It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystal caves: giant crystals in mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
not sure if this is appropriate for the fragile earth thread, but part of me thinks it's perfect.

this is "the crystal caves" in chiuahua mexico. my best friend got to visit these recently (as they are not open to the public) and passed along these photos from his colleague.

i can't imagine the energy emanating from a place like this. it's apparently very hot in there and people have died there from exposure to the heat.

i thought i'd share these with you.
imagine what else lays below the earth's surface in various parts of mother earth.

enjoy!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow what amazing pictures. Just wanted to post a few links to some sites about the caves. Truly wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing!

Naica Crystal Caves

A Closer Look

Crystal Cave Giants

More Info on the Naica Crystal Caves

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Beautiful photos, thanks for posting them they are massive crystals.

Nature is so beautiful I wonder what event caused these crystals to form on such a large scale?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Looks Photoshopped, lack of shadows emanating from the cavers and the lighting or the source of lighting is just wrong in a cave.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Blackb0x]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Check the websites provided. The cave is not fake, his pictures however I can't vouch for. But the cave and the size of the crystals are very much real!

Naica Crystal Cave Exploration Team

Just check the links.....

jra

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackb0x
Looks Photoshopped, lack of shadows emanating from the cavers and the lighting or the source of lighting is just wrong in a cave.

It doesn't look photoshoped at all. It looks like there are multiple spot lights set up, thus no single strongly defined shadow. It all looks normal to me and as has been shown in other links that the place is indeed real.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Those are beautiful pictures!
Why is the man in the picture wearing that orange suit?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of refraction?
Light refracts due to the change of its speed when crossing transparent glasses.

Snell's law can explain your doubts

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing images. Sometimes mother nature astounds me. Good job there hidden away in a cave otherwise they would be destroyed by us ungrateful humans.

Kind of looks like a scene from Superman

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
WOW breathtaking

thanks

[edit on 24-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
thankyou zooplancton...a happy thread

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow.

Thats absolutely incredible. I almost can't beleive that they are real, just looking at them, but apparently they are.

How fascinating.

There are other pictures out there, for people like me who almost can't beleive our eyes:

naica.laventa.it...

An article with many photos
www.canyonsworldwide.com...

And another:
giantcrystals.strahlen.org...

Apparently they are mostly gypsum.

Absolutely astounding.

Its easy to see why its closed to the public though, trampling on them would destroy them.

Wow, really incredible.

I think it anythign this proves that crystals don't harness and concentrate energy, that place would have to be glowing if that were the case no?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow, that is incredible

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So that is where superman lives?
Has anyone seen 'The core' MOVIE? It shows giant diamonds or crystals under the earth maybe there are loads like this the planet is made up of it.

Thanks great post and it's too much of a big story to be a hoax. Cytstal energy for the future? Lost knowledge of God for man before man sinned for free energy? Just some talking points to extend the post.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I wonder if this is related to the crystal skulls. I saw a story about this on the Travel Channel last night.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Thirteen crystal skulls of apparently ancient origin have been found in parts of Mexico, Central America and South America, comprising one of the most fascinating subjects of 20th Century archaeology.

These skulls, found near the ancient ruins of Mayan and Aztec civilizations (with some evidence linking the skulls with past civilization in Peru) are a mystery as profound as the Pyramids of Egypt, the Nazca Lines of Peru, or Stonehenge. Some of the skulls are believed to be between 5,000 and 36,000 years old.

Many indigenous people speak of their remarkable magical and healing properties, but nobody really knows where they came from or what they were used for.

Were they left behind after the destruction of a previous world, such as Atlantis? Are they simply ingenious modern fakes or can they really enable us to see deeply into the past and predict the future?

Much research is currently being done on the skulls. However, their origin is still a baffling mystery. They seem to defy logic. Everything that is known about lapidary work indicates that the skulls should have been shattered fractured, or fallen apart when carved.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Blackb0x]

The debunkers in the ufo forum could sure use your help for denying images he he.

Just kidding.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
On a more serious note,

This could explain why there are so many ufo's in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Great Post! Thanks for sharing those photos with us. I had never heard of these caves before.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
On a more serious note,

Can you elaborate?
I am not habitue of alien&UFO's forum, so please give a little more details

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

Originally posted by selfless
On a more serious note,

Can you elaborate?
I am not habitue of alien&UFO's forum, so please give a little more details

Simple,

There is something drawing more ufo's to Mexico then other places.
Maybe these caves could be part of the reasons.

Then again it could be because Mexico freely shows ufo's on their news.

Mexico are not as secretive about it as some other countries like USA for example...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join