It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Location Posts here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Post any place that is "haunted places" here.

Include place name, state, location, directions on how to get their.

This is a place to for people wanting to experince "haunted locations" so they can draw their own conclusions.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here is an example of what I am asking for.
also directions if you live in north carolina

greensboring.com...
www.byways.org...

here is a cool place close to me whre some people say that this is the Devils tromping ground. Their is other sites about thison the internet. they have better pics than these. The ones in this site of the stomping ground looks as if some one has made a fire on grass and what we see is what was left over. I will try to find more on this subject though. Please fell free to post any haunted or paranormal place and directions so that other people can travel and see these places.

[edit on 5pm2 30 200 by goddogo1]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Stanley Hotel
333 Wonderview Ave.
Estes Park CO 80517

72 miles northwest of Denver CO.

Straight up US 36 from Denver.

The Stanley Hotel

Very haunted place, this is where Stephen King wrote The Shining.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I watched the ghost hunters episode where they went to the St. Augustine Lighthouse and that place is definantly haunted. THe lighthouse tower has this little girl who cals for help and a black shadow man that stalkes and spies on the people when they are in the tower.

St. Augustine Lighthouse.

I live in LA and despite what they say I don't think there is anything significantly haunted there.

Waverly Hills Asylum is supposedly pretty haunted too.

Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana is pretty haunted.

My knowledge is limited to the ghost hunters show sorry.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
theshadowlands.net...

Shadowlands. Probably the best collection of haunted places I've seen on the internet. Lots of pictures and evps at the main page as well.

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I watched the ghost hunters episode where they went to the St. Augustine Lighthouse and that place is definantly haunted. THe lighthouse tower has this little girl who cals for help and a black shadow man that stalkes and spies on the people when they are in the tower.

St. Augustine Lighthouse.

I live in LA and despite what they say I don't think there is anything significantly haunted there.

Waverly Hills Asylum is supposedly pretty haunted too.

Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana is pretty haunted.

My knowledge is limited to the ghost hunters show sorry.

A link of what you are talking about would be nice

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
These places I've mentioned are well known in the paranormal circuits for being haunted. I unfortunantly don't have any links, but if you google Waverly Hills Asylum it will show up immediatly with links to paranormal sites. The place used to be a famous turburculosis hospital. Everybody during the 1920 who was sick with the disease were sent there, to get "treatment" which amounted to any psudoscience that they mistakenly thought would cure turburculosis. Because most of the stuff never worked they have over 65,000 painful death that occured in that building. People see people shaped shadows darting from one cooridor to the other or through doors. Creepy place.

The Mrytles Plantation in Louisiana is also very famous and any google search will find it very quickly. Even skeptics come back from that place believing. Since it was a civil war plantation there are ghosts of slaves in the slave quarters. A guy was shot and killed with a shot gun there on the poarch while stepping out. he ran back inside the livingroom went up the stairs and died in his wive's arms a few seconds later. People say they see his ghost both where he was shot and at the top of the stairs. Outside in the plantation grounds there are reports of shadow people darting through the trees and civil war confederate soldiers who were in a battle there and died are also reported.

Try googling the USS Carolina. It is a supposedly very haunted battleship. check out their website they probably talk about the ghosts on the ship.

Whish I had links or even knew how to post links,but I'm at work and don't have time to read the ATS manuel, sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm posting about the haunted Toys R Us in Sunnyvale, California. My friend and I have been out there a few times after hours to look thru the doors to see if we see anything inside.

It's definitely strange, the store is in a big strip mall and every other store and area of the parking lot is lit up after hours except the Toy's R Us. The parking lot around the building and the building itself are completely dark, the inside is lit up a little bit.

