It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the women here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This really has nothing to do with the site but I still think it's worth posting.

Targets Through A Rapist's
Eyes - Protect Yourself

A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:

1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women w! ith short hair are not common targets.

2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who's clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.

3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.

4) The time of day men are most likely to attack and rape a woman is in the early morning, between 5 and 8:30 a.m.

5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked at is grocery store parking lots. Number two is office parking lots/garages. Number three is public restrooms.

6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to a second location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.

7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.

8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.

9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands. Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these criminals you're not worth it.

10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like 'what time is it,' or make general small talk, 'I can't believe it is so cold out here,' or 'we're in for a bad winter' etc. Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a lineup, you lose appeal as a target.

11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell 'Stop' or 'Stay back!' Most of the rapists this man talked to said they'd leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.

12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yelling 'I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY' and holding it out will be a deterrent.

13) If someone grabs you, you can't beat them with your strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and armpit or in the upper inner thigh -- HARD. One woman in a class said she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her. She was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands and the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it - it hurts.

14) After the initial hit, always go for the groin. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy's parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you'll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble, and he's out of there.

15) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible.. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.

16) Of course, the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don't dismiss it, go with your instincts. You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.

PLEASE READ THEN FORWARD THIS TO EVERY WOMAN YOU KNOW. IT'S SIMPLE STUFF, BUT IT COULD SAVE HER LIFE. PASS IT ON TO EVERY MAN YOU KNOW TO SHARE WITH THE WOMAN IN HIS LIFE, TOO.

Miriam E. Schoengarth
Metrolink Passenger Services

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank-you for this information Fry2. I will send it on to my sisters. The only question I have is with number 10.
It say's if you see their face you loose target appeal. It seems if a person is dead set on raping someone that this wouldn't matter. In fact....because you saw his face than maybe...... he just might kill you too?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
The only question I have is with number 10.
It say's if you see their face you loose target appeal. It seems if a person is dead set on raping someone that this wouldn't matter. In fact....because you saw his face than maybe...... he just might kill you too?

I read that to mean keep your head up, make eye contact... all of which keeps you from being selected as a target. But you're right, if someone has picked you or already attacked, eye contact makes them more likely for violence.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The best deterant is to be fat and ugly. No one is going to rape a 450 pound heffer.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodBlessAmerica
The best deterant is to be fat and ugly. No one is going to rape a 450 pound heffer.

OUCH!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Some do so don't be mean..
And some men like their women well padded. That is one helluva of a sh*t thing to say.

Some are known as feeders making their partners fatter and fatter.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
thanks fry2 there is some really good advice there.

GodBlessAmerica I really can't believe you said that. thats really gonna make you popular , not .Did you actually think before posting that????

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I had a friend that was abducted and raped by several guys. She was thrown into a car and driven around, beaten up. After they raped her she was able to break away by distracting the guys, she talked to them... she agreed to be one of their girlfriends. She told them whatever they wanted to hear. She jumped out of the car and managed to find a payphone. She didn't know where she was so the police had to trace down the number. While she was in the hospital she lapsed into a coma.

After she recovered she gained about 150lbs to make herself unattractive to men. She has never fully recovered from this.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenoftheDamned

If a husband does that to his wife, it's probably because he loves her so much and doesn't want her to be raped.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Website-Related Discussion -> Misc. conspiracies.

Board Questions -> Site realated matters.

*edit*

Oh yeah..

Shyte like this makes me sick.

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the information, Fry2.

I suppose a .38 would be sufficient protection.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Fry2,

Good topic some good common sense advice, but full of holes, that assumes all rapists follow the same predictable pattern and they do not. Date rape rapists don't use a good proportion of those above. Most rapists yes are oppurtunity grabbers but some stalk their prey for days and it makes no odds to them how their victim dresses.

Well known cop out excuses used by lawyers to get their clients off the hook(2) she had it all on show. So what basically if a woman goes out naked has she written sex me now on her body? No. If she wears a belt for a dress she still has not said available for sex come and get it while i'm hot.

Common sense ladies, use it. Staying groups, always buy your own drinks and never leave them unattended. Never go off for a quickie with a warm drink induced fuzzy image of a stud. Don't walk alone at night. Check cabs are legit, try never to get into a cab on your own. Use your loaf and stay safe.

How many rapists said oh she wanted it, she/he gave out the signals etc. Pretty lame really and pathetic when a man or woman (and yes women rape too far more nastier if you could honestly compare the 2 both, as both are heinous) has to resort to making excuses for degrading somebody isn't it.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenoftheDamned

If a husband does that to his wife, it's probably because he loves her so much and doesn't want her to be raped.

B*llocks, your sick.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ack, I see I got forced into logging into BTS to reply.

I honestly would have put it here in the first place but ATS get's more exposure so....

Well anyway, First I wanted to just say this is NOT my advice. It's from an email I got at work this morning. Second, in reference to the .38 being enough comment.
I agree 100% but not everyone is comfortable with firearms so I thought this did have some useful alternative defensive measures.
The other comments from obviously immature posters will be ignored.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Same here Fry2 but I had to darn well re register due to possessing a long user name. WTF:bash:

Nice to have been warned a shift to another planet was going down.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A couple of years ago when I was still in college I experienced the trauma of a date rape.

I felt like damaged goods - became rather introverted, all I did was hit the books and seclude myself from social happenings.

It has only been in the last few months that I have had the courage to go back out on dates - I find myself dressing less provocative, wearing less make-up and shying away from anything remotely romantic for the first few outings with a guy.

Thank you Fry for posting this info - I hope others will see it and use it well ~

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I like girls who wear little or no make up. no warpaint please.

Sorry to hear that happen to you Intelgurl, that #er should have his balls dipped in boiling acid.

I think there need to be harsher sentences for rape.

Cause if someone raped my sister, omfg they better hope they go to prison caused I'd cut their face off and eat it.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One other thing and this is personal advice.

Use your keys!!! A few keys sticking out between your knuckles will shred someones face. It's tough to keep attacking someone with all of that blood in your eyes!!

Sorry to get graphic but rapists are the second lowest lifeform on the planet after child molestors. They deserve worse than death.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can't understand the animals which are men who could ever do this to a woman. I believe they should have thier eyes gouged out so they can never see another woman.

Bastards.

>> And some men like their women well padded.
Nothing is less attractive than a girl who is skin and bones. Giveme curves and breasts any day!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
#, When I become emperor of the world, Rapist shall be raped til they are dead, by my legion of Imperial Donkeys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join