It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim's Are Not The Problem, You Are!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The Muslim religion, is just like Christianity, exactly like it in fact. What on Earth is these guys talking about you’re probably asking yourself?

Uh, yes,I am asking myself that question. Unless you want to equate fundamentalist "Christians" as being the model for what you are calling Christian, then I would seriously disagree with you.

Do I know which ones, specifically? Nope, I sure don’t

Okay, then you just defeated the whole premise of your argument.

Look,I am not one who thinks that all Muslims are bad, some actually are very good people, but you are not going to convince me that Islam is "just like Christianity" or like any other religion for that matter. It is not.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
well let me ask you all this question(s):

how many of you lived in a war zone? how many of you have been shot at, abused, tortured, raped by soldiers?

how many of you have been called terrorists because you made a bomb at home (you don't have airplanes or tanks) and try to defend yourselves?

if you had a choice to strike at the enemy with your home bomb would you go after to the teeth armed soldier, tank, airplane or would you rather strike the soft spot?

yes, they target civilians, because they cannot harm a tank... and I don't blame them!

OP is right, you are guilty... the ignorance, arrogance, hypocrisy and 'smart' cluster bombs are creating 1000s of new extremists every day...

[edit on 25-3-2007 by untilted]

[edit on 25-3-2007 by untilted]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's despicable to see people support the murder of children,women. The terriosts are sub-human scum,they must be destroyed at all cost.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
It's despicable to see people support the murder of children,women. The terriosts are sub-human scum,they must be destroyed at all cost.

ironic, you sound just like a terrorist describing any of his or her enemies...

are you for the iraq war? becuase there have been many civilian deaths, innocent women and children killed.

hell, by your logic the whole of the US army in WW2 is subhuman and should be destroyed at all costs.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Before you go off on a rant, you should know that anyone that would say such things about muslims would probably end up getting banned. So I don't know who exactly you're targeting. Second, while I don't see all muslims as terrorists and am expected to interact with people of all religions at the workplace, including Muslims... I will admit that I see their religion as something that encourages terrorism within their culture. One reason for this is statistical evidence, in the last 50 years the majority of terrorist activities, world wide, has been at the hand of islamic fundamentalists. No need to get things more complicated then they already are..

[edit on 25-3-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I do not hate Muslims. I do not hate Christians. I do not hate Atheists.

I do, however DETEST all 'terrorists' especially the home grown variety in positions of power (are you reading between the lines? get my drift?)

Excellent post SpartanKingLeonidas

[edit on 26-3-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

The Muslim religion, is just like Christianity, exactly like it in fact. What on Earth is these guys talking about you’re probably asking yourself?

Uh, yes,I am asking myself that question. Unless you want to equate fundamentalist "Christians" as being the model for what you are calling Christian, then I would seriously disagree with you.

Do I know which ones, specifically? Nope, I sure don’t

Okay, then you just defeated the whole premise of your argument.

Look,I am not one who thinks that all Muslims are bad, some actually are very good people, but you are not going to convince me that Islam is "just like Christianity" or like any other religion for that matter. It is not.

Christianity, Islam and the Jewish religion are all from the same source: Abraham - that is why they are defined as "the Abrahamic religions". By definition, there are many similarities.
OTOH, yes I would equate the fundamentalist Moslems with the fundamentalist Christians. I love the way people condemn "extremist Moslems" but cannot see that the same thing is happening right here in the U.S. The majority of the fundamentalist Christians want to form a theocracy here in America. They want to spread their intolerance of anything that isn't Christian. Seeing any similarities yet?
I've know many, many Moslems and I can't find anything bad to say about any of them. They are very community-minded, peaceful and neighborly. I cannot help but think that the ones on this board who are so anti-Muslim, have probably not known very many Moslems, and if they have, that they haven't formed any close relationships with Moslems. Also please note that these same people who are so anti-Muslim, usually have prejudice against other groups as well. All of which provides proof that they have alot of hatred in them towards anything "different" - proving that the problem is with them and their hateful attitude, NOT the Moslems.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Muslims... I will admit that I see their religion as something that encourages terrorism within their culture. One reason for this is statistical evidence, in the last 50 years the majority of terrorist activities, world wide, has been at the hand of islamic fundamentalists. No need to get things more complicated then they already are..

it just happens that islam is the primary religion in the area. if the area was majority christian we'd still have terrorism, it isn't a SPECIFIC religion that's the problem here.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think that there are few people who think that all Muslims are bad or that they support terror.

However, the comparisons that I see to the KKK are laughable. The KKK is a has been organization. They have less than a few thousand members and the most they can muster at this point is to occasionally annoy people by dressing in their robes and having a parade in some town that doesn't wnat them.

However there is popular support of Hezbolla, Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc. In a recent poll in England a sizaable percentage (like 25% although I'm doing this from memory) of the muslim popluation thought that the bombing of the world trade center was justified.

You still have marterdom operations. You still have car bombings. I'm not hearing an outcry from the silent majority of muslims that this violence has to stop.

You've written a post that was intended to be contraversial. Have fun with it.

There are over 1 billion muslims in the world. Even a small percentage supporting terror is not acceptable.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Before you go off on a rant, you should know that anyone that would say such things about muslims would probably end up getting banned. [edit on

The Slug-Fest Forum has certain leeway in what is posted, personal attacks are always off limits but if venting is to be done, it is best done here.

