It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Technology to Save Planet Ex- Canadian Def. Minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Great, as if the discussion about UFOs wasn't heated enough, now we have to add global warming into it.

The fact that the Ex-Canadian Defence minister states that goverments have UFO technology is interesting, to say the least.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by rich1974]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I posted this a few days ago. Nobody even read it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Paul Hellyer is I am sure a nice man and I don't know if he's the one that keeps dropping "defense minister" every time he gets interviewed about UFO's or if it's the reporters who drop in "defense minister" in their articles but it's a little annoying because Mr. Hellyer does not base his belief in government involvement with ufos on any documents he saw during or after his term as defense minister but on a personal experience.

Now, there is nothing wrong with that of course, many of us on this board base our beliefs on personal experiences but dropping that defense minister job title every time he mentions ufos makes it sound like he actually has inside information which he does not. Hellyer of course has admitted this himself but it seems to get left out in articles.

Below is a partial quote from this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Spiderj
...He and his wife both saw a UFO and that coupled with his reading of Corso's "The Day After Roswell" formed his opinion...From what I can tell it's the same old story, jsut another one of us looking for answers.

Here's his wiki link:
en.wikipedia.org...

This is a verbatim quote from Timothy Good's book review in Fortean Times: Issue FT216 Dec 2006 page 61:
"The dust jacket quotes the former Canadian defense minister Paul Hellyer to the effect that "UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head". But he (timothy good added to clarify) neglects to mention that Hellyer has since admitted that his conversion to UFO believer came not through access to Top Secrets but through reading a book on UFOs..."
Spiderj

Again, I say this does not invalidate his beliefs but he certainly doesn't have inside information...which is too bad.

Spiderj

Please see the referenced thread if you want to see the full post.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I agree (no smoking gun here)and was just posting the article for discussion. I apologize for double posting didn't see Dulcimer's post. This story came across the breaking newswire, so I assumed it was truly "breaking".

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't disagree that's it's interesting and I for one am always of the opinion that if you don't see it posted, then post it.

More information is better than none.

Would be nice if he had proof though.

Always post an article you think is interesting or helpful...imo at any rate.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Again, I say this does not invalidate his beliefs but he certainly doesn't have inside information...which is too bad.

IIRC he stated on a cable news interview about a year ago that while he was defense minister, his official attempts to gain information about UFOs were denied. He would see tantalizing information concerning a sighting, a radar anomaly, or what have you, and he would ask through official channels and was denied. Which is no surprise considering even US presidents are not considered to have a "need to know". I'm sure if the current US SECDEF asked for a briefing, he'd get blown off as well.
It's a shame but to be expected.

I believe the same scenario applies to Admiral Lord Hill Norton. Never saw any official documents acknowledging UFO/alien visitation but through discreet inquiries, and a complete stonewalling by the UK government, people in these positions put 2 and 2 together and start researching on their own.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Schaden]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I use to assume that most high level government/military personnel would have access to UFO/ET information. But after thinking about it; it makes sense that these ministers, etc. would not have direct access. However, due to their positions, they would still have the ability to possibly go through some back channels to get at some information.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow. I submitted this story to drudge report last night and now it's up on his webpage !

LOL

Probably just a coincidence ?

mods: can we get all of these threads merged or something ?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm glad that he is coming out with this information, but he is not the only one to observe that non polluting ufo technology would reverse the damage done to our planet.

Dr Greer has been saying this ever since he has started speaking. This is one of the main reasons we have to get access to the technology. The situation we are in right now is an 'artificially induced problem'. Had the technologies been introduced in the 1950s, we wouldn't be in the problem we are with the environment, nor would we be in Iraq/Iran.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It is on Drudge... That is impressive. All of the news media organizations are influenced by the Drudge Report in some way. Maybe this will be one little positive step.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here

Please direct your comments to the preceding thread

closing

new topics

top topics

join