It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation - A search for old Soldiers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimoire017
What a great thread! This is my first post but this thread really caught my attention and I wanted to share an experience of my own

I'am honoured that your first post would be on this thread, and I hope that the experiences you recall are put into some sort of perspective when layed alongside the other testimonials detailed by posters here.

I do think that those we have known do seek each other out. I can offer my own experience as an example. My wife is a Canadian, she went to London to work in the early 80's. For two years we worked in the same building and never met. We went to the same bars and never met. We have ticket stubs from concerts where I was sitting directly behind her and never met. We even knew the same people and never met. In a city the size of London thats not really a suprise. But here is the kicker! We eventually started to work for the same company. I remember seeing this women walk past the coffee room, I had an overwhelming feeling that this was the women I would marry??????????? 26 years later we are still together and I can not conceive of a life without her.

Does this happen through every cycle of reincarnation, or are we seeing one last Gathering ?

Your memories are poigniant to say the least, and interestingly once again feature someone wearing a German Uniform.

I hope you find those that are looking for you. Keep an open mind, and remember that all is not what it appears to be.

Good luck for the future. We will all need it.

Seeker.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Been reading this thread again and regarding switching genders, I had a thought.My mother says that you are "male" or "female" energy, and doesn't seem to think you change gender through your lives. So if you are a male, you always have been and always will be.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My mother says that you are "male" or "female" energy, and doesn't seem to think you change gender through your lives.

Hi Grimoire.

Thanks for spending sometime on the thread. It was always my intention to get people to think and ask questions. The last thing I want to do is pass judgement on what is right or wrong. Quite simply because I'am not qualified to do so.

The premise of male/female energy is interesting. I suppose it could be much the same as positive and negative electrons, and the laws of attraction. As far as those polarities changing through various life cycles, I'll keep an open mind.

Reincarnation could be a rule of nature that is unknown to us, rather than a spiritual quest. But if its the later, then I could see how viewing the world from a different sexual orientation would be a very important thing to do, if indeed enlightenment is the goal of reincarnation. Therefore, with all respect to your mother, I can't rule that possibility out.

Regards to your mum, and thanks for your input.

All the best.
Seeker.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Looks like I get to play the skeptic. This is a role I am entirely unfamiliar with so bear with me.

I need to know how you tell the difference between " a past life experience" and a dream/daydream.

I have a constant recurring dream where I am trapped in a house by an advancing army outside and I am unarmed, but there are many gun parts scattered around the house and I furiously try to assemble the parts into a useable weapon before the invaders come in.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I need to know how you tell the difference between " a past life experience" and a dream/daydream.

Fair question groingrinder.

I can not talk for others and certainly I'am no authority on the subject.

I think from the examples shown in the thread there is a conviction on the part of those who have responded, that what they have experienced is to them at least, far more tangible than any surrealistic rehash of the days events as remembered in dreams.

If you sat down a phsycologist and gave him this thread to read, I'am sure he would have a field day running railroad tracks through the legitimacy of the comments in this thread, and I readily accept that.

I have a constant recurring dream where I am trapped in a house by an advancing army outside and I am unarmed, but there are many gun parts scattered around the house and I furiously try to assemble the parts into a useable weapon before the invaders come in.

Your recurring dream would fall into that expainable catagory. I have a similar dream involving a puzzle, and I'am sure it has to do with looking for something that cannot be found, and fear of running out of time to accomplish the search. To me its the subconcious talking, and using metaphors as a substitute for complex thoughts.

I have no memories Groingrinder, they are closed to me now. What I have are a serious of conversations I had with my family between the ages of 2 and 5. I have no recollection of what I said then, only what I have been told. So as I said I can't talk for others because I'am not experiencing the same thing as them.

Its a great question groingrinder and I'am not trying to avoid giving you a straight up answer. I'am just not in a postion to do so.

Thanks for not being a poo flinger and thanks for your interest.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Looks like I get to play the skeptic. This is a role I am entirely unfamiliar with so bear with me.

LOL! When I worked for the phone company, I used to dream that I was in a house full of phones, but none worked! I was being chased by someone, and every time I'd pick up a reciever to call for help, it would fall apart, or the dial would fall off, and at the end I got a recording!

But the dream I recounted in my earlier post occurred at a pre-school age. I had seen airplanes, but surely not bombings..... not even on TV, as we didn't get one til I started school....there could be some how I picked up that image, but I've never been able to figure out where.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

LOL! When I worked for the phone company, I used to dream that I was in a house full of phones, but none worked! I was being chased by someone, and every time I'd pick up a reciever to call for help, it would fall apart, or the dial would fall off, and at the end I got a recording!

