It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation - A search for old Soldiers.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A quick added note of something else I just remembered

I can only fire a rifle from my left shoulder (but I'm right handed)

And when I was between the ages of 3-5 I use to dig a lot of "trenchs" (lol) in the back garden, an oblong hole long than it was broad, and deep enough to just peek over the top when sitting down, I dug this (and many others) with a desert spoon, (my mum would later fill them in lol)

Use to make me feel safe, And I use to just watch the house,

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Harper_]

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Harper_]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I enjoy returning to this thread: (1) because of the truly fascinating accounts so kindly shared by contributors and (2) because I think this is the only thread I've encountered where the OP demonstrates the ultimate in forum-courtesy and friendliness by responding to each and every participant with a personal note of encouragement and thanks, most often including pertinent enquiry and/or substantiation. The gentlemanly Humphrey Bogart will forever more be for me personified by the equally gentlemanly Seeker PI !

Harper_ Thanks for sharing ! Your posts are endlessly fascinating: the most compellling first-hand accounts I've read in forums anywhere regarding past-life memories. Your life must, of necessity, have been experienced differently to that of the average person. The majority of claimed past-lives that I've read have been reported by others: Stevenson for example, in his writings of past-lives experienced by children from the Sub-Continent.

Hearing from someone of a Western background puts the past-life experience in more personal perspective (for me).

If you don't mind, could you advise if you accept with a. no -- b.little -- or c. reasonable -- doubt that you did in fact live before ?

If you are at least reasonably sure you lived before, have you been tempted to try to discover the identity of the person you were during the WW1 period ? Not suggesting you should or even if it would be possible, but wondering if this 'other you' is a constant presence in your current life. Wondering also if the various past-life memories have provided you any clues as to your previous identity ?

There are undoubtedly several people who've been able to establish at least partial information/validation re: their past-life identity/identities, but the only one who comes to mind right now is Jenny Cockles (from the UK) who wrote a book which has been published under a number of titles: the one I have is (I think) 'Someone else's children'. I might be mistaken, unfortunately -- all my books are currently in storage.

Jenny Cockles' past life memories were exceptionally vivid, as yours, from an early age and continued to haunt her as she grew older. Finally, she was able to afford to go to Ireland for a brief time, in search of her previous home. Later in life, despite initial rejection, Jenny was able to meet some of her alleged children from her earlier life. This must rank as an exceptional case in that her past-life children were still alive, albeit elderly. Jenny reportedly confirmed to the satisfaction of her eldest son that she was in fact a reincarnated version of his own mother, when she recounted a past-life memory in which she and the son successfully trapped a rabbit so desperately needed to feed the younger children. Her elderly son confirmed that indeed, he and his deceased mother had caught the rabbit in exactly the circumstances described by Jenny Cockles. The son said he had never told a soul about the experience, prior, the implication being that Jenny could not have learned about it unless she had been there at the time, several decades before (Jenny at the time of the meeting with her older son was in her mid-30's approx.)

Jenny Cockles' story was amongst the literature which finally succeeded in persuading me that reincarnation may be possible. Another persuader was Dutchman Hans ten Dam ( I think that's his name -- again, books in storage and long while since I read it). Prior to that, despite several interesting OOP (Out of Place) memories/visions of my own, I was strongly opposed to the theory of reincarnation: was outraged and distraught, to be honest, the first time it was proposed to me when I was in my early 20's.

Experiences and accounts such as yours, if any substantiating evidence could be obtained, would do so much to validate the theory of reincarnation. Have you ever considered 'digging' for further information -- perhaps via hypnosis or other techniques? Or does this not appeal?

Whatever the case, thanks for sharing your fascinating experiences

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My reply im afraid will be a bit of a story of my life since a toddler however it resulted in me actually joining the British Army when i left school.

One night at the age of 3 i awoke in bed i remember walking into my parents bedroom where my mother and father were asleep in bed. Oddly it was a very eerie feeling as it was totally quiet and i mean deathly silent. My parents didnt even notice me climbing in bed into the middle of them both. I remember lying there thinking something was not quite right and i was a little scared.

I was looking at the huge bay window at the foot of the bed when all of a sudden a soldier appeared from no where. I still remember to this day exactly the look on his face, His clothes, His smell, everything. I wasnt afraid it was like he was calming me. Infact i climbed out of bed and played with him in my room for hours. I remember him stroking my hair and he would lay there looking at me.

This became very regular meeting with this man at night and i openly talked about him to my parents right up until the age of about 6 or 7.

When i was about 14 my mother went to a clarevoyant with some of her friends. when she came home she was white with shock and she sat me
down. She had been told by the clarevoyant these exact words. "Your son is he still being visited by the soldier?" My mother replied "No" and was told "Your son was a soldier and was killed horrifically in WW2, His visitor was one of his comrades however was killed himself later in the war". "He is watching your son grow up and his trying to guide him in the right paths"

Now i was freaked out about this as it sort of rung true however i hadnt seen this man for approx 7 years and about a month after this conversation with my mother once again it was all forgotten about.

