It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN and UFO Subject Again Today*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just watched a UFO/ Aliens segment on CNN, left me quite surprised! It lasted for a good few minutes too.
It was about the Phoenix Lights and how the Governor (or Mayor?) of Phoenix has come forward today to say that he in fact witnessed the giant UFO that night, and that "it was definetly other-wordly...that was the feeling this thing gave me."

He also said something like "I believe this massive craft was other-wordly, I have no reason to believe otherwise UNLESS our government/ military comes forward and proves us wrong".

He mentioned that the reason he did not come forward before was because he did not want to cause panic. This is the same man that stage that press conference with a man in an ET suit with handcuffs.

Good to see he came forward to tell the truth. Throughout the CNN segment, they never ridiculed the event or the witnesses, it was purely a presentation of what happened.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!

That is incredible... how.... I am speechless!!!

GREAT POST! Thanks for the information.

HERE IS THE LINK!!!!
Former governor says he saw UFO
LINK: www.cnn.com...

edit URL

[edit on 3/21/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks for putting up the link, the CNN website is hell for me, I can never find anything Im looking for. lol

Here is a bit I forgot to add. GREATER NEWS!

"The creators of a film about UFOs called "Out of the Blue" contacted Symington because they are updating their documentary. After being asked questions about the 1997 episode, Symington told the filmmakers that he did indeed see the UFO but said nothing publicly, in part, because he didn't want to scare Arizonans."

"Out of The Blue" is THE best UFO documentary I have watched, cant wait until the updated version!!!!

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't know why this is so surprising.

It follows along the line of thinking that goes with the plan to fake an alien uprising to unite the humans to a new leader who saves us from the threat of them (aliens).

The more open the media is and the more uncontested sightings could lead you to believe that it is a setup.

Who knows? Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
interestedalways

You bring up a good point. But it is good to see something finally make some headway on the government media complex.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I don't know why this is so surprising.

It follows along the line of thinking that goes with the plan to fake an alien uprising to unite the humans to a new leader who saves us from the threat of them (aliens).

The more open the media is and the more uncontested sightings could lead you to believe that it is a setup.

Who knows? Time will tell.

Less speculation, more observation, and more waiting.

I dont bother speculating and theorizing anymore, it gets us nowhere and confuses the hell out of people.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Indeed, to keep our eyes and minds open and take in new information in an unbiased manner is the key to understanding.

At times I find myself to be to cynical.

Thanks for the perspective!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to the video on CNN!!

www.cnn.com.../video/tech/2007/03/22/tuchman.ufo.phoenix.lights.ktvk

One of the few rare times a member of the U.S. Government has gone on video saying they think they saw an alien space craft.

Props to CNN for posting this video and getting it out in the open.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by classified material]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ditto that classified material !! Larry King's done a few on the subject the last I recall was in /96. Anderson Cooper on his CNN 360 Newscast did something brief a couple of months ago and now John Roberts.

Who knows, mayhaps media will open the flood gates of UFO reports as they occur?

Dallas

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Video can be seen HERE

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I still think he's simply considering a run for another office, and is trying to do some PR damage control, on the 10th anniversary of the event...

It's hard to believe his attitude and treatment of the event back then, if he had truly seen what he claims...

Sadly, my gut is telling me he's full of it....

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I still think he's simply considering a run for another office, and is trying to do some PR damage control, on the 10th anniversary of the event...

It's hard to believe his attitude and treatment of the event back then, if he had truly seen what he claims...

I don't beleive this, nor do I buy it.

I think something's afoot, but I doubt it has to do with political gain. I never heard of anyone trying to state that they believe in ufos as a footstool to get into office. Carter had other platforms, too.

Everybody seemed to believe him when he discredited the concern. Why not now?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

well alot of people know the real facts and they are not saying anything and still play it all off like its nothing, so going by the way he acted at first does not mean anything

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoXiSo
Video can be seen HERE

Awesome - I am astounded... why? Because there was no creepy UFO invader music - because the media didn't portray this as a humor segment... No reporters being beamed up - no puns about the subject...
Looks like we are getting pretty close to the media taking this subject seriously... but I won't hold my breath just yet

thanks for the vid link btw!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think something's afoot, but I doubt it has to do with political gain. I never heard of anyone trying to state that they believe in ufos as a footstool to get into office. Carter had other platforms, too.

He ticked off a lot of his constituents with that stunt, so yes, in this particular case...by saying he saw the craft too, he's trying to say "I'm one of ya..."... Also, he's not saying it was ET...he's just saying he saw the craft too...

I suppose only time will tell which one of us is right... Personally, I hope you are....
(but I'm just saying my gut reaction...)

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

He ticked off a lot of his constituents with that stunt, so yes, in this particular case...by saying he saw the craft too, he's trying to say "I'm one of ya..."... Also, he's not saying it was ET...he's just saying he saw the craft too...

Sorry to jump in... but...
I think you better watch the video again - he does say that he got the impression that the craft was "Other Worldly" - and the reason he stated what he did is because he didn't want to cause panic. In my opinion - his statements after the event that happened 10 years ago were just following the mainstream - debunk it by humor or any method. He followed standard protocol. Yeah, it was a political move too - but more under the lines of an order handed down to him.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can't see vids here at work, so was going from the news articles on this...will check it out at home though...

Ignoring it, or simply going with unexplained, would be following standard procedure...

He decided to go the extra mile, dress his aide up in an elaborate foil suit and alien mask, and then bring him in, in a specially set up press conference, and announce he'd found the "guilty party".... basically sending out a big F' You! to his fellow citizens...

So, having a hard time believing he suddenly had an attack of conscience, and has no ulterior motive....

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
At one time this guy had to come out with this.
Many people from phoenix were feeling ridiculed and angry becaus of his appearance with a fake E.T. ("Nothing is going on, just some flares and your imagination!"). Eye witnesses who saw this object from up close above there houses say the same thing, it was a large, flying but unknown craft.
This news is a step forward

But as Gazrok also notes, the motive for this man to chance his stance on this subject all of a sudden is vague.

[edit on 22/3/2007 by 137]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 137

But as Gazrok also notes, the motive for this man to chance his stance on this subject all of a sudden is vague.

I agree with you and Gazrok - but it could imply much more then it seems. Perhaps under a conspiratorial thought - this could be a beginning of the relinquishing of information by the US gov. He could have been told to come forward... It does boost the campaign for disclosure of UFO events...
France has come forward with their info - perhaps this is all being... planned?

EDIT about France

[edit on 3/22/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am just naive, but it is also true that as people get older, they might care less for their personal power and more for a greater understanding of their lives and others.

I see your point, Gazrok, and I will keep it in mind. Never underestimate politics. But it is also possible, like many older folk, like the woman I met on the street the other day, they just are sick of caring what people think of them.

Or maybe they just feel like they did their job and were rewarded with the run around in the long term.

I speculate that many people who participate in disinformation believe that they will be rewarded later with true insight, and then never are given any.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join