It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Rides The Beast- Hillary Clinton 2008?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As most of you have probably heard Revelation 17 states and I quote:

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Is it possible that this woman could be Hillary Clinton sitting upon a scarlet colored beast being the United States?

A quick Google search brought up theories that point in the direction of the beast being either Europe or the EU. I myself have always thought it to be a woman president of the US. This was before Hillary's bid to run.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The most commonly accepted interpretation of this verse is that the Woman is the Roman Catholic Church and the Beast is the Roman Empire. The beast has seven heads, which relates to the seven hills of Rome. There are even statues of the woman with the cup that the masons placed in some of the early Roman Cathedrals to indicate this relationship.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is there proof of the statues of the women that the masons placed...any photos at all?

That interests me and I would love to see more information on that.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I’ll have to look around for a bit and try to find one. I have seen at least one such statue. When I talk about masons, I mean the stonemasons that built the Cathedrals, not the Freemasons of today. You would need to get a Freemason in here to explain the connection between the two better then I can.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The most commonly accepted interpretation of this verse is that the Woman is the Roman Catholic Church and the Beast is the Roman Empire. The beast has seven heads, which relates to the seven hills of Rome. There are even statues of the woman with the cup that the masons placed in some of the early Roman Cathedrals to indicate this relationship.

Most commonly accepted by whom? Any statistics on that?

Not by the Roman Catholics surely?

What is your source for this "commonly accepted interpretation?"

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here are a bunch of them from this site:
What does the word Vatican mean

I have not read that site myself, so I don’t know if I agree or not with what is written there, I simply found it looking for the pictures.
Here is also Wiki’s write up of the topic:Whore of Babylon

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Most commonly accepted by whom? Any statistics on that?

Not by the Roman Catholics surely?

What is your source for this "commonly accepted interpretation?"

Actually the Roman Catholic Church currently believes in the prophetic school of Preterism and as such they admit that Revelations relates to Rome, the only difference is that they believe it only relates back to Rome under Nero.

It identifies "Babylon the Great" (Revelation 17-18) with the ancient pagan City of Rome or Jerusalem.

Those of the school of Historicism accept that it is exactly the way I stated it, the Roman Empire, and the Roman Church.

Whore of Babylon (Revelation chapter 17) with the Roman Catholic Church, the Papal system and each successive Pope himself

Many Futurists believe that the Whore relates to a new revived Roman Empire that many attribute to the European Union.

The idea that it relates to Rome though is pretty much not refuted by any of the three main schools of eschatology, as the indicator of the seven hills to the seven heads, and that she sits on seven mountains, is pretty definitive.

As these three schools are embraced by all mainline Christian religions, you can bet it’s a majority. Just in the Protestants that believe in Historicism and the Catholics who believe in Preterism that is that largest percentage of Christians in the world.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Babalon
NOT Babylon.

Is it possible that this woman could be Hillary Clinton sitting upon a scarlet colored beast being the United States?

I don't believe it. Therefore, NO, it is NOT possible.

A quick Google search brought up theories that point in the direction of the beast being either Europe or the EU. I myself have always thought it to be a woman president of the US. This was before Hillary's bid to run.

Google Babalon.

Yes. It is definitely pointing to the first woman president of the United States. But it is definitely not referring to Hillary Clinton.

Besides...Babalon's initials are L.A.M. see here.
L.A.M. will be drawn from the water at Ra's Well. The NEW Mexico Moses.

It all seems laughable, eye know. Strange but true. VERY very true.
God works in MYSTERIOUS ways!!

BUT it works....for the good of ALL.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
defcon5 and queenannie38

I want to thank you guys very much for specifying some information to read. I plan on going through everything you guys have posted here (though both pointing in separate directions.)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Babalon
NOT Babylon.

You're quoting from Thelema sources, From groups like the OTO who are about ritual magic, especially about ritual sexual magic…

What exactly does this have to do with the bible, after all members of Thelema are not Jewish, and are not Christian, so what would they possibly know about the subject?

defcon5 and queenannie38

I want to thank you guys very much for specifying some information to read.

