It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Dirt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
And, on some occasions, I have lost my cool on this board and have let certain members get under my skin.

(shock)
I bet NONE of the rest of us has ever lost our cool with another user before. Why, even the thought of such a scandalous event sends me all aquiver.

Man, I'm sure no one can possibly fault you for that. There's only a couple of people on the entire board that I've never seen lose their cool, and they aren't running for President. No worries.

Come on, people, I thought we were gonna see some real dirt, like someone would bring up that stolen car ring or smuggling all those circus midgets out of Guam...something like that.

I guess we're all too civil. I won't be doing any poo-flinging in this race, but I'll be happy to point out the real contents of any poo flung at me.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Come on, people, I thought we were gonna see some real dirt, ...

I've got dirt on some of ya' .. and it's up for sale.

Highest bidder wins the dirt. Start the bidding ... Ya'll can give me your points and even take out some loans and give me those points too to pay for it! Best buy now, before I let the press get ahold of it and your presidential careers are flushed before they even take off ...

Only kidding. But it did sound like a real presidential race there for a minute, eh??

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
I would like to start a thread on Presidential Dirt.

As everyone knows the second anyone decides to run for President, out comes the dirt. This is that thread.

I urge everyone one of you to pull up dirt on each one of these candidates that contradicts what their platform says. I know at some point in their ATS life they must have a post that will come back to haunt them.

[edit on 2/25/2007 by dirty_underground]

[edit on 2/25/2007 by dirty_underground]

Because of my moral obligations to this most auspicious of boards, as well as to my fellow running mates, I cannot in good conscience level any statements of malcontent towards any of them.

Not only that, but as part of my acceptance as a candidate for running for office, I had to agree to the following:

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

Now, I dunno about anyone else, but I hold to what I agree to, no matter how much it might pain me to admit how much fun it would be to engage in such idle banter with my fellow running mates.

Anyway, morals call. Can't say that you weren't warned...

For Democracy,
TheBorg

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Man, if only the REAL Presidential elections were this civil and mature. Maybe we'd actually be able to elect "the leader of the free world" based off of merit rather than whether or not they were the lesser of two evils.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Man, if only the REAL Presidential elections were this civil and mature. Maybe we'd actually be able to elect "the leader of the free world" based off of merit rather than whether or not they were the lesser of two evils.

Maybe that is the purpose of this exercise? Let our members see what COULD be, not what is. If so, it has merit.

df1

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe that is the purpose of this exercise? Let our members see what COULD be, not what is. If so, it has merit.

I've approached my campaign with sincerity and the belief that this exercise is about ideas rather than an election simulation with each candidate doing what is needed to win the election game. I'm pleased to see that most other candidates have taken the same approach.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Someone once called me "Osama" in a thread:

I would like to clear up that I am not Osama, and I fully deny the allegations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join