them.
- They create hybrids, basically making us have children without our permission and then they steal them away.

Friendlies wouldn't do those things.
They definately ARE hostile. No question.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Mayan2012]

I agree that no Alien race would be hostile to Humans, however, I DO think that some Alien races are at war with other Alien races. The reason I think they wouldn't attack Humans, is, well. Why attack Humans and Earth? Our technology sucks compared to theres and if they are visiting 95% of us don't know.

We are not threat to them, and if they were going to destroy us, they would of done it a long, long time ago.....

Also, if a Alien race is at war that dosn't mean they automatically have Internal troubles within there own race. Eg. Terrorism.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

My point is ...i dont think life can live long enough to get interstellar travel unless they have wiped out all terrorism,war and hostility.

But how much technology has come directly from Military Research and Development?

The Internet for example…

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
We are not threat to them.

No we aren't a threat - but they are.

We are definately a source for hybrids. Anyone who kidnaps people, holds them hostage, runs painful experiments on them, makes them have hybrid children against their will and then steals them away ... these are HOSTILE aliens causing that to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
One more thing....

are u really so ignorant NOT to REALIZE the fact that as we advance in technology so does WARFARE....can u imagine a terrorist in 30 years with the power to destroy several cities in 1 explosion????????\\

Better technology dosn't mean more warfare. Go back 500 years and there were still wars back then, maybe wars affecting a greater % of the population as compared to wars now.

Dosn't really matter anyway, since terrorists aren't getting much better technology than they have now. The only REAL threat is suitcase nukes, however they still, CANNOT destroy anything bigger than a small area of a large city. Don't forget, the Largest Nuke ever, 57 Megatons, could only wipe out the whole of London, do you know how big it was? 27 tonnes, it was also the most efficiant Nuc-a-lar bomb ever.

No we aren't a threat - but they are.

We are definately a source for hybrids. Anyone who kidnaps people, holds them hostage, runs painful experiments on them, makes them have hybrid children against their will and then steals them away ... these are HOSTILE aliens causing that to happen.

There is no proof of them doing that, and two, why would a highly advanced race kidnap people for hybrids? Couldn't they just abduct one, grab its DNA then splice Human DNA into Alien?

Do not send me any UFO case books (Particularly the Brazilian 'one'), as you know as well as I do that they could mean anything and don't necessarily have anything to do with what you are suggesting they are doing.

Personally I beleive in Aliens visiting Earth (And UFO's obviously), however, I have got NO idea what they are doing here.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The greatest leaps in technology occur During times of war, unfortunately that is the reality. It always has been

Imagine a culture like Sparta, grounded in warfare and conquest, having technology of inter stellar travel. They set out to conquer other worlds just because they can, and to provide trade clients for their home world.
This is more in line with the Nature of reality.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
There is no proof of them doing that

There are plenty of accounts by kidnapped humans that they were shown their hybrid children. It's very much possible that this IS going on. Women have their eggs stolen. Men have their semen stolen. Later, when they are kidnapped again so the aliens can update their information on the human subject, the humans see their alien children.

Lots and lots of accounts of this.

why would a highly advanced race kidnap people for hybrids?

Just because they are advanced in technology doesn't mean that they wouldn't do that. There are plenty of reasons why they would. To improve their own failing DNA? As an experiment? So that the future generations of aliens can live on earth? PLENTY of reasons for them to do it. HECK ... we humans are doing the same thing to animals here - using them and their body parts in experiments, innoculations, transplants, research, etc We do it. The aliens do it too, but on a more extreme level.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Aliens are human.

Human are Aliens.

Alien Allies.

AA.

2 As.

Great synchronicity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>