The first time my friend and I were out there something happened that convinced us. We were there about an hour just standing at the door looking inside, we'd go back from the entrance door to the exit door and aside from the signs hanging from the ceiling moving wildly sometimes, nothing caught our eye until. From the exit door we could hear a faint "Yabba Dabba Doo" like the Flintstones, every 10 minutes or so, after about 2 times of it being faint it would be a little louder. So after about an hour of this happening, we were by the exit door with our faces almost against the glass looking inside when all of the sudden Yabba Dabba Doo was shouted in our face right through the crack in between those two doors. It was shouted very loudly, we ran as fast as we could and jumped in my truck and were out of there. We went back during store hours the next day and saw that there is a Dino from the Flintstones ride near that door, which was making that sound but it was never nearly as loud as we heard it. We have since been back 3 times with different people at night and you can hear the ride make the noise but its never nearly as loud as it was that night.

I'm convinced something is in there, it really scared the hell out of me.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Lateralus]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
These places are good but I would be more interested in private home hauntings.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Clear Creek Metro Park

10 from Lancaster, Ohio right on Clear Creek Rd. off of U.S. 33 at the Fairfield-Hocking county line. It is said to be a favorite gathering place for witches and satan worshiping. I have not personally witnessed any of these activities here but have had credible people tell me some really good experiences they have had. My aunt was taking photos of the scenery and when she got home and viewed her pics, she found an appirition of a little girl sitting on the rocks next to the road. She was dressed in early 19th century clothing and wearing a bonnett. Little hard to se, but she is definately there. There is a large rock that hangs over the road. During the Halloween season, wooden staffs are placed against this rock y unknown persons. For what reason I don't know. This place is supposed to be very active. It is worth checking out.

www.forgottenoh.com/page1.html
www.metroparks.net/ParksClearCreek.aspx

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Barnsley Gardens, north of Atlanta, Ga. was once a private home, now a resort, and has a local reputation for being haunted.

It was built before the Civil War, on a hill which the Indians said was cursed......and by the time the war arrived, it was already the scene of various tragedies.

Many have claimed to have seen the ghost of Julia Barnsley, the first owner's wife, walking in the gardens at night. Others say they have felt cold hands on them in parts of the house. I personally knew the owners in the 70's, and have been in the house once or twice......in daylight, and saw nothing.

www.notatlanta.org...

Not sure if their site still mentions the haunting bit, it has changed hands a couple of times since being turned into a resort, but at first they used that as a draw.....

As a side note, there was a local medium that for years reportedly 'spoke' to Mr. Barnsley during seances......I did not get to witness any of those, but she was facinating to talk to.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I heard that Lorretta Lynns mansion in Tennessee is haunted.I saw a doc. about it.I believe her one son was killed in an accident there.heres a linklink

[edit on 12-2-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i know of one, that's Alices' Grave in Pawleys Island SC

it pretty renowned, and on the tourist attraction lists.
www.coastalguide.com...

scroll to the end, bottom entries; Alice, ghost of the Hermitage

but its best to visit the grave on a full moon, walk backwards 13 times around the grave, but your group or coven must be intent...and a whispy glowing ghost will appear.
* you'll have to believe me that i didn't read the 'Alice" information,
i'm just going with recalled personal experience & the locals customs from when i first encountered the phenomena when i was 21 years old

There's also a 'spectre' that comes around just before destructive storms & hurricanes, 'The Grey Man' or Woman, appears on the 'point' holding a lantern & that apparition signals us mortals that in a matter of hours. we are going to get slammed! again in the Georgetown + Pawleys Island SC areas

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Haunted Location: Bachelor's Grove Cemetary
Brief Information: Anomalies, orbs, mists, voices, inexplicable lights. Over 100 paranormal incidents. Famous "White Lady".
City and State: Chicago, Illinois
Photographs:

Explanation:

This photograph appeared in both the Chicago Sun-Times and the National Examiner. It was taken during an investigation in Bachelor's Grove Cemetery on August 10, 1991 with a group of GRS members. The picture is an enlarged black and white infrared shot taken of an area where many of the group noticed something unusual with some of the equipment they used. It shows a young woman sitting on a tombstone with parts of her lower and upper body being somewhat semi-transparent. The dress she is wearing is also out-of-date. It was taken by member, Jude Huff-Felz.

