It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Release 15 UK Sailors/Marines

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
This certainly is an IMPORTANT piece of information, which just came out.

Of course, when the marines are safe and sound at home;

The captain in charge of the 15 marines detained in Iran has admitted they were gathering intelligence on the Iranians

Well, well, well...

Funny how Sky News is simply just a Zionist controlled western media monopoly when it comes out with news that doesn't fit your agenda. But you are quite happy to use it to try and make a point that isn't even there.

The British mission was to stop shipments from Iran reaching Iraq, so yes, they will have been gathering intelligence on ship movements. Does the captain admit they were in Iranian waters? No. It is only espionage when they are in Iranian waters.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Once again, its proven that you are not allowed to speak ill of the USA.
If you do, your clearly pathetic.
Save the 'your so anti american/bush/western' CRAP at the door.
The point of the matter is,
Had this illegial war not of been instigated by the US and Britain, we wouldnt be on their maratime borders.

No not at all, but what I am getting at on Numerous threads which involved the UK and Iran, they were hijacked by those hellbent
on taken a swing at the USA, trying to turn the thread in to a US V Iran thread, which was not helpfull to say the least, because the
incident was over british servicemen/women and not american..... If you wanted to bash the US why didnt you open up a new Thread and take it fromt here instead of wasting our time with your comments... Which is clearly targeted at the USA....

WE started this, dont ever forget that.

Did we really, from the beginning, of all the conflicts in the Middle East, including the first iraq war and the current one? You sure? 50/50? Do U need to phone a friend?

And neither side has shown PROOF of where those sailors were.

Only part I will agree with you on, both sides are still disputing this, and will continue to dispute it......

But I still say,

And I will say this,

We have kidnapped Iranian nationals from Iranian territory ' consulates and embassies '

Who the British? Or the Americans

We have refused to release them, who knows WHAT treatment they are recieving.

Same as above answer pls ty..

Your winging and moaning about sleep deprivation?
how about you ask ALL the innocent people whom are being 'interrogated' at Abugrahib wether they think sleep deprivation is bad...

Can see where your stance is, if you Love Iran that much why dont you go over there and kiss the presidents backsider

Look at them, they are smiling. They are happy. They were fed.
Thats a lot better treatment than we are giving ANYONE in our prisons.

Not all of of them, one of those detainees were held within solitary convinment, so what your are saying was a lot of bullcrap!

Thankgod they are released but people like yourself seriously need to turn around and have a closer look at reality.

Ha ha, think you need to get your head out of your jacksie and get a grip off reality yourself dude...

ok so is this a good time for me to go on TV and announce that I will be releasing the 15 Irani nationals that I have locked in my basement that I found illegally selling Kebabs in my town centre two days after the 15 British sailors were kidnapped

That has got to be one of the funniest comment I have heard yet on this Forum that just had me rollin, than god someoneon here still has a sense of humour...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Did we really, from the beginning, of all the conflicts in the Middle East, including the first iraq war and the current one? You sure? 50/50? Do U need to phone a friend?

If we're still talking about Iran, the fact is we did start this, when in 1953 we overthrew a democratically elected government at the behest of the oil companies, the "we" in question being the US and UK.

So yes, when it comes to Iran, the US & UK did start it, without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

So yes, when it comes to Iran, the US & UK did start it, without a doubt.

I will have to agree with you Xmotex, when people lack understanding of how the political game is played when it comes to others countries future many doesn't have an idea how years of bad policies take their toll eventually.

Funny that I can read . . . the disappointment . . . on some of this threads that the Prisoners or captives were not treated bad, so now we must think that they were under the influences of drugs to made them look happy.

Get over it, the whole agenda from Iran was to make US and UK look bad when it comes to the treatment of prisioners.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Iran was democratic before the Shah?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by infinite
Capturing troops constitutes as an attack.

Unless those troops were in Iranian territory without permission. Iran had every right to capture those troops. I and think that most here would agree that any forceful action by the UK at this point would certainly validate the suscpicion that this was nothing more than bait for Iran. What should happen is Iran should return the troops as a show of good faith and the US and the UK should stay out of their buisness. Or give up their nuclear technology and stop acting like the world took a big vote and decided that the US is in charge with full dictation regarding nuclear ambition.

I believe I called this one. Lets hope it plays out this way.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
www.ananova.com...

Crew feared they would be executed

British sailors and marines freed by Iran feared they would be executed during their captivity, they have said.

The 15 service personnel, who arrived back in the UK on Thursday after their 13-day ordeal, sent condolences to the families of four UK troops and a civilian interpreter killed in Iraq.