Thats funny, I think you've been to my house.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Old Soldier here, I was in the first world war, I was a Sargent in the british army, we were told to hold new trenches no matter what, we had low ammo, and the germans over ran us, I got shot in the back,

When I was only a few years old I use to have a reoccurring dream,
it was in two colours only, like a photo negative, the image use to remind me of a spring on its side, I kept having the same dream through out my childhood until when I hit sixteen and had the same dream but this time in vivid colour, the spring on it's side was barbed wire and trapped in it was a the decaying body of a soldier that looked like it had been there sometime (most of it had rotted away and its chest was collapsed in)

When I was about 5 my dad had gotten a remote controlled "Tank"
(he had been in the second world war himself) And when they told me it was called a Tank I knew that wasn't right and told my parents that it should be called a "Landship" needless to say they gave me a funny look, but again later on in my teens I found a book on tanks and found out that the orignal name for a Tank was Landship,

When I was three years old my dad took me to a shop and asked me to choose something he would buy for me, I looked in to this glass cabinet and there was a row of metal whistles one of them felt funny to see, so I chose that one, I later learned it was the same sort of whistle the british used during the first world war to send the troops over,

I have more memories from that time (like everone being scared by the "tanks" yeah even on our side too, it was because of the sound they made when they moved more than anything else) , and other lives

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Harper_]

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Harper_]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Been reading this thread again and regarding switching genders, I had a thought.My mother says that you are "male" or "female" energy, and doesn't seem to think you change gender through your lives. So if you are a male, you always have been and always will be.

Thats not true, everyone is a mix of energy both male and female,
if you become unbalanced to far in one direction you could end up being born the other sex, but I know more than a few people who believe the same thing your mother does, but past life memories dispute this,
including my own, sometime in the 1800's (with some weird fashion, I remember a man wearing a extra tall top hat that was shiny, almost like it had been enameled) I was a girl, less than ten years old, I had ran away from home, and I later died of hyperthermer,

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have a chicken-pox scar on my right front shoulder right above my chest. . .

It occasionally aches, as if it were stabbed or shot.

It happened very early in life, and oftentimes birthmarks/scars are reported to be memories or somthing bleeding into the next life.

I have always thought and felt that in some past experience I was shot in the upper chest/shoulder area after experiencing some of the pangs of pain there and then noticing the chicken-pox scar.

Dunno if that counts...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Harper:

Thats a great post, it falls inline with what I suspected and hoped I would find when I started the thread. World War 1 memories coming from the mouths of the very young.

Can I ask you some questions Harper ?

Do you know, or can you find out, when you started to read or write ?

Did you talk at an early age ? I'am interested in the communicative skills of the young who have memories.

And lastly, next time you have the opportunity to look at the battlefield scene, see if you can find any detail, like say the name on the side of a tank, or any insignia of any kind. It would be interesting to see if we could get a rough dating for your experience.

I'am intrigued by the spring dream, I had a similar incessant dream when I was very young, funnily enough in B/W.

Thanks for the post, hope you have time to look at the questions I posed.

All the best.
Seeker.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi ya Mystic Mushroom:

Its as valid as any other comments on this thread. Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Physical bodily evidence is something I've never considered, and its the first time I can recall having heard of that phenomina, thats very interesting.

I, similar to yourself have a strange almost tangible feeling of once being stabbed. I prefer not to recall it anymore. But I know what you mean, it can be unsettleing.

Thanks for the post.
Seeker.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harper_
sometime in the 1800's (with some weird fashion, I remember a man wearing a extra tall top hat that was shiny, almost like it had been enameled) I was a girl, less than ten years old, I had ran away from home, and I later died of hyperthermer,

Thanks for sharing that Harper.

Certainly as suggested by some of the other contributors, the possibilty for cross gender experiences is apparently there.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
Harper:

Thats a great post, it falls inline with what I suspected and hoped I would find when I started the thread. World War 1 memories coming from the mouths of the very young.

Can I ask you some questions Harper ?

Do you know, or can you find out, when you started to read or write ?

Did you talk at an early age ? I'am interested in the communicative skills of the young who have memories.

And lastly, next time you have the opportunity to look at the battlefield scene, see if you can find any detail, like say the name on the side of a tank, or any insignia of any kind. It would be interesting to see if we could get a rough dating for your experience.

I'am intrigued by the spring dream, I had a similar incessant dream when I was very young, funnily enough in B/W.

Thanks for the post, hope you have time to look at the questions I posed.

All the best.
Seeker.

