It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in god not religion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I am well read in scripture, so don't think you can confuse or trick me.

And what's up with your screen name "Azazelus"?

There's an interesting story behind that name.

Ahh, I have succeeded in having you step outside of the biblical canon you seem to take much comfort in....

Azazel was the receiver of the symbolized "scapegoat" in Leviticus 16:8...the goat who was to be sent away from the lord.

WE are constantly moving away from the energy/entity that is God...hence the "US"...

WE are all sinners....so we are "escribed" to Azazel...WE are obsessed with making war and beautifying ourselves to the point where Love is secondary....

Hence - Azazel Us....or Azazelus...

However, I do not understand where the challenge of my screen name fits in to the discussion at hand. Please, share your "truth" since you "know" it.

I am glad to see you step outside of the Bible though....Your journey has begun..... Ask yourself this......Why wasn't the book of Enoch included in the Bible?

hmm...Is this a case of where religious denominations dictate what the people shall "know?" That is a whole other topic though.

My thoughts as to this particular thread have been stated.... The way to God is certainly not completely through today's religions......

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i suggest you all check out these posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

food for thought

the only thing you can be right about is that no one is right

[edit on 27-2-2007 by MouldyCrumpet]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ive been brought up as everyone around me calling this Higher Being "God" untill now where Im starting to see different religions and names. I dont follow any particular religion because there is no way to know which one is right before we pass. I choose to name this Higher Being "God", simply because Ive been brought up around people calling Him that. Hell, I could call him Michael if I wanted to, but after 16 years, it would sound weird.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So all you people have watch the doc movie www.zeitgeistmovie.com... and therefor claimed to know everything there is to know now? hmm...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd say it'd make more sense to believe in reason. If you believe in reason, you can use it to determine what else you should believe in. Without reason, you might believe in anything anyone says, as long as they claim they're the "real deal".

Like the bible. "Believe what's written here, because it was written by god". Circular logic is the stuff of children. And the religious, apparently.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I believe in a higher power, I call him god and pray daily. I do not believe in any religion. God did not write the bible man did. Also well known is that there are many different religions, so how can any of them be correct.
We are social so of course that calls for laws to keep some order and peace. I theorize that religion started out as the law and as populations grew I think fear and peer pressure was used to make thier groups bigger and stronger, thereby bringing in the order of religion.
Religion is just a societal cage if you will, telling its members to behave this way or believe this way or you will not go to heaven.
You can have a deep faith in god and follow no religion.
Now with this comes a lot of thought in so far as a good and loving god. Why does religion use fear to control people, as well as casting the first stone, or judging others, who put them on the pedestal and just what are they trying to hide?
Did they forget that they are not GOD?
I have been to many different churches/religions in my life and they are all the same hipocrital better than thou babies that need to open their eyes and their hearts to the real nature of god.
Been there done that!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
1. if there is a God or gods then there can be only one
or if there are gods then there is no god nor gods

2. if there is a God then He is NOT the God of the Universe
or if there is a God of the Universe then all is a joke

3. i checked what i found in the first part of "Zeitgeist"
that first part is completely fake. i found that noone of those messias has such a story. noone of them was born by a virgin. noone was crucified.... so, you can draw a red line over all part I

4. God is in everything, even in Hell

5. those who think that religion is to blame for wars are NAIVE
very few wars (in entire human history) were caused by religion
for thousands of years almost all wars were caused by material interests
and that also mainly by laic ppl
religion was a JUSTIFICATION for wars, not a cause

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join