About 6 months later i tried to cross a dual carrigeway on my pedal bike. I was hit side on by a truck and was sent flying about 15 feet through the air. I landed on the tarmac and remember lying there looking at the pavement thinking i need to get on there but little did i know i had broken 8 bones down one side including snapping my collar bone, leg, Ribs, Arm.
However after 7 years here he was again it was my old soldier friend. he was stood on the pavement shouting at me to crawl to him. I couldnt crawl i was in pain so he came over grabbed my trouser belt and yanked me. I then blacked out and remember opening my eyes a few minutes later and there being a crowd of around 30 people around me. They were people who had been driving along the carrigeway. Luckily for me one of the cars had a doctor and 2 nurses in on their way to a meeting.

A few years later after leaving school i had a strong urge to join the Armed Forces so i did. I joined a Infantary Regiment with the British Army where i felt right at home and served many years where i served many of operations abroad.

Just thought id share that with you

The Saint

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe in the possibility of reincarnation.

I have seen other variations of my life in dreams (precognition?) but I cannot give an instance where I was in a battle.

War has a familiar feeling for me though. I grew up playing war board games, watching gory movies, and as a teenager I played a lot of violent video games.

I don't think I was desensitized towards violence when I was young. However, there may be a possible past life scenario where I became accustomed to death. I accept all possibilities after death and try not to fear it. When I die I know I'll return full spiral to another existence whether it be human or not.

We are spirits having a human experience, not the other way around. This life is only a temporal abode in the endless stream of reality. One day we will see with our real eyes, removing the shroud put on us at birth.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
My reply im afraid will be a bit of a story of my life since a toddler however it resulted in me actually joining the British Army when i left school.

One night at the age of 3 i awoke in bed i remember walking into my parents bedroom where my mother and father were asleep in bed. Oddly it was a very eerie feeling as it was totally quiet and i mean deathly silent. My parents didnt even notice me climbing in bed into the middle of them both. I remember lying there thinking something was not quite right and i was a little scared.

I was looking at the huge bay window at the foot of the bed when all of a sudden a soldier appeared from no where. I still remember to this day exactly the look on his face, His clothes, His smell, everything. I wasnt afraid it was like he was calming me. Infact i climbed out of bed and played with him in my room for hours. I remember him stroking my hair and he would lay there looking at me.

This became very regular meeting with this man at night and i openly talked about him to my parents right up until the age of about 6 or 7.

When i was about 14 my mother went to a clarevoyant with some of her friends. when she came home she was white with shock and she sat me
down. She had been told by the clarevoyant these exact words. "Your son is he still being visited by the soldier?" My mother replied "No" and was told "Your son was a soldier and was killed horrifically in WW2, His visitor was one of his comrades however was killed himself later in the war". "He is watching your son grow up and his trying to guide him in the right paths"

Now i was freaked out about this as it sort of rung true however i hadnt seen this man for approx 7 years and about a month after this conversation with my mother once again it was all forgotten about.

About 6 months later i tried to cross a dual carrigeway on my pedal bike. I was hit side on by a truck and was sent flying about 15 feet through the air. I landed on the tarmac and remember lying there looking at the pavement thinking i need to get on there but little did i know i had broken 8 bones down one side including snapping my collar bone, leg, Ribs, Arm.
However after 7 years here he was again it was my old soldier friend. he was stood on the pavement shouting at me to crawl to him. I couldnt crawl i was in pain so he came over grabbed my trouser belt and yanked me. I then blacked out and remember opening my eyes a few minutes later and there being a crowd of around 30 people around me. They were people who had been driving along the carrigeway. Luckily for me one of the cars had a doctor and 2 nurses in on their way to a meeting.

A few years later after leaving school i had a strong urge to join the Armed Forces so i did. I joined a Infantary Regiment with the British Army where i felt right at home and served many years where i served many of operations abroad.

Just thought id share that with you

The Saint

That is cool, you are lucky

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi. I have memories and knowledge and feelings from my previous life in Poland, I was a Polish soldier in WW2. I remember the things I saw, some of the things I did, the places. I remember feeling an intense responsibility for my country and culture and I remember not being able to save them and the despair. I remember the detachment from my emotions being the only way to carry on and the absolute commitment to fighting after seeing what was done to us. I remember killing and sobbing in the snow. I remember my own face and self and what it felt like to be me. I remember my friends. I remember the pact the four of us made when we knew we would probably be killed because they were destroying Poland and we were Polish. We promised to always find each other. I remember that vividly.
I left a part of my soul there in Poland. I still feel intensly the loss of everything, everyone, and not being able to help them, and then the unfair loss of myself. I was so young.
All of my life I've known this. I used to know as a child about the AK, location of camps, sewers, I knew the location of the Baltic sea at the top of Poland when I was child, because it was in my head. That's where I died. I was put on a soviet ship and I jumped and tried to swim back and it was too cold. As a child I was always cold and would get freezing, blue, and was afraid of plumbing and deep water. 7 years ago I met those three friends of mine and I will forever remember their smiles when they saw my recognition of them.
I have written about all this but not told anyone in any detail, this is the most I've ever said. It doesn't matter. Those who I died for recognise and know me, that's all I wanted. And to get my soul back.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dock6

I have tried to find out. I remember my name. When I was a child I was always changing my name. My parents used to laugh at me but I knew that this was my name. And I always called my parents by their names, too, not mum and dad, thouh they are my birth parents. I just felt that it was disloyal somehow. Recently I remembered in a dream my previous life's mother.
I checked out the name I remember and there was a person with that name who died in 1945 in Poland. There was no further information, only a birth year which correlated with my knowledge of me being young. I found it on a site that listed forgotten dead soldiers from central and eastern Europe.
If I can find it again I'll post a link.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join