It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian official: Sailors may be tried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Iranian official: Sailors may be tried

Source Link: news.yahoo.com

Iran's ambassador to Russia renewed a threat Iranian officials made earlier this week, saying 15 British sailors held by Iran could be tried for violating international law, Iran's state news agency IRNA reported Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Then it would be WAR if Iran did that. Blair should move some Tridents up to Iranian waters and launch a few dummy ones into Iran and see if Iran gets that message.......

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If UK spent more on military than on its unemployed then perhaps we would be able to do something for these poor sailors, instead of just talking and hoping someone will help.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Then it would be WAR if Iran did that. Blair should move some Tridents up to Iranian waters and launch a few dummy ones into Iran and see if Iran gets that message.......

It was reported on Channel Four news last night that US is moving in a carrier that is equipped with nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just heard this on Sky News UK � An Iranian official was on, stating that Legal moves are now under way; they are putting our boys to trial!

This is a very dangerous twist, I think if it got that that point, then as a British citizen, I would fully support this as an act of war and therefore should be dealt with via military means.

The British Government have put forward proof that the captured personnel were indeed in Iraqi waters, while Iran lied and tried to cover them lies up, then came back with a different story, if they are tried or punished in anyway or form, then we should see this as a real world act of war.

Its times like this I am glad that the USA are our allies and have the hardware they have.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
How much more can be milked out of this in Iran? Any comments from "the street" in Tehran? They are really playing with fire now.

Does anyone know much about the legal process in Iran? Any history of trying foreigners, those accused of spying and/or "enemy combatants" ?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
comments from another thread started, pitty we cant just put all of this in one thread.... way toomany threads to comment on...

as to the Ambassador supposingly saying serviemen/women to face trial:

As reported on the BBC News 24

Now it seems the Ambassador to Russia, has changed his statement, that he did not say that the British Servicemen/Women would face trial over this crisis..

Clearly his previous comments, he did say that they would stand trial...

Hmms looks like he has been told by His seniors, to change his statement eh.....

Think the UK would trie and stop the trial going ahead, apart from invading Iran, what can we do to stop it....

If UK spent more on military than on its unemployed then perhaps we would be able to do something for these poor sailors, instead of just talking and hoping someone will help.

While I agree with you, that maybe more money is needed for the UK armed forces, I think more people are turned off in joining up to the armed forces because of Iraq, Aphganistan.... I could be wrong so If I am so be it....

I still think to enforce this the Gov will need to introduce either conscription or ask the UK Public for help....

[edit on 31-3-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by blobby

It was reported on Channel Four news last night that US is moving in a carrier that is equipped with nuclear weapons.

hmm I wonder which carrier group this is?? and where its coming from??

any one have any links to support this??

new topics

top topics

join