It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the story behind your user name?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
someone already started this topic, and it was me!
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. We all goof up once in a while. I think this brings your thread back into the limelight (not james...thats a member name...). I went back and read all of the previous explanations. Cool !

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
sorry if I came off a little mean. that was not my intention.

Peace,TSK

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
mine is a russian submarine manuver.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Mine is usually Area51mafia but for some reason it was already picked or im a dumbass and put the wrong email. But I used to live by Nellis AFB and me and my friends would sneak to the top of the nearest hill and try and catch a peak at Area51. So we would be a "mafia" trying to get around the camo dudes and trips.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Simple. Cray Inc.. My employer.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My favorite color is lavender. My daughter's name is Lyndi. My business is named Lavenderlyndi.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
you newbies are not worthy of such knowledge.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
mine is a russian submarine manuver.

Thought it was because you played RA2 too much ?

Mine is from that stupid show... It's just because I like the blondes

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by Sapphire
I chose the user name Sapphire after my Birth Stone for 'September'.

September eh, what day? Mine is the 13th.

Mine is 19th

May be strange but Blue is my fav color...

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Salem]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But then, everyone of us have a story behind and in front of us that only holds value for ourselves. So my story is that. My member name is less valuable to others then some of the interesting and valuable information we share amongst ourselves both here and ATS..

Mags

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well...

"From the Sanskrit for the incarnation of Godhead, an avatar is the 'body' you 'wear' in a virtual community - an animated, articulated representation of a human which represents you, the user, in any virtual environment. Some of the more sophisticated chat rooms provide the facility to 'chat' over the 'net via the visual representation of interacting human forms."

and then I put a mask on it....

It must be my obsessive need for privacy!

I apologize to anyone for whom the name has added intrigue and desire to do some unmasking to find out about the "international man of mystery". I've only ever been unmasked once, and so it will stay!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My name comes from the Egyptian God of the Dead Anubis

Egyptian god of the dead, represented as a black jackal or dog, or as a man with the head of a dog or jackal. His parents were usually given as Re in combination with either Nephthys or Isis. After the early period of the Old Kingdom, he was superseded by Osiris as god of the dead, being relegated to a supporting role as a god of the funeral cult and of the care of the dead. The black colour represented the colour of human corpses after they had undergone the embalming process. In the Book of the Dead, he was depicted as presiding over the weighing of the heart of the deceased in the Hall of the Two Truths. In his role as psychopomp he was referred to as the "conductor of souls". The Greeks later identified him with their god Hermes, resulting in the composite deity Hermanubis. His principal sanctuary was at the necropolis in Memphis and in other cities. Anubis was also known as Khenty- Imentiu - "chief of the westerners" - a reference to the Egyptian belief that the realm of the dead lay to the west in association with the setting sun, and to their custom of building cemeteries on the west bank of the Nile.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join