It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% sure Hostile Aliens dont exist.(or if they do they most certainly dont have interstellar travel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So if it's figurative why put such a blatant misrepresentation in a headline? You have no basis for such a statement. Heck just say you're 100% certain, it's just figurative

When you put a percentage it is misleading. Just say "I'm pretty certain, or 'fairly certain', otherwise it looks like you making a salespitch for your thread and your integrity drops to about 2.5987% (just figurative).

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
man i just want people to realize that there isnt any hostile aliens out there travelling across space.

No matter what anyone thinks. I for one dont think its logical.

dont ask me why,or how. but its a gut feeling.

and like i have said before.

a civilization that has wars,and terrorism would have long killed themselves off before having interstellar travel. it just doesnt make sense to me.

-Mayan

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
So if it's figurative why put such a blatant misrepresentation in a headline? You have no basis for such a statement. Heck just say you're 100% certain, it's just figurative

When you put a percentage it is misleading. Just say "I'm pretty certain, or 'fairly certain', otherwise it looks like you making a salespitch for your thread and your integrity drops to about 2.5987% (just figurative).

fine your right. Just dont be a DICK about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
really really really think about it =/ i used to think aliens could be hostile...but there's absolutely no reason for it if u have the technology to travel to other galaxies and so forth

Wow this is one crazy thread! Lots of assumptions (just OP's opinion though), generalizations and fiction.

It would be akin to me starting a thread titled: I'm 99.87% POSITIVE that all aliens have BLUE skin (and that no other aliens with any other color skin exist!)

That would just be a baseless comment, of course without any evidence other than my opinion, or rather my imagination run amuck

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
quit it already.

i had basis to my opinions ok?

pls dont make me report you for flaming me...because i definetly feel harrassed right now

-Mayan

[edit on 4/10/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012
man i just want people to realize that there isnt any hostile aliens out there travelling across space.

No matter what anyone thinks. I for one dont think its logical.

dont ask me why,or how. but its a gut feeling.

and like i have said before.

a civilization that has wars,and terrorism would have long killed themselves off before having interstellar travel. it just doesnt make sense to me.

-Mayan

I agree that an advanced species MAY not have wars or weapons and are peaceful. However, just because a species is advanced does not mean the species is benevolent. If you take drakes equation (posted in previous link) and input your own numbers, you may come up with 100's of intelligent species out there...Let's say 10% are more advanced than us, capable of interstellar travel...So that's 10 species, perhaps 2 out of those are at war with each other...take your pick for what reasons (infinite number of possible reasons?).

I just would not be very comfortable making such a blanket statement of the unknown, but that's just me.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is my opinion: I think that there ARE aliens out there, there just has to be, look at the numbers. I've heard figures saying there are 500 billion galaxies, each with millions of millions of stars. Many of these stars are not unlike our sun, and many stars have planets around them. There is no doubt in my mind that there is life out there, it may be rare, but it is there. However, even if there is life, doesn't mean it is intelligent, but there still has to be some intelligent life out there besides ourselves. There may be cultures many thousands of thousands years older than ours, if they have interstellar technology, who is to say it will only be used for "good". There is no way of telling how an alien culture works, just because it would seem logical that a highly advanced society would have to be in peace, it does not have to apply for alien planets.

Maybe they are a warring culture, that they used to be like Earth, with many different countries, but their version of Nazi Germany won, so now they rule their planet. During the wars they developed highly advanced space travel technologies, and somehow they found Earth. Not only do we celebrate different religions, we are not even the same race, who is to say that they would not be on a crusade to cleanse the universe for some sick perverted alien god.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by aaronman]

[edit on 10-4-2007 by aaronman]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronman
Maybe they are a warring culture, that they used to be like Earth, with many different countries, but their version of Nazi Germany won, so now they rule their planet. During the wars they developed highly advanced space travel technologies, and somehow they found Earth. Not only do we celebrate different religions, we are not even the same race, who is to say that they would not be on a crusade to cleanse the universe for some sick perverted alien god.

Exactly. There are infinite possibilities, not just a choice between black and white, a warring species vs. peaceful species. Heck the amount of diversity in life forms is too much almost to even comprehend the variations, never mind picking out the type of society that would exist for each.

You can take our planet Earth as a model for the universe. How many different species live on this planet? Of course not all 'intelligent' as defined but just as a thought experiment. From ants (some warring) to prey and predators, to peaceful species that co-exist.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You can take our planet Earth as a model for the universe. How many different species live on this planet? Of course not all 'intelligent' as defined but just as a thought experiment. From ants (some warring) to prey and predators, to peaceful species that co-exist.

