It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised News Submission Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

News Submissions for ATS, BTS, & AbovePolitics

The three news forums and submission forms are now fully functional for all three boards. The "submit news" link provides access to the proper form to submit a news story for the board you're using.

ATS -- Alternative News
Submit "Alternative" news from mainstream sources that are covering important ATS conspiracy-minded topics, and other "alternative" news sources that previously may have been frowned upon in ATSNN (but please still use discretion when judging highly biased sources or other sources that tend to sensationalize).
Alternative News Submission
The news is posted here:
ATS Breaking Alternative News Forum

AbovePolitics -- Political News
Submit "Political" news from mainstream news sources and political blogs.
Political News Submission
The news is posted here:
AbovePolitics Breaking Political News Forum

BTS -- General News
Share "General" news from mainstream news sources that covers interesting items from areas not well-suited for ATS or AbovePolitics.
General News Submission
The news is posted here:
BTS Breaking General News Forum

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Great job, but I had one question, would it be possible to have a 3 way selection box in the news submission so posters can better choose which forum their news will be placed. sort of like:

( ) Alternative ( ) Political ( ) General [Select One]

Don't know if this is possible, just thought it might make it easier to get them in the right place.

I have got to stop speed reading, skipped past the part I was asking about
DOH!!!!!!

Thanks for the fine work!!!!

[edit on 2007/3/5 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So Which News Is Which?

The change in the news submission forms and procedures represents an increased focus on what distinguishes each discussion board in the ATS Family.

But what kind of news is suited for each?

Here are some suggestions...

AboveTopSecret.com

News related to conspiracies, the paranormal, aliens, UFOs, secret facilities and projects, New World Order, cryptozoology and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on ATS.

AbovePolitics.com

News related to politics of all kinds, political elections, political parties, political figures, policies & law, national politics, international politics and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on AP.

BelowTopSecret.com

News related to music, movies, TV, sports, religion, gaming, art, travel, hobbies, celebrities, recreation, humor and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on BTS.

Old News Is Not News

If a story isn't news anymore, please use the regular forums to present it.

Rule Of Thumb

If a news article is current and would be on-topic for an existing forum on a discussion board, it would be suitable for news on that discussion board.

Edits: Format and content.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok, I get it now.

So many changes

[edit on 5/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hmm. I think I still like ATSNN. All these confusing changes, getting in trouble and having threads moved if you happen to post a story in the wrong category . . . it's all a bit over my head.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I finally have a good question.

ATS News Article = ATS points

BTS = BTS points

PTS = PTS points

Is that right?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Change Will Do You Good

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Hmm. I think I still like ATSNN. All these confusing changes, getting in trouble and having threads moved if you happen to post a story in the wrong category . . . it's all a bit over my head.

No worries: having a thread moved isn't "getting in trouble". :shk:

It's just us mods doing our part to help keep topics in the right forums.

Traditionally, there's been quite a bit of blur in ATSNN when it comes to news, and we're used to having it all rolled together.

The new approach will allow us to better sort out news which is of interest to different audiences.

Give it time, and ultimately I think you'll end up liking it better.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just submitted a news. In doubt where it would fit best, I put in the old ATSNN.

The title Cheney has blood clot in leg

Originally posted by Majic
So Which News Is Which?

AboveTopSecret.com

News related to conspiracies, the paranormal, aliens, UFOs, secret facilities and projects, New World Order, cryptozoology and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on ATS.

Could be a conspiracy to let him sit 65 hours on a plane? ..a little far fetch maybe...

AbovePolitics.com

News related to politics of all kinds, political elections, political parties, political figures, policies & law, national politics, international politics and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on AP.

Yes, but this ain't exactly political

BelowTopSecret.com

News related to music, movies, TV, sports, religion, gaming, art, travel, hobbies, celebrities, recreation, humor and in general anything which would be on-topic for one of the forums on BTS.

Well, I guess is above celebraties. Tho I'm not sure.

Anyway fell free to move to where you think it belongs. I can't tell.

BTW a suggestion.

Could we have the three different Breaking forums color coded?

For quick recognition. Untill you get used to this you have to think, maybe check what is what.

[ed to clarify]
The top bars as you see them in your Myats, is what I'm thinking about.
Like we already have them now for PTS and BTS.

Just one pledge:
S.O., anyway by chance you could change that horrible olive-ish color of PTS?

Board navigation should be by reflecs, we've got enough to think about here on ATS.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A big thanks to SO and all the admin. for changing things for the better.

I think this will help sort the chaos that was happening and slow things down so discussions on different news events have a chance.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Question to SO:

Do you ever sleep?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Since the new submission changes, the forum summary page for the "Breaking Alternative News" forum is now getting five-times the traffic that used to hit the old ATSNN.com
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(www.atsnn.com... redirects to the new forum summary as well)

Thanks to everyone for helping to make this turn-around work out!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Excellent!

I like this. Makes sense to me.

Wow. Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
With this new submission form, it says, "Your Comments
(Max 2500 characters of your own material)", is there a minimum amount of characters that each new thread has to have to be accepted?

If not, then you'll still have people just posting news articles up at their whim with no comments or opinion or understanding of the news article.

Just wondering, since it doesn't have a "minimum" amount of characters.

This is a lot better though, and I think your doing great trying to get these forums back on track after the change that had to be made. I, and I'm sure a lot of the old ATSNN'ers, appreciate you trying to keep these forums at a level that the old ATSNN submissions had to meet to be accepted.

[edit on 10/3/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
"Can you read my mind"?

There are a lot of "Films" "programmes" made here?@

You said, "I will only say this once".

I asked, " What"?
?

I asked, "What "?

"You are ........................

top topics

join