It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unkown satellite-like device falls into Somalia

page: 1

join
share:
Tea

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Unkown satellite-like device falls into Somalia

somalinet.com

(SomaliNet) A baffling device which resembles a satellite or Unidentified Flying Object (U.F.O) has landed in a rural area close to Buulo-Burde town, 220km north of the Somalia capital Mogadishu, eyewitnesses told Shabelle radio on Monday.

Villagers report that the device had fallen in a remote jungle area, some 40km north of Bulo-Burde, killing one camel. No experts have reached there to find out exactly what the object is.

The unknown object is sitting on an area of one 100 meter square as people grew more concern over the device that it might explode or contaminate the area.

The device is said to be intact and not broken as it gives alarming signals. No one knows where the satellite-like device had come from.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Tea

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
No one has said anything about a satellite that's expected to crash. I'm drooling over this one. I wonder who will get to it first. And what a wretched place for it to land.

somalinet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It seems rather odd that no phto of this object has been released. Given the dramatic descriptions one would expect that we'd be seeing video. Anyone heard anything beyond the original story?

Tea

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't think it's that unusual. The thing's fallen in Somalia, of all places. Who in their right mind would go there voluntarily?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, Somalians for one. There are cameras there, news outlets (obviously) and even the internet.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Ilyas said in the daylight it glitters and but in the nighttime, it turns lights and speaks a strange language which can’t be understood by the villagers.

Sorry but I don't know of any satellite that speaks strange languages. They usually only transmit radio waves.

Weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am doing research for unexplained events and disappearances in 2007 and found this incident and have been looking into it for most of the morning.

What is puzzling is that the original story from MAR 26 was changed on APR 2, then a corrected version on APR 2 which I link below.

(Corrected) Unkown satellite-like device falls into Somalia

(SomaliNet) The story “Unknown Satellite Like” which we published on March 26 was initially received from interviews and coverage done by Mogadishu radio stations. At the time of the incident many people in the area talked as if they saw the peculiar object. After many SomaliNet news readers contacted us about the article, we decided to investigate more and tried to verify the validity of this strange story.

It goes on to say that they could not locate any "eyewitnesses" to the event though everyone believes it to be true.

They said they might update the story but so far I haven't found it.

Did someone hoax this event?

Did this happen?

It ended kinda strange.

Would you write this one off, or keep it as unexplained?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Jac,

I think this paragraph sums it up for us.

We might run another update on this story after the reporters who went to the region go back to Mogadishu. In the meantime, whether to believe the story or not is up to the reader. SomaliNet apologizes for publishing it without doing more investigation.

somalinet.com...

Personally I'd send it to the trash bin.

Becker

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

You are probably right but after being here for so long I don't trust what is printed.

A voice in my head keeps saying..

Why would they do that? Did someone tell them to retract or kill the story? How could such a story get airtime and print and then be sent to the scrapyard without a good explanation?

Stuff like that. Healthy scepticism..

Or Paranoid delusion?

I will do a little more searching to see if they did close this event with a follow up.

Thanks for the input

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The device is said to be intact and not broken as it gives alarming signals. No one knows where the satellite-like device had come from.

This doesn’t seem possible for something that had to enter our atmosphere and then crash. The object would be either totally burned out or in a million pieces. Most if not all satellites are not very good when it comes to returning to earth and I would think they are actually designed to burn up before they hit anything. But I’m no expert in satellites!

If we lived on Mars and a mars rover landed, I think this is pretty much how we would describe the event. But that’s just speculation.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by TheDarkFlame]

new topics

top topics

join