Royal Marine Captain Chris Air and Royal Navy Lieutenant Felix Carman gave details of the "constant psychological pressure" to which they said they were subjected by the Iranian authorities. They described how they were blindfolded, bound, heard weapons being cocked, and were told if they did not admit they had strayed into Iranian waters they faced seven years in prison. They insisted they were 1.7 nautical miles away from Iranian waters when they were taken.

The two members of the 15-strong group read a statement at Royal Marines Base at Chivenor, north Devon, then others answered questions about their treatment.

Perhaps the most chilling description came from Royal Marine Joe Tindell, 21, from Shooters Hill, south east London, who told BBC News 24: "On day two the mood completely changed, they changed from the military dress to all black, their faces covered. We thought we were going to the British embassy but we got taken to a detention centre, all 15 of us.

"We had a blindfold and plastic cuffs, hands behind our backs, heads against the wall. Basically there were weapons cocking. Someone, I'm not sure who, someone said, I quote 'lads, lads I think we're going to get executed'. After that comment someone was sick and as far as I was concerned he had just had his throat cut. From there we were rushed to a room, quick photo and then stuffed into a cell and didn't see or speak to anyone for six days."

The seven marines and eight sailors were seized on March 23 as they carried out a routine search of a cargo ship in the northern Gulf. The 15 - who include one woman, Leading Seaman Faye Turney - began their statement by sending condolences to the families of the five people killed in Iraq.

Lieutenant Felix Carman, 26, of Swansea, south Wales, told how the sailors and marines were taken captive. They were on a routine operation when they boarded a merchant vessel in an area south of the Shatt Al Arab waterway. "I can clearly state we were 1.7 nautical miles from Iranian waters."

Royal Marine Captain Chris Air, 25, from Altrincham, Cheshire, said they saw two speedboats approaching rapidly about 400m away. "One officer spoke good English and I explained that we were conducting a routine operation, as allowed under a UN mandate. But when we tried to leave, they prevented us by blocking us in."

He went on: "Another six boats were closing in on us. We realised that our efforts to reason with these people were not making any headway. Nor were we able to calm some of the individuals down. It was at this point that we realised that had we resisted there would have been a major fight, one we could not have won, with consequences that would have had major strategic impact."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as you can see it's typical middle eastern way of doing things and their police is no different accross their nations. Saddam did that with innocent people and people who were accused of questioning him were forced to confess lies and when they did confess it was under some threat and by saying yes got them killed, so the story could be covered up what ever the truth.
In this case I guess soldiers being killed would have sparked air strikes by the UK, well if they had balls like their parents once did over matters like these.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What I don't get is how everyone fell for the Iranian propaganda.

The Iranians have a SHOCKING human rights record, period. And particularly with regards to the state of their prisons, and the behaviour that goes on inside them. All this bollox about them showing up the Americans for Abu Ghraib is complete pish. Alot of Iranian prisons are worse than Abu Ghraib, and this is according to HRW and Amnesty.

Yes they weren't treated THAT badly, but if they were, Iran would be a nation burning, its economy and millitary crippled. That is why they didn't, and so they decided to milk it for PR purposes.

A couple of goodie bags and some suits, a meal or too....and bang the Iranian government is lovely. Deny ignorance only seems to mean, deny the Western press.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I say we should deny all mainstream media. Wether it's CNN, BBC, or the IRNA.

Both sides of the story seem a little fishy to me. Why were the british soldiers immediatly debriefed and not allowed to talk to anyone when they returned? This is not common practice.

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
Why were the british soldiers immediatly debriefed and not allowed to talk to anyone when they returned? This is not common practice.

From what i saw on the live news footage, they were flown straight to the marines base where they were met by thier loved ones. They had a fair while there with them before being debriefed so they defianately were'nt debriefed immediately.

Unless they had some sort of debriefing prior to flying back. They would'nt have had any kind of debrief on the plane as there were too many civillians about.

From what i read though, the decrief happened after they got back to the base.

CX.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
Why were the british soldiers immediatly debriefed and not allowed to talk to anyone when they returned? This is not common practice.

From what i saw on the live news footage, they were flown straight to the marines base where they were met by thier loved ones. They had a fair while there with them before being debriefed so they defianately were'nt debriefed immediately.

Unless they had some sort of debriefing prior to flying back. They would'nt have had any kind of debrief on the plane as there were too many civillians about.

From what i read though, the decrief happened after they got back to the base.

CX.

Of course its common practice, they were on a millitary mission.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join