It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Red?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If the Terror threat is Sooooooo credible, why not raise the level to Red?? Any thoughts....

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Because we just have a high risk of a terrorist attack.

Red would mean there is a severe risk, and I honestly don't think we'll ever be in red, just because there would be mass hysteria in America..

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is impossible for people to conduct themselves at a very high level of awareness at all times. It is also financially impracticable to maintain such a level.

Try it yourself, conduct your day to day activities as if the "enemy" might be in your hip pocket at any given second. Even if you were to maintain such a level of mental awareness, you'd become mentally fatigued in no time, not to mention a paranoid wreck.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Red is just a mythical alert i think, something we'll never be put on just so we think theres still hope, and things could be worse, we would go to red at a terror attack though.

We're on the highest state of alert now, going to red would only create panic.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, if you ask me, I think they will only raise it to red AFTER something has happened. I agree with Zodiac, as scared to death as the american populace already is over these terrorists and other boogeymen, there would be utter chaos if they raised it to red.
Its probably in fact only there so people will always feel better about saying to themselves, "well, you know, It COULD be worse.....(we could be in red), etc".

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Heh.........nerdling beat me to it...........

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I see no indication that we are "afraid of the boogeyman", or are overly concerned about terrorism at home.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I see no indication that we are "afraid of the boogeyman", or are overly concerned about terrorism at home.

Is that duct tape on your window Thomas?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What, are you spying on me now?!?

new topics

top topics

join