It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to the 1/2 million Iranian's that live in the USA if war starts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What happens to the 1/2 million Iranian's that live in the USA if war starts?

With war looming in the distance between the USA & Iran, what happens to the 600,000 + Iranian Americans that currently reside in the states.

The group estimates that the actual number of Iranian-Americans may top 691,000 -- more than twice the figure of 338,000 cited in the 2000 U.S. census. According to the latest census data available, more than one in four Iranian-Americans holds a master's or doctoral degree, the highest rate among 67 ethnic groups studied

What safeguards will the USA gov't impose under the name of National Security?

The majority of Iranians living in the USA are considered well educated not to mention well respected and contribute a fair amount to society.

Iranian-Americans are far more numerous in the United States than census data indicate and are among the most highly educated people in the country

What fears will the US citizens with Iranian decent have to contend with? Many with high ranking positions in the workplace as well as education.

Iranian-Americans are also prominent in academia. According to a preliminary list compiled by ISG, there are more than 500 Iranian-American professors teaching and doing research at top-ranked U.S. universities, including MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Carnegie Mellon, the University of California system (Berkeley, UCLA, etc.), Stanford, the University of Southern California, Georgia Tech, University of Wisconsin, University of Michigan, University of Illinois, University of Maryland, California Institute of Technology, Boston University, George Washington University, and hundreds of other universities and colleges throughout the United States.

Money for taxes being made...

With their high level of educational attainment and a median family income 20 percent higher than the national average, Iranian-Americans contribute substantially to the U.S. economy. Through surveys of Fortune 500 companies and other major corporations, the researchers identified more than 50 Iranian-Americans in senior leadership positions at companies with more than $200 million in asset value, including General Electric, AT&T, Verizon, Intel, Cisco, Motorola, Oracle, Nortel Networks, Lucent Technologies, and eBay. Fortune magazine ranks Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of the board of eBay, the wildly popular online auction company, as the second richest American entrepreneur under age 40.

Would the 'powers that be' try 'herding' any one of these if not a majority of these citizens into some type of containment camp for trumped up security reasons?

Would they be allowed to?

Not trying to incite fear into any Iranian person living in the US, just trying to get feedback on what possible infringements these people may face in the future if it does turn bad in a hurry.

From what I have seen and heard from the past, it would not seem very promising to be in this ethnic group right at this point in time.

My hopes are that situations will not get that bad and things will remain relatively the same, but to be realistic, leads me towards total disruption.

Iranian Americans

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think they will have one hell of a party. One of the main reasons that there are so many people of Iranian descent living in the US is the same as the reason there is so many people of Cuban descent here. They are against the government that is currently in control of their homeland.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I think they will have one hell of a party.

Yes I imaging that watching their nation have the same devastation as Iraq will be a great reason for celebrating, also the death of their own people will be just to good to let go.

Incredible.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
JIMC is right. They arent here because they hate us. Theyre here because they hate what Iran has become. Did all of the Russians living here freak out during the Cold War? I dont think so.

And if they do become all trate that we are bombing Iran then thats their own fault for being stupid. Sure we'd all like to have wars where only the guilty suffer but that isnt life. Im sure youll see Iran using civilian buildings and hiding behind women and children like theyve done before. It shouldnt keep our military from doing its job and Id like to think that the majority of people have enough sense to differentiate accidental civilian deaths from intentional.

But I guess that would be ecpecting too much of people.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Not really what I was shooting for in the way of responses.

Will the USA impose another executive order like Executive Order 9066, which was carried out after the attack on Pearl Harbour.

Although this order was rescinded in 1976, and those detained were given some retribution for detainment ( 1980's ), could the current administration implement something along the same lines.

With 600,000+ people to deal with, what kind of outcome could we expect.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Not really what I was shooting for in the way of responses.

Will the USA impose another executive order like Executive Order 9066, which was carried out after the attack on Pearl Harbour.

Although this order was rescinded in 1976, and those detained were given some retribution for detainment ( 1980's ), could the current administration implement something along the same lines.

With 600,000+ people to deal with, what kind of outcome could we expect.

We absolutely wouldnt do that. Not with this enemy. If 5-10% of these radicals want to blow themselves up for Allah and we just go off and round all of them up like we did the Japanese we'll create even more of a reason for these people to jihad or whatever it is they do. Going into a country or two to clean out radicals is one thing but rounding up every muslim is definitely another.

I know the question was about Iranians but any thing done to Iranians will absolutely be interpreted as an action done toward muslims. At least by the ones who want to blow themselves up. Kinda like how shooting an armed black man by police is suddenly exemplary of the white mans utter hatred for the black man in the eyes of racial radicals like Al Sharpton or the New Black Panter Party.

All that and the utter shame of this nation for doing what it did to the Japanese. I doubt we'll ever go through that again. Unless the public becomes so afraid they "force" politicians to do it. Politicians do whatever the polls demand. In such a case its the shame of the people not the nation.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In the event of war,they will simply round-up all Iranian citizens based in the US and put them into 'camps'.
Okay, maybe a bit far-fetched??? Remember, this is Bush in charge, would YOU put ANYTHING past that NUTTER? OR Mr.Angry? (Cheney)

What SHOULD happen is; people should be given the choice of to stay in the US, or go 'home', before the main theatre of war takes places.
What should happen and what WILL happen when they go into Iran are two different things.

