It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Observations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whats an interesting observation you've made on ATS?

Mine would be:

If you want to start a successful thread just give your opinion on evolution or homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anything religious gets a lot of responses. Nothing ever gets resolved. Just the same arguements from both sides over and over again.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Anything religious gets a lot of responses. Nothing ever gets resolved. Just the same arguements from both sides over and over again.

Exactly. That statement also applies to other threads. :shk:

I've noticed that replies build up when someone adamantly wants to win a debate/discussion, or have the last word. In my opinion, that isn't the point.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Took my idea for a thread on:

The Evolution of Homosexuality

Gay Alien Creationist Ghosts?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Took my idea for a thread on:

The Evolution of Homosexuality

Gay Alien Creationist Ghosts?

That's funny!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have a different take.

Primarily because I don't care where my threads go, and I don't initiate that many threads.

ATS is a wonderful collection of many various viewpoints. If you want to expand the realm of possible thinking on a given subject, post it here. You'll get some really "way out there" responses. If you want to stay out of the fray...read other's posts and see the "way out there" responses...and stay silent.

There are cycles at ATS. Sometimes the board is inundated with political talk. Sometimes there are inumerable posts on UFO/alien topics. Sometimes there are overwhelming numbers of religious/spiritual threads.

If you stay fast...and watch, you will see the cycle of topics, and that is when you can learn a vast amount of views. That doesn't mean you will accept them, but you will become aware of them.

I'm a skeptic. Most of what is posted on this board I don't buy into. But I feel a more rounded person buy listening (reading).

It's all a carnival...but the music is great!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Another thing I am starting to notice is some animosity between particular members. *cough*ThomasCrowne*cough*Colonel*cough*cough* for example.

But it's all in good fun and helps make ATS unique.
It would kind of suck if we all agreed.

join