Thank you very much, but be very cautious about the whole Thelema, OTO, and ritual magic stuff if you are a Christian. That way leads to that dark side according to Christian theology, no offence intended. I have spoken with several OTO members here and they have agreed that the two theologies are not compatible in any way. Thelema was instituted by Aleister Crowley, whom most Christian organizations consider to be about as Anti-Christ as anything you're mentioning from Revelations. He even used to get off on Christians calling him the Beast, even though he was not as prophetic beasts are empires and not men.

The two theologies are diametrically opposed.
To members of Thelema its:
"Do as thou will…."
To Christians its:
"Do onto others as you would do unto yourself…"
They are about as opposite as positive and negative.

Just curious queenannie38, why does your avatar have a cross on?

[edit on 3/11/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It is all symbolic. Not an actual place. The woman stands for greed/want for materialistic things.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This statue is placed in front of the EU Headquarters in Brussels. It depicts a woman standing on the back of a man with 10 horns (for the 10 original member states) and holding a 'cup of gold' (the EU currency symbol).

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
And the EU Building...? Modeled after the Tower of Babylon of course.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
What exactly does this have to do with the bible, after all members of Thelema are not Jewish, and are not Christian, so what would they possibly know about the subject?

Far more than you do, obviously.
But that's okay.
The less we know, the more we can learn!

OTOH, the more we assume, the more we risk...well, you know:
ass U me

Your decision. Your free will.

Thank you very much, but be very cautious about the whole Thelema, OTO, and ritual magic stuff if you are a Christian.

I'd be far more cautious about heeding the advice of anyone who tells you to limit your investigation in any way. And open mind is vibrant mind - a closed mind is dead.
There is no reason to fear information and there is no reason to believe that God will not guide us even if search all things...if we have faith we have no reason to fear. ANYTHING.

That way leads to that dark side according to Christian theology, no offence intended.

I follow in the very footsteps of Christ Jesus - just as he had no use for the Pharisee's religion, I have no use for christian 'theology.' Rather I seek the Mind of Christ.

Isaiah 45:3-7
[color=#000000]And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call by thy name, the God of Israel.
For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
I the LORD, and none else, no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that none beside me. I the LORD, and none else.
[color=#000000]I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:I the LORD do all these.

The two theologies are diametrically opposed.
To members of Thelema its:
"Do as thou will…."
To Christians its:
"Do onto others as you would do unto yourself…"
They are about as opposite as positive and negative.

It is:
Do as thou wilt and harm none.
What's the difference?

At least with the former we are allowed to grow and learn. The more we grow, the closer we come to God.

Just curious queenannie38, why does your avatar have a cross on?

Curiosity killed the cat.

Your mind is closed to learning but open to judging me based on whatever reason I give you for my avatar's choice of ornament?

How very Christ-like! :shk:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That last tower of Babel has 11 stars around it? Possibly hiding the 12th at the bottom...maybe, maybe not. Yet:

Revelation 12:1-2
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
mythatsabigprobe,

Upon researching there is no evidence that there are ten horns on the statue the woman is standing upon.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

here.
L.A.M. will be drawn from the water at Ra's Well. The NEW Mexico Moses.

It all seems laughable, eye know. Strange but true. VERY very true.
God works in MYSTERIOUS ways!!

BUT it works....for the good of ALL.

I was just going to post here that the Whore lives in New Mexico and thought I better check to see if LAM posted!

I am beginning to believe it...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
mythatsabigprobe, there's no way to model something after the tower of babel. we have no blue prints for the tower of babel. hell, it would actually be a bit foolish to think the tower of babel was real, seeing as it is an obvious myth to explain why people speak different languages stemming from similar myths in the mesopotamian region that the hebrew people would have been exposed to.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Here is my scarlet 'beast' #1:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Here is my scarlet 'beast' #1:

Holy poo, that is a red Honda trail 70, my first little motorcycle when I was like nine years old!!! Annie that is so crazy you picked that! Mine was red too..just like that one!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join