It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas and Chicago UFO's by Fox News

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I was surprised but Fox News just spent a "few minutes" and not just a few seconds on UFO's. They showed the picture of that orange looking object taken in Arkansas and they are saying that the military is saying it was flares but even they didn't think so. They also talked about the Chicago incident and Brian Kilmeade (Fox and Friends) said he thought they were real UFO's.

I do notice that lately Fox has been talking a little longer on this subject when it comes up and it has come up a few times this year.

It was talked about a little more seriously with a little less joking and laughing.

I believe this is a good time for everyone to keep looking up and trying to get pictures and get them on the News if possible for it seems to be getting to be a hot item right now.

Sorry about starting this tread mods I know there was something somewhere here but I couldn't find it.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Do you have the clip on video please or know where a copy could be please?

I want to watch! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I saw it also and they were actually pretty serious about it. Brian, one of the reporters even said that he thought it was a UFO and was talking about visitors from the milky way or something. The picture looked like different colored lights in the sky. They said on the news the military claimed it was flairs

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I SAW IT TOO.

I definately got the impression that Brian believes that it wasn't a flair. The others also seemed to disbelieve the new cover story.

(that flair cover story was hoaky!)

They spoke about wanting the Colonel to come on FOX and discuss it. I hope they can get him on. And I hope that he hasn't been visted by the men in black yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Didn't you know? This is all part of gradual disclosure on the part of the controlled media that is now underway. Just wait and see what happens in a couple of years or so.

However, you may not be able to see an alien addressing the US senate in a hurry!! But I think things have started to happen. Check out the programs on THC, Discovery, NG and so on. The frequency of programs relating to UFOs, alien abductions, cattle mutilations, etc, etc, have increased.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sometimes I cant decide if the spike in UFO sightings appearing on TV is credited to the news channels hunger to report everything and anything now days or if it is really coming to a head.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't know of any link, sorry.

I am going to have to check out a few other sites it seems that lately there are getting to be more reports from all states and countries lately.

I hope they do get this Colonel on but what surprises me is how we know Fox is censored and they let this get on.

Maybe things are going to get interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Although I'm no fan of WND, here's a recent article providing an explanation of the Arkansas lights:

WND

My question is, with 2M candlepower, wouldn't an observer see the smoke and/or the parachute as well??

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
with 2M candlepower, wouldn't an observer see the smoke and/or the parachute as well??

I'm not an expert in this .. but I'd think that the parachutes would be all lit up as well. Wouldn't the light be bounching off them?

I think the cover story of flairs is hoaky.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Flares? lol, that's total bull#. Like the guy above me said, the light would of been reflecting off the parachute canopy.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This Colonel was in the service for 32 years and has dealt with flares and he says they weren't flares. I wonder how long it will take the Military to get to him and shut him up, I wouldn't be surprised if his story changes.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Col Fields is quoted as saying "I did not know that such 'parachute flares' existed and never considered the possibility," Col. Fields told WND upon learning the reason behind the mysterious lights. "I am grateful, however, that the truth has been determined and those that may have been disturbed by this event will be able to rest."

If an F-16 pilot isn't aware of this type of ordinance, one has to question his ability as a pilot. Either he's lying about not knowing or the military is lying about the flares.

Don

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
Col Fields is quoted as saying "I did not know that such 'parachute flares' existed and never considered the possibility," Col. Fields told WND upon learning the reason behind the mysterious lights. "I am grateful, however, that the truth has been determined and those that may have been disturbed by this event will be able to rest."

they already got to him... that broadcast was nice. I agree with another poster, its probably a part of some gradual disclosure. Wait till were done with Iran then its on to ET!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
"I am grateful, however, that the truth has been determined and those that may have been disturbed by this event will be able to rest."

I smell ... the Men in Black ... someone definately got to him. I have no question in my mind at all. No one I have talked to, or heard on TV, buys the flare story.

Originally posted by Chaos Psyche
Like the guy above me said,

I'm a girl.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm from Arkansas. Where were the UFO's reported??

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I want to see it, sounds pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not just with this but I am beginning to wonder if something is up.
It seems that more sightings are starting to occur/being brought forth in the news.

I am trying to put things together and see if there is anything to this. I checked out the Earthquake IRIS and there are been some nice sized Earthquakes in the Molucca Sea then they discover this prehistoric shark and Old Faithful at Yellowstone has been having small cluster Earthquakes. Normally when something is about to happen UFO's begin to show themselves more frequently. I wonder if something might happen that they are waiting to observe/record.

www.iris.edu...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What gets me about the flare story is that they are saying they were dropped by A10's. The 188th fighter wing, which is what flies those skies, is in the process of converting from F-16's over to A-10's. The F-16's flew out not long ago but the A-10's haven't even arrived yet.

The wing currently operates F-16 aircraft with plans to convert to A-10 aircraft in 2007 as a part of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure action. Information about their operation can be found at www.arftsm.ang.af.mil/html/index1.htm.

Source

I need to dig a little deeper on this because I could be way off.

df1

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Earthquake IRIS

Perhaps you have the cause and effect backward. Ball lighting has been cryptically associated with earthquakes for quite awhile. It could be the earthquakes causing ball lightning which is what is being reported as ufos.

Ball Lightning Photographed
IEEE Xplore 2.0
Nature: Earthquake Lightning

Not debunking, just presenting another possible explanation.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
well, i dont know anything about the flares used by fighters to throw off heatseeking missiles, so if those dont use parachutes then i guess it doesnt suprise me to see that he 'didnt know they exist'

now, the ones we used in the field to light up an area at night so we could more easily see what we were shooting at, THOSE had parachutes and if you werent a grunt you might not know that. (this was before night vision was standard issue. and in reality, we usually used them more to train for the common soldiers task of "react to overhead flare" so we'd have a sense of realism)

and yes, when you're underneath them, you can clearly see the chutes as they drop...from how far away you can still see the chutes, i cant say.

COULD it have been flares...sure, its POSSIBLE. but that would mean that there was an army unit on maneuvers in the area, and if there isnt a training area near there then the PROBABILITY is pretty low if not nonexistant.

so, being open minded, sure, it COULD be flares but theres an equal if not better chance it wasnt flares. and if it wasnt....then what was it?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Damocles]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join