It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica gets 4th Season.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
and all I can say is whew! They cut it kind a close, though I was disheartened by this...

www.digitalspy.co.uk...
Production on the fourth season will commence this summer with a view to a January 2008 debut.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 15-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I love the show, but it's gotten a bit lame for a couple episodes this season. They put too much into the 1 episode stories and take away from the big picture.

I'm glad they get a fourth though.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think they are following the plot exactly as they had originally intended, and that is a parallel of the Original series.

I think you're just disappointed that they used all the Fx budget and now all we got is crappy character development episodes.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
When Galactica hyper jumped into that planets (can't remember name, the one half settled on) atmosphere, launched fighters, then jumped back out of the atmophere before crashing into the planet. It became friggen awesome. Tell me another show on TV that attempts to show stuff that cool. But I would really like to skip past any more way off topic episodes that are just to add an episode here and there.

I would like to see them actually find Earth, especially if this might be the last season.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I doubt season 4 will be the last, though it is getting close. I'd say they are half way through the main story arc and in order to properly tell it, i'd think they need 6 or 7 seasons. Any more would be pointless and any less would be frustrating. If they go the miniseries route or go to the silver screen to finish the story I'd be sorely disappointed. There's talk that may happen too...

As for the pointless episodes... the last one and the one coming up do seem rather pointless which is why I'd argue that a 13 episode season might actually be a good thing. Works for Doctor Who, why shouldn't it work here? Cut down the filler episodes to one or two per season and that's that.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
www.comingsoon.net...

SCI FI Channel has upped its episode order for season 4 of its Peabody Award-winning original series "Battlestar Galactica" from 13 to 22 episodes. This will include a special two-hour extended event that will air during fourth quarter 2007 and be released on DVD by Universal Studios Home Entertainment thereafter.

Very good news!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I blogged this the other day.

"BATTLESTAR Galactica" may be making its final landing after next year.

The creators of Sci Fi Channel's acclaimed space opera are consider ing ending it after its fourth season, according to studio sources.

I guess we'll see if next year is the end or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well I think they can definately finish the story in 22 episodes. 13 episodes as was previously announced was not enough to finish the story line IMO. Perhaps 22+1/2 Miniseries can finish 'er up.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
22 episodes! That is totally friggin awesome! But I have to admit that I was disappointed when I read one of the articles fromZedds blog saying they may cancel after Season 4.

As for the show coming this Sunday, I think it will be a mind blower. In the season 3 trailers there was one that said something like, "This season, one will die, one will find out they are a cylon and one will find Earth." You can find it on youtube if you want to see it. So I am guessing that Kat was the one that was killed, I think. I don't buy that Kara is dead, the circumstances were too odd.

One will find out they are a cylon, and one will find earth. Tonight will be very interesting indeed!!! Woo Hoo!!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
WOS, you should check out the podcast episode where SB died. Ron Moore and co. specifically talked about killing off a main character to shake up the show(and Kat was not a main character). Doesn't preclude her coming back as a major recurring character though I think it will be something similar to the Internal Six and Internal Baltar.

I also think Lee Adama is gonna get offed soon, if not in this episode, then in the season premier.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I also think Lee Adama is gonna get offed soon, if not in this episode, then in the season premier.

Oooh! Do tell! Why do you think that? It's interesting you said that, because when you mentioned the idea of a chip Starbuck appearing in someones head, the first person I thought of was Lee. Whose head do you think she will appear in? Baltar? Admiral Adama? Oh, if that happens I bet it means she is a cylon! lol. Will have to wait a few more hours to find out.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oooh! Do tell! Why do you think that?

It's just a feeling based on what this series was originally intended to be, which was a re-imagining of the series that loosely followed the plot of TOS. In TOS Starbuck and Apollo went MIA sometime between the First and Last season(there were only 2 seasons IIRC). It was after a substantial timelapse as in the story, it took them a decade or so to find Earth.

Whose head do you think she will appear in? Baltar? Admiral Adama?

I personally think she will appear in Rosalins head. She's already been to the Opera house more then once IIRC.

Oh, if that happens I bet it means she is a cylon! lol. Will have to wait a few more hours to find out.

Not necessarily. We don't know where the Internal Six and Baltars come from. My theory is that they are the "Avatars" of the Beings of Light.

en.battlestarwiki.org...

I believe the Internal Six and Baltar "visions" are being sent by the "nameless one" that the Cylons worship. Starbuck, I have no idea which side she will represent if/when she shows up.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Holy Crap

Did you guys just watch this episode?

Now we know who the final 5 are. Now I wonder if the Cylons are going to maintain their position as bad guys.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Or at least I bought the Lie RDM pushed on us all to keep us all guessing.

/spoilers below

Starbuck is Alive and 4 out of the final 5 Cylons are revealed to us all. This was an amazing episode.

So Col. Tigh, Anders, The Prez's Assistant, and Tyrol are Cylons. I did not see that coming, though where is the 5th and final Cylon? And what are their numbers? I'm thinking Tigh is Number 2 and Anders will be close to the bottom due to Age discrepancies.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I thought that Starbuck was meant to be the 5th Cylon. That's why she was there when the Cylons jumped in, and that's why she "survived" her death.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmm... not confirmed but looking very plausible, though that is assuming that Lee isn't being manipulated ala Athena, Caprica Six and Rosalyn in the Opera House scene.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well it was a night full of shocks and surprises. Not the least of which is that the show will not be back until 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAARGGSHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well that was a real mind bender episode. I was wondering where all the music in the ship was going to play out. I thought for sure it was going to be some device that was projecting the internal Six and Boltar.

After the final five were revealed I have too many questions. How could Col. Tigh and the others be a Cylon? Where they replaced somehow before the original attack? They couldn’t have lived among the humans all their lives could they?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It makes me wonder if they were ever really children. Was Starbuck actually beaten as a child, or were those memory implants?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I guess my point is about them being replaced is because in the case of Col. Tigh, he has been friends with Adama throughout their military careers, so it's not like he just suddenly appeared like Six did on Caprica. The same would be true for Star Buck. The only way they could be Cylons is if they were replaced just before the attack.

I don't know it doesn't make sense, but it is only a show. Maybe it will be explained next season.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join