It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the story behind your user name?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
my name, parrhesia, is a greek concept which means the moral obligation to speak your mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I just simply use this name because i created a yahoo account 5 years ago for my email and just stick to the same name for all the sites i visit.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Xenon being the rarist gas in the universe...and god...hehe...Rarist of the rare...coolist of the cool...master of all.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I tried a bunch of other names but I couldn't get those for some reason or another after a while I wasn't too happy about it so, I typed in NotTooHappy.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
I just simply use this name because i created a yahoo account 5 years ago for my email and just stick to the same name for all the sites i visit.

Dude..your avatar is hilarious!!...it's freaking me out!!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I concur. That avatar is mighty mesmerizing.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
? I was sure I replied to this thread...
I put "I have no idea..."

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Mine is kind of double edged. One side is the wierd Dreamz I often have and the other side is working towards dreamz that you may have put off for longer than you like. Its usually Abstract Dreamz, but this is much easier to type.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I chose the user name Sapphire after my Birth Stone for 'September'.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

September eh, what day? Mine is the 13th.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by Sapphire

September eh, what day? Mine is the 13th.

ahh very cool, mine is the 10th

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
we are all just small paperclips in a big office of life

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is a good question! But before I reveal the meaning behind by User Name, I was wondering if anyone here actually had any theories as to what it means?

Only reason I ask is because it seems nobody so far has ever noticed that I'm aware of even though it's quite obvious IMO.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
mOjOm

I have always known it is a picture of "you".

To me it represents your hands on a wall with you looking into ATS from just outside!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Dude..your avatar is hilarious!!...it's freaking me out!!

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I concur. That avatar is mighty mesmerizing.

I agree. I have a song in my head that plays along with this avatar......AC~DC's - I've Got Big B
lls....

..and the look on the little girls face.......priceless....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   

anyone here actually had any theories as to what it means

A face and hands looking in through a window?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
MA and GAZ, you are both correct. I don't know why so many others never saw it. They'd go off about Mojo this or that and Jim Morrison and so on. Making things way to complicated ya know.......

I of course never doubted either of you for a second!!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just love the sound of the word, plus I have a morbid obsession for death, and in French death is "mort", and "mort" and "morbid" kinda sound alike, a little.

Dictionary.com
morbid

adj 1: suggesting an unhealthy mental state; "morbid interest in death"; "morbid curiosity" 2: suggesting the horror of death and decay; "morbid details" [syn: ghoulish] 3: caused by or altered by or manifesting disease or pathology; "diseased tonsils"; "a morbid growth"; "pathologic tissue"; "pathological bodily processes" [syn: diseased, pathologic, pathological]

mor�bid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m�rbd)
adj.

Of, relating to, or caused by disease; pathological or diseased.

Psychologically unhealthy or unwholesome: �He suffered much from a morbid acuteness of the senses� (Edgar Allan Poe).

Characterized by preoccupation with unwholesome thoughts or feelings: read the account of the murder with a morbid interest.
Gruesome; grisly.

I changed the "o" by a "0" so I'm sure it's not registered anywhere. It worked, so far..

Edit: thehippiedude, I swear I almost died laughing at your avatar...this is dangerous dude...
You seriously have the funniest avatar I ever seen here, or anywhere else on the net...

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
hey dude. someone already started this topic, and it was me! Next time, do a search before you post.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Don't blame him dude, it's well known, newbies don't know how to use the search fonction.

And every old topics have to re-appear once in a while, it seems inevitable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join