It's an absolute disgrace how the US handle these matters.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes I imaging that watching their nation have the same devastation as Iraq will be a great reason for celebrating, also the death of their own people will be just to good to let go.

Incredible.

Thats another problem with out country. When the first settlers came to the US they stopped being english, german, russian, italian, whatever and became AMERICANS! Thats why I cant stand the mexicans and other immigrants who refuse to integrate. those "Iranian-americans" are not Iranian anymore, they are AMERICAN!!!!!

Do you still consider yourself a peurto rican marg? Or an American?

In my opinion, your an American. People need to give up their loyalties to their ex-homelands otherwise we will never be a unified country.

Edn

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
thisguyrighthere if I remember correctly, Russians and communists in general were arrested and rounded up on occasions by the US government.

This war on terrorism has almost all Muslims watching there back because they don't want to be sent away for 20 odd years on no charge for being Muslim, I expect the exact same thing will happen with Iranians in the US. not that you'd hear about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
In the event of war,they will simply round-up all Iranian citizens based in the US and put them into 'camps'.
Okay, maybe a bit far-fetched??? Remember, this is Bush in charge, would YOU put ANYTHING past that NUTTER? OR Mr.Angry? (Cheney)

OOC, this is the way I was thinking.

What could or would anyone be able to do? In the name of Homeland Security, everything and anything can be deemed acceptable if the wrong people are pushing the buttons.

Scary stuff when you actually start thinking about all the possibilities, not to mention certain libertys that have already been squeezed.

Two more years is a long time.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Actually because race is an issue when you have to fill out applications and the census, I still have to select, "Hispanic" of "Puerto Rican oring" funny but no even our government will let that die.

So yes I am by race "Hispanic, or PRican orgin" and yes you are right we all either born or by residency or citizenship of the US, if we are choosing to live in the US.

In my opinion, your an American.

Well . . . now this one is true but because anybody that is born in the "Americas" are actually Americans by European standards, Asian standards, middle east standards and African standards.

Puerto Rico is considered "Caribblean Islands"

People need to give up their loyalties to their ex-homelands otherwise we will never be a unified country.

Well we can be loyal to the nation we were born too, like me, US, but I can not forget my background and heritage that is from Spain and due to my mother's Father Italian.

Those are links I can never shake off.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Interesting point Marg,

Actually because race is an issue when you have to fill out applications and the census, I still have to select, "Hispanic" of "Puerto Rican oring" funny but no even our government will let that die.

The government could be considered one of the main contributors to the an un-unified country.

It doesn't make sense to the 'average joe' ( me ) but there is probably an underlying reason for this, which in turn makes some people a lot of money.

Good point

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Interesting point Marg,

It doesn't make sense to the 'average joe' ( me ) but there is probably an underlying reason for this, which in turn makes some people a lot of money.

Good point

You have not idea what me and my family went through after "been selected" obligatory occurs by the new and improved invasive census.

They no only wanted to know your "origins" but also all the races you are linked too.

I had fun with that one.

Incredible.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hope this doesn't come out wrong, and if it does.. not meant to offend anyone.

But... being 'white' ( for lack of a better term, don't want to come off as predjudice, but didn't want to use 'all American' as I reside in Canada ).
I, as well as probably many others, don't realize or in my case even think of the hardships people from other lands must face.

Sorry for the crap you have to face, just to live in peace. Hopefully someday things will change and we will all just be citizens of Earth, or of the Reptoid Underground, whichever you may buy into.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

But... being 'white' ( for lack of a better term, don't want to come off as predjudice, but didn't want to use 'all American' as I reside in Canada ).

Don't feel bad, I made it better for my children . . .

When they were born I just check "Caucasian" in their birth certificate, taking into consideration that their father is at least half Anglo

With a very Anglo last name.
So far they have it very easy, my son was born in Hawaii so his teachers believe him to be half Hawaiian.

My daughter have no problems she is so proud of her Spanish background that in order to show that she indeed had Spanish roots . . . she colors her light brown hair black.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This administration didn't do that to the Iraqis living in the US for the war in Iraq. What makes you think they'd do it to the Iranians?

My bet? Nothing will happen from a governmental point/order.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

So yes I am by race "Hispanic, or PRican orgin" and yes you are right we all either born or by residency or citizenship of the US, if we are choosing to live in the US.

Hispanic or PR are not races. They are ethnicities. The same as Germans, French, and Russians are all of the same race but different ethnicities.

Want proof? Look at the FBI crime statistics. They no longer separate whites and Hispanics. They are lumped under the same category - caucasian.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Pfff as if the govt. would do that. Why are millions of Muslims in America still roaming free since 9/11? What about the Iraqis in America since the invasion of Iraq in 2003? Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about the Iranians that are not threatening us here. I would be on Hezbollah like white on rice, however.

www.washtimes.com...

Edit to add link.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

join