Mod Note: Slug-Fest Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's an article about Hamas encouraging children to become marters. If you think this is normal talk to some parents.

www.cnsnews.com.../ForeignBureaus/archive/200603/FOR20060308c.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">Hamas recruiting children to become marters

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here's an article about Hamas encouraging children to become marters. If you think this is normal talk to some parents.

www.cnsnews.com.../ForeignBureaus/archive/200603/FOR20060308c.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">Hamas recruiting children to become marters

again, not a problem with ISLAM, it's a problem with religion in general combined with many political problems

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
again, not a problem with ISLAM, it's a problem with religion in general combined with many political problems

Why not equate it as a flaw within man's understanding of religion instead of always saying it's a religion's fault? Religions are not alive, they cannot act. Man can and does.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why not equate it as a flaw within man's understanding of religion instead of always saying it's a religion's fault? Religions are not alive, they cannot act. Man can and does.

because religion is the easiest way for people to label "us" and "them"
religions have violence embedded in them.

christianity has many aspects, but let's quote the j-man here

Luke 19:27 (KJV)

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

christianity has war and intolerance built into it, hinduism has war and intolerance built into it, islam has war and intolerance built into it, judaism has war and intolerance built into it, norse paganism has war built into it, greek paganism has war and intolerance built into it, buddhism.. is the exception that proves the rule

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I started this thread last year and I am trying to get it going again. I do not see Muslim's as the problem, like I stated in the initial post. I see the extremism as the problem though. The fact that the extremists are within the rest of the Muslim's is also another problem. Do I think you should kick down the door of every Muslim to find the extremist's? Nope. The reason? Because that's a good way to get your fool head blown off.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You betchya. They are a problem for everone, including other muslims. Some folks ask why muslims don't come out and condemn the extremists. I am of the opinon that a lot of muslims are just as afraid of the terrorists as we 'infidels' are.

Some folks ask that. And then others ask those folks, "Why aren't you paying attention? Do you know how to use a search engine?"

All the information is right there at your fingertips. The trouble is, the people who ask, "Why don't Muslims condemn the extremists" are always, always people who are being facetious, who have already made up their minds, and aren't actually interested in niggling little things like "facts," instead using straw men to try to get other people to hate, too.

And then there's the other question, "Why should they have to?" Are you singlehandedly responsible for the action of every human being who is white, Christian, conservative, male, or America? Of course you're not. Muslims are the ONLY group that this standard is ever applied to. I've never seen anyone demand that Jews, as a whole, apologize for the actions of the Stern Gang. Nobody tells Christians that all of them need to step forward and condemn the behavior of the National Liberation Front of Tripura. There are of course Jews and Christians who do exactly this, of course, just as there are Muslims who speak out against their extremists. But only the latter group, the Muslims, are heaped with the demand that ALL of them, spend ALL their time, apologizing for what in actually is maybe, maybe a few thousand thousand or so people in a religion encompassing 1.6 billion.

it's a telling double standard.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

This is exactly why I started this thread in "Slug-Fest" because I was attempting to stir up the stagnant thinking of the people and let them open their eyes to what other are seeing and also see what else other people are seeing.

Thanks Mirthful Me.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I had originally posted this thread stating that "Muslim's" are not the problem. Well, that still holds true. It is not all Muslim's that hate American, but the extremists, and they also know how to stir the animosity of the other Muslim's for outsiders, or foreigners, or "infidels", which is what they consider anyone non-Muslim. This would be the same as religious persecution like during the Middle Ages where the Roman Catholics and the other churches fought over who was and was not going to Heaven or Hell based on their own beliefs. I remember a time not to long ago that Americans were saying negative things about outsiders here. Oh wait, that's still everyday here with racism and ethnic-haters.

Remember the "Spanish Inquisition"? That was religious persecution, and an extremist one at that. Do we all hate the Spanish or Roman Catholics for their extremist views? I think not. If that were so, then we should also be condemning any religion that has an extremist point of view that states negative things about any other religion.

All I had originally been intending was to make people think before acting. Acting based on false intelligence data makes you a fool. Don't be a fool. Yes, the extremists are very bad, and there are extremists in every single religion. I really do not need to name them all here. You go ahead and go for it if you want.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I agree with everything you say but what I don't get is why 'in my name', are Muslims labelled as terrorists but not other groups like let's say the KKK or the Zionists, so on and so forth?? Every comment I read labelled those Muslims who commit atrocities as terrorists but not other groups.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Originally when I began this thread I was drawing parallels to Christianity and Muslim religions. It is not "Muslim" or "Christian" religions, but the people within them, that teach hatred and "martyrdom" for causes and beliefs. Essentially said, you've got one religion or another looking for people who are depressed, suicidal, and gullible enough to believe almost anything.

"Muslim's" and "Christian's" have been at war since the Middle Ages, or more aptly known "Dark Ages" for the religious beliefs of one's nations and Kings. Don't believe Me? Well, I hope you paid attention during history class like I did, or anyone else who loves to read. Do you doubt what I'm saying?

Go read a history book.

I put the "Black Sabbath : War Pigs" YouTube there for a reason. If anyone knows the words to the song, Ozzy is talking about politicians starting the wars simply, "Because they can" and for money.

All war has ever been about is money, land, or power, or all three combined in some form or fashion. It's just made to seem like there's a "just cause" for it, like taking a dictatorial buttmunch like Saddam Hussein, or Manuel Noriega out of power. In war, it's called "posturing" (under B) for power. Where one idiot will stand on a hill and beat his/her chest and scream at the top of their lungs, "I have control of this hill and My pee-pee is bigger than yours" and then the other moron stands on the other hilltop and reiterates the same comment.

Basically it's a rather large game of "King of the Mountain." Then of course, you send other people, usually the poor and needy, who need desperately to feed their families back home, to war. How do you do this? Why by manipulating them through their religious beliefs and indoctrinated views to see the other "bad guy" on the other side of the battlefield as the "enemy" when usually they're just as scared as the soldiers trying to kill them.

That's not My belief system, but My interpretation of war through the understanding of war, the Art of War, war politics, and government period. Pick your government, and insert it here *IDIOT CONTROLLERS*.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join