Reading and writing was late, I didn't learn till later in school, engilsh was a tough subject for me at school, but I started talking in sentences fairly early 2-ish,

Weird things I remember clearly are,
The wrapping on the lower legs (part of the British battle dress) I don't know why that stuck out,

The weight of a CO's pistol, heavy than I thought it would be (I had to report to the officers myself, saw it and asked if I could see it,)

The sound of the "tanks" (which indicates I survived late in to the war)
I remember them moving at night, very slow, very very loud,

Getting on the train to leave for France (no body was worried, it was just like a new year party, every one happy)

The mud and cold (which believe it or not, you got use to and didn't really notice after awhile,)

Shooting people at range, it was sort of a detached feeling, just numbers, not personal, (I was good at this, and I am still a crack shot today in this life, I've even out shot army snipers)

Stabbing someone, was bad, made me feel sick, not like shooting someone at range, (I had to stab two german soldiers when I tried to escape, (only had a bayonet) when they over ran us, I was also left handed then, right now)

I remember feeling sorry for the people they sent out, the training was a joke, they were still shop keepers etc, I was a career soldier, I was already in the army before the war started, the character of these people was very strong (compared to people now) they knew they were going to die, but stayed quiet,

I remember being shot, didn't really hurt felt like a really hard thump in the middle of my back, then I couldn't breath and fell forward in to this thigh high water that was so muddy it looked almost like chocolate milk shake, and then drowned,

I don't like war films, just can't get in to them, but when I watch first world war movies, for some reason they make me feel like I've got the flu

This one thing that sounds really stupid, but is true, the fist time I watched The Terminator on video, I got stuck on playing the video over and over again on one spot right at the beginning of the movie, it was the sound, it was a weird feeling like a scratch you just couldn't reach in your mind, so I played it over and over and p***ed off my family, until it hit me, (it was the screeching of the HK's tracks at the begining of the film) it was the same sound of the tanks I remembered, but I didn't put two and two together straight away, the first world war thing wasn't anywhere in my head at all, just this nagging feeling that I knew that sound and couldn't place it, was driving me nutz lol,

The spring dream wasn't in black or white, but two dark colours, like a
silhouette, no detail other than an outline,

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Originally posted by Harper_
sometime in the 1800's (with some weird fashion, I remember a man wearing a extra tall top hat that was shiny, almost like it had been enameled) I was a girl, less than ten years old, I had ran away from home, and I later died of hyperthermer,

Thanks for sharing that Harper.

Certainly as suggested by some of the other contributors, the possibilty for cross gender experiences is apparently there.

Cheers.

You may like to check out a book called the "Reincarnation the Pheonix fire mystery" written by a one time sceptic who had planned to debunk the whole reincarnation thing, hard to find though,

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
First of all I want to say that I trully believe in reincarnation, personally, and though no evidence of it may ever be deemed worthy of proving it, I find it increasingly convincing. Did you ever watch that program called "past life investigation"?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
First of all I want to say that I trully believe in reincarnation, personally, and though no evidence of it may ever be deemed worthy of proving it, I find it increasingly convincing. Did you ever watch that program called "past life investigation"?

No, is it any good?,

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well it was an investigative process of three individuals of different backgrounds, including one who did not carry the belief at the time of reincarnation. They were given past-life regressions through hypnosis and they all came up with unusual accounts of what could have been 'memories' of their past lives. The one I found most convincing was a young skeptic female who was raised roman catholic and was a web designer. She started chanting words in Hindu during her regression. She's from Canada and as far as she is concerned does not know the language nor does she know of any descendents who were Hindu.
But anyways, it seemed like a thorough investigation, and it was very interesting. It originally aired on BBC, later on CBS.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey seeker, thought I'd add something.

I have a small scar on my nose that my parents could never explain, and at times it will ache. (Like a pulsating pain.)

The other thing is (warning adult themed) Since I was five, (and to young to know this) I told my mother that I remember being a little "fish" and swam with many other "fish" in a dark place, trying to find something.

I remember my mother was very shocked. I don't know what to make of it.

Just thought I would add that.

Peace,
FK

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well it was an investigative process of three individuals of different backgrounds, including one who did not carry the belief at the time of reincarnation. They were given past-life regressions through hypnosis and they all came up with unusual accounts of what could have been 'memories' of their past lives. The one I found most convincing was a young skeptic female who was raised roman catholic and was a web designer. She started chanting words in Hindu during her regression. She's from Canada and as far as she is concerned does not know the language nor does she know of any descendents who were Hindu.
But anyways, it seemed like a thorough investigation, and it was very interesting. It originally aired on BBC, later on CBS.

I don't watch to much TV, but that did sound interesting,
it's always good to see a sceptic find enough "proof" that helps them to broadens there understanding

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join