Yes that is what I am thinking, that the possibilities for a 'good' alien species and a 'bad' alien species are both equal. There are just so many different possible things out there, the universe is just that mind boggling big, for all we know as we speak there could evil alien scientists out there giving some hive-like ant creatures a brain, then they break out and take over that planet, get ahold of the technologies of the planet and now they are out in all directions to colonize and spread

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes, if you can imagine it, its not only possible, it MOST LIKELY already happened or is presently occurring - Crazy right?!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, theres just so much out there... too bad that the universe is just so huge we will probably never see a fraction of it in the lifespan of the human species

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is why I believe that while they may exist. they are not hostile or at least have no intentions of killing us all off.
There is art all throughout time that has these strange objects in the sky.
Pictographs, rennascance art , even heiroglyphics... if these are extraterrestrial and they have been visiting us for thousands of years if not longer.. and we are still here,, then I think it is safe to say that they are not dead set on getting rid of us.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Picture yourself 2 alien civilizations, 1 is peacefull and discovers interstellar travel.The other civilization is agressive and decides to attack the other civ completely by surprise.

In this situation the agressor will aquire interstellar travel and god knows what else to further enhance there warlike abilities.

Conclusion: Any alien race that has interstellar travel could have aquired this by conquest and/or research. Assuming that high tech civ's will be peacefull is a mistake you cannot make ever unless you think that those around you are just as peacefull as yourself.If u think that then u will have no means to defend yourself and are at mercy for whoever wants a piece of you!

With this said i can almost be certain that there will be hostile aliens out there but right now i think we are to insignificant to be noticed as a potential target.
If we ever will travel into space then i am almost 100% sure that we will also bring war into space just as we do here on earth, we are by no means a peacefull civilisation people and i dont know if that is a good or a bad thing for our survivability in space.Only the future will tell i gues.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I thought you were going to say "in the lifespan of our generation". I Don't know, technology moves exponentially. Think of technolgy from say the 40's-60's...not a alot of technology going on right. Now take the technology from 80's-2000. Wow, do you agree? Now in 2007 it seems every day there are new reports, findings, discoveries, inventions that are huge. This is because technology growth is exponential and we are at the start of the fast growth curve now.

I'd say in the next 100 years we break the interstellar travel barrier, perhaps even sooner, or at the very least have a workable theory to pursue and build.
What do ya think?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59
Picture yourself 2 alien civilizations, 1 is peacefull and discovers interstellar travel.The other civilization is agressive and decides to attack the other civ completely by surprise.

I think this is completely plausible, say the 1st peaceful civ is exploring a planet which to them is uninhabited, then they get ambushed by a less advanced civ, they discover the "UFOs" and they are able to figure out interstellar travel

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I thought you were going to say "in the lifespan of our generation". I Don't know, technology moves exponentially. Think of technolgy from say the 40's-60's...not a alot of technology going on right. Now take the technology from 80's-2000. Wow, do you agree? Now in 2007 it seems every day there are new reports, findings, discoveries, inventions that are huge. This is because technology growth is exponential and we are at the start of the fast growth curve now.

I'd say in the next 100 years we break the interstellar travel barrier, perhaps even sooner, or at the very least have a workable theory to pursue and build.
What do ya think?

I think i have to agree that technology has vastly improved in the past decades, I would have to say in the next 100 years to me still seems too soon in the future. What I mean't to say was that the universe is still so big we will not even explore a fraction of it by the time our species as we know it disappears

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59

Conclusion: Any alien race that has interstellar travel could have aquired this by conquest and/or research. Assuming that high tech civ's will be peacefull is a mistake you cannot make ever unless you think that those around you are just as peacefull as yourself.If u think that then u will have no means to defend yourself and are at mercy for whoever wants a piece of you!

Good point to bring up, yes the species could have acquired from warfare, scavenging the technology, thus becoming more and more powerful, without the species themselves becoming more advanced in terms of evolution.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Right, take Roswell for instance, whether you believe an alien craft crashed or not...Let's say it did crash, we recovered it, we back engineer the systems, discover a light drive and gravity-shielding technology, Wha-lah, we are now a "so called advanced" civilization, WITH interstellar capabilty, and is in fact still engaged in warfare with its neighbors.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I agree with you Mayan that they are not here for an invation. The aliens that have been observed do seem to lack military effects like symbols of status (like stripes or stars) and behavior.

So why are they here? is a question I too have spent time on.
Lets start with the obvious. In addition to the above (lack of military training) their machines (UFOs) don't have any banners, no advertisement noticements and so on; so they are not here to sell or buy products.

We have so far not noticed any religious symbols either, so they are not here to convert us.

Some times Star Trek logic works; 'by eliminating everything it cannot be, whatever remains have to be true' or something like this. We have eleminated what it can't be; invation, commercial companies, priests.
They could be normal people just travelling through. But if they indeed do kidnap people we have to reject that too.
Because of what they can't be my conclusion is they are scientists studying various aspect with us and this planet. Not a bad guess I hope.

You have voted Mayan2012 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Ghaele]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Right, take Roswell for instance, whether you believe an alien craft crashed or not...Let's say it did crash, we recovered it, we back engineer the systems, discover a light drive and gravity-shielding technology, Wha-lah, we are now a "so called advanced" civilization, WITH interstellar capabilty, and is in fact still engaged in warfare with its neighbors.

And say now we go out to other planets, we will be sure to get some aliens mad for abducting their people, they may just decide us humans are too much of a nuisance and hire the exterminators.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join