It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Numerology, or IX XI if you prefer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
whoops wrong thread

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Rotator]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Something interesting too in the name Mohamed Atta.

Mohamed is of course the Muslim prophet, born on Sept. 11.

But "Atta" is Buddhist enlightenment, and the Atta are the enlightened ones.

Buddha often taught by inversion, and said, "You teach the atta, but I teach what the atta is not."

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Something interesting too in the name Mohamed Atta.

Mohamed is of course the Muslim prophet, born on Sept. 11.

But "Atta" is Buddhist enlightenment, and the Atta are the enlightened ones.

Buddha often taught by inversion, and said, "You teach the atta, but I teach what the atta is not."

There were two large Budda statues in Afghanistan that were destroyed by the Taliban March 2nd 2001, 193 Days before 9/11. They destroyed them with the hope that people would stop worshiping them as idols.

Destruction of the Buddhas of Bamyan

The Buddhas were along the silk road from the Middle-East to China.

Coordinates: 34°49′55″N, 67°49′36″E
maps.google.com...,67.826667&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=34.831944,67.826667&spn=0.010392,0.033388&om=0&iwloc=addr

I'm printing out the precepts of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah, right now. I gotta read this.
www.al-sunnah.com...

"Indeed We revealed this Reminder and it is We Who
will safeguard it." [al-Hijr 15:91]

[edit on 28-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotator

Another one that happened after 9/11/2001 The Queen 'Mother' died that year age 101. (the zero is not counted so that is 11).
Peace to all,
AURORA

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
1/19/2009 = 1+1+9+2+9=22 Amazing how on 1/19 or 119 or XI is the last day of bush's term. This symbolizes to me the ending of one operation only to begin phase two, which is the new obama administration. A lot of people don't realize that masons love and use these numbers for their many calculations. The best part of all of this is we now know with certainty who passed this numerology to the masons. In their own words [of c.w. leadbeater i.e.] it comes from the jews. A people classically defined as a race of magicians. Just remember just because you don't believe in magic doesn't mean they don't.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
*deleted*
[edit on 14-1-2009 by truthquest]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

IX XI really relate to me a lot. My first username on the internet ended in "IX". Why IX? Well because it is a lot easier to find a username with roman numerals instead of numbers. I have no idea why I picked that specific numeral. I suppose because it corresponded with the highest single digit (9) and therefore should be the easiest to get "single-digit" username (assuming everyone else simply started with 1 and worked their way up), but don't really know. Later on I decided to change to XI, because well "it just looked better" and "just sounded better at the end of my name". So I went from IX to XI.

I should say that 9/11 effected my life like no other event ever has.

I also see the number 22 being brought up as a relative, which is a number in my birth date.

I swear all these co-incidences have worn out my ability to chalk things up to co-incidence. I really hate all the impossible co-incidences because I tend to be a very strong skeptic type.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

I think you might be off the track with the meaning of atta as it relates to Buddhism. There are the notions of atma and anatma, "soul" and "no soul". Is that what you are thinking of?

Here is the meaning of atta from the Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon:

webapps.uni-koeln.de...

1 aTTa ind. high , lofty L. ; loud L. ; m. a watch-tower ; a market , a market-place (corruption of %[haTTa]) ; N. of a Yaksha Ra1jat. ; over-measure L. ; (%[a]). f. overbearing conduct(?) Pa1n2. 3-1 , 17 Comm. ; (%[am]) n. boiled rice , food L. ; (mfn.) , dried , dry L.
2 attA f. (probably a colloquialism borrowed from the Deccan , said to occur chiefly in dramas) , a mother L. ; mother's sister L. ; elder L. ; (in Pra1kr2it) a mother-in-law L. see %[akkA].
3 Atta see %[A-] 1. %[dA].
4 Atta mfn. (Pa1n2. 7-4 , 47) taken , obtained ChUp. Katha1s. ; taken away or off , withdrawn from S3Br. AitBr. &c. ; seized , grasped ChUp. La1t2y. &c. ; perceived , felt Ma1lav. ; undertaken , begun MBh. xiii , 3567.

Here is the result for enlightenment:

1 bodhi f. (with Buddhists) perfect knowledge or enlightenment MWB. 43 (%[-dhy-aGga] n. an `" integral part of perfect knowledge or enlightenment "' Lalit.)
2 kratu m. (1. %[kR] , or 2. %[kR]) , plan , design , intention , resolution , determination , purpose RV. VS. S3Br. Br2A1rUp. ; desire , will (instr. %[kra4tvA] , willingly , readily RV. ; %[e4kena@kra4tunA] , through the mere will RV. ii , 13 , 11) ; power , ability RV. ; deliberation , consultation RV. VS. ; intelligence , understanding (e.g. %[bhadra4@kra4tu] , right judgment , good understanding ; also in conjunction or in comp. or ifc. with %[da4kSa] see %[kra4tu-da4kSau] and %[dakSakratU4]) RV. VS. TS. S3Br. ; inspiration , enlightenment RV. ; a sacrificial rite or ceremony , sacrifice (as the As3va-medha sacrifice) , offering , worship (also personified R. vii , 90 , 9) AitBr. S3Br. xi A1s3vS3r. &c. ; Kratu as intelligence personified (as a son of Brahma1 and one of the Praja1-patis or the seven or ten principal R2ishis Mn. i , 35 MBh. i , 2518 & 2568 Hariv. &c. ; [N. of a star] VarBr2S. ; married to Kriya1 and father of 60 ,000 Va1likhilyas BhP. iv , 1 , 39 ; husband of Haya-s3ira1 , vi , 6 , 33) ; N. of one of the Vis3ve-deva1s VP. ; of a son of Kr2ishn2a BhP. x , 61 , 12 ; of a son of U1ru and A1gneyi1 Hariv. 73 ; of the author of a Dharma-s3a1stra Para1s3. S3u1dradh. ; (%[us]) m. or f. (?)N. of a river in Plaksha-dvi1pa (v.l. %[kramu]) VP. ; [cf. %[a-] , %[a4dbhuta-] , %[abhi4-] , &c. ; cf. also $.]
3 samyaksambodha m. and complete enlightenment ib.
4 samyaksambodhi f. complete enlightenment ib.
5 samyaksambuddha mfn. one who has attained to complete enlightenment (said of the Buddha) Ka1ran2d2.
6 vAgjyotis (%[vA4g-]) mfn. receiving light or enlightenment by spñspeech S3Br.

The words I am used to hearing, as a Buddhist, are bodhi and it derivatives.

Most of the Pali meanings that I found had to do with a "watch tower", which in itself, is kind of an unnerving coincidence.

dsal.uchicago.edu...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by ipsedixit]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join