It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple shots fired inside CNN building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Multiple shots fired inside CNN building

www.msnbc.msn.com

Gunfire was heard inside the building complex that houses CNN’s headquarters, and a man was seen being carried out on a stretcher with blood covering his face.

CNN reported that the offices of its Internet operations, CNN.com, were evacuated and that a suspect was in custody. Video footage showed police pointing guns at a man lying on the ground inside a building.

In a broadcast, the network reported that two people had been transported to a nearby hospital, their conditions unknown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just saw this. I'm wondering what the reasoning behind this was (whether the guy was just fired or pissed about something else). Another workplace shooting. I'm starting to think that maybe an on hand therapist should be available at every office workplace

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATE

Woman injured in shooting at CNN Center

A witness who is a CNN employee saw a male shoot a female twice in a street-level lobby area at the northeast end of the building, near the Omni hotel, which is part of CNN Center.

Charles Williams, who works in technology services for Turner, saw a man dragging a woman by the hair one level above where the shooting occurred. The man told him to get out of the way. Williams went to get a guard, and then saw the man apparently take the woman downstairs. He heard gunshots less than a minute later.

CNN.com writer Brad Lendon said he heard a loud bang, and then saw a woman on the ground next to a potted plant near a back entrance to the CNN.com newsroom. A man stood over her "and fired at least two shots into her," he said.

www.cnn.com...

It seems like it was personal and he was targeting this woman...ex lover maybe?? thats my theory

[edit on 4/3/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You really have to be messed up in the head to shoot at another person for such trivial matters. You don't shoot an ex-lover for any reason, unless she is pointing a gun at you trying to kill you.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It turns out that it wasnt an actual CNN emoployee but a hotel worker who was visiting.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Perhaps an attempt to send a message to the media?

But this does seem like there was something personal about the victim. Why the suspect would choose to go into the CNN building of all places to commit murder is beyond me though. Just doesn't seem like an ideal place to commit a crime.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Perhaps an attempt to send a message to the media?

But this does seem like there was something personal about the victim. Why the suspect would choose to go into the CNN building of all places to commit murder is beyond me though. Just doesn't seem like an ideal place to commit a crime.

It is if you want coverage............

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
From what I've heard, the CNN Center shares the same building complex with the hotel this occurred at. I don't think it had anything to do with CNN.

top topics

join