Official Website: Bachelor's Grove
More Info: Haunted Places in Chicago

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Great so far Keep up with the post, Try to list place that are not very popular and try to list locations of these places. Thanks for the people who have already posted.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
These places are good but I would be more interested in private home hauntings.

Of two private residences that I personally believe to be haunted, only one remains: the other has been torn down and apartments erected in its place, apparently (although I suspect the ghost would still be there).

The remaining house is still very much as it was when we lived there. Interestingly, the ghost I witnessed (full colour, completely 'alive' in appearance) was not an ex-resident. Instead, it was drawn to the house because of an item which had been recently brought into the house. The item had belonged to the ghost, we afterwards discovered.

The house was also host to a number of malignent entities which were present when we commenced residence. Other entities witnessed in the house were possibly not resident but rather were able (via some as yet unrevealed property of the house or land) to manifest. Others were sensed but not visible, yet were still very disturbing.

The place was a paranormal zoo. Nice house: terrifying experiences. It's located in Australia, so most likely beyond the bounds of all but a tiny percentage of investigators.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
here is some ok ghost stories of tennessee.

www.prairieghosts.com...
www.appalachianghostwalks.com...

these next places are in my home town. What is crazy is that this place is real.
but I have never had any experences their. Me and a friend use to go up their lots, becaus ewe head stories about what happed their. The preacher did hang himself, because he molested some of the kids. The rope use to stlii hang but I don't know now, havenot been their in some time.
www.strangeusa.com...
www.strangeusa.com...

just some weird stuff to look at

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I had a personal experience in college, and have related it on ATS before, but I recently found that my old Alma mater has lovely pics of the same house on the net. So I will retell it now, with some visual aids......Hopefully they won't mind.

www.berry.edu...

Catherine cottage was used as a combo classroom/dorm for the Home Ec. dept. We lived there 24-7, just like it was our dorm. We 'ran' the place ourselves, 8 or so students at the time, with a live-in professor......we were graded on how smoothly we ran the daily needs of our large 'family' through the week, but had weekends to do as we pleased.....stay there or go home.

One weekend our professor went to visit her family, leaving us to ourselves.
( we were a very well behaved group, no Animal House here!). I had returned earlier than the others, and curled up with a book while I waited for my house mates to return and share some blind date details! LOL!

It was not long before I heard them come in, climb up the stairs and stop just tantalizingly out of view. ( My room was at the top of the stairs, and from my bed I could see directly out onto the landing....the room and the landing were fully lit.) The school site provides a floor plan of the cottage:
www.berry.edu...

I thought they had detoured into the kitchen for a midnight snack, so I jumped up and started down the stairs with, "Hey wait for me! Tell me how it went!".....but when I got to the kitchen, the lights were still off. When I checked the front door, it was still locked, and my car was the only one in the parking lot.......I even knocked on the prof's door to see if she'd returned in the middle of the night, but she was not there.

Thinking I was nuts, I went back to my book. Just as I was getting comfy, the sounds and footsteps started again. They seemed to approach the landing and then fade away.....and then started again. That's about the time the 'alive' roomies returned and took in my 'tale' with some skepticism. But later when they had me relate my story to one of the elderly staffers, who'd been there 'back when'......she nodded her head in affirmation . Others had experienced the same thing that I had.

Berry has some other locations that show up on the 'haunted places' lists that FlyersFan mentions, but Catherine Cottage is not listed there. The school now rents out this and other cottages to visitors on the campus, so it would be possible for you to spend the night there yourself! Just be sure to take the room at the top of the stairs!!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i'm not from the US, and there aren't really many haunted locations where i'm from and if there are most of them are just plain hearsay. but anyway, i've found something related to this thread while browsing.

RealHaunts

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
i'm not from the US, and there aren't really many haunted locations where i'm from and if there are most of them are just plain hearsay. but anyway, i've found something related to this thread while browsing.

RealHaunts

Thanks Toreishi, where are you from? If you are not in the United States still put your countries haunted locations on here that would be cool to see other haunted locations that are non-us locations. Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join