It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(submission) Woman in PA woke up to 37 trees in backyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Woman in PA woke up to 37 trees in backyard! Almost humanly Impossible for someone to climb her tall fence and do it all themselves. Paranormal involvement? You decide. Unless the perpetrators had ALOT of help. It seems amazing that someone could do all this work themselves. Absolutely amazing!

sfgate.com
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - When Carol Lopez let her Labrador retriever out for the morning the dog had an unusual number of tree trunks to attend to. Surrounding her aboveground backyard pool Lopez found 37 used Christmas trees.

"I had just woke up and boom, they're there and that's it," Lopez said Thursday.

Whoever put the trees there apparently took their time, neatly organizing and standing the trees upright.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To me it seems very possible that maybe there was some sort of paranormal involvement, just because it seems like such a task to do alone. Why would anyone do this? What is the motivation? Paranormal or not? Has anyone heard any more about this issue or others like it. Besides, what's with the interesting positioning of the trees?

[edit on 13-1-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

[edit on 13-1-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

XL5

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe one of the niebhor's got tired of the dog pissing on their Christmas tree with the nativity scene under/beside it. Then on garbage eve, as all the people sleep and dream about the Christmas tree they had throwen out, some one got an idea!

I think its ironic vengence as the dog would have a hell of a time and the owner would have to go through the hassle and/or figure it out. Maybe/maybe not.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a prank. This can easily be accomplished by filling a dump truck with trees and dumping them in her backyard at night, or moving van, while people wait in her yard to stand them upright.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why would anyone think there is paramormal involvement in this? Sounds like a pretty good prank to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are groups of people who live for pranks like this. For example:

I read about a group of people a few years back that decided to pull a prank. They all dressed up like clowns and one morning waited on the bus. Not all at once, just a differant stops. The bus arrived and a clown got on and started reading the newspaper. At the next stop two clowns got on and one was listening to music while the other looked out the window. At the next stop another clown got on etc etc etc....they didn't talk to each other, just acted like regular commuters. Soon the bus was full of clowns and the driver of the bus pulled up to his next stop, jumped off the bus and ran away.

He damn near needed psychiatric help when they found him.....

I could see someone or a group of people deciding to freak out the pool lady with lots of trees.

Human beings are a strange lot...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

what's with the interesting positioning of the trees?

I must have missed this part in the article. what was the positioning of the trees?

To be honest I don't think it matters as i agree that it sounds like a funny prank. I bet the look on her face was priceless. I'm still interested in the position though.

apc

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't understand... how can anyone even suspect "paranormal" involvement in this? Maybe if the trees had all of a sudden grown to full height overnight out of nowhere... sure... that would at least provide a plausible basis for a possible paranormal explanation. But a bunch of used Christmas trees... come on.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Someone's letting her know they don't like Christmas, or her for that matter.
Poor lady. Rude prank.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
LOL!
I just thought of something.
Maybe she swims nude and they're letting her know they know it.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I read about a group of people a few years back that decided to pull a prank. They all dressed up like clowns and one morning waited on the bus. Not all at once, just a differant stops. The bus arrived and a clown got on and started reading the newspaper. At the next stop two clowns got on and one was listening to music while the other looked out the window. At the next stop another clown got on etc etc etc....they didn't talk to each other, just acted like regular commuters. Soon the bus was full of clowns and the driver of the bus pulled up to his next stop, jumped off the bus and ran away.

I Think We're all Bozos on this Bus!

I don't think this is on a level with Stonehenge or the Great Pyramids. I see no reason to suspect supernatural intervention.

[edit on 2007/1/13 by GradyPhilpott]

apc

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Aw crap... thanks for reopening old wounds!

Can't sleep... clowns'll eat me. Can't sleep... clowns'll eat me...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That was a lot of work for a prank. Maybe they are telling her she is very unattractive in a swim suit. I have a feeling it meant something. I would be very unhappy having to dispose of all those trees!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Its obviously a prank, people have bricked up doors into houses, completely repainted houses pink while the owner is on holiday, filled rooms with the foam balls you get in packages.

Its completely laughable that someone thinks this is paranormal.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
(sighs) Why shoudl it have something to do with the paranormal???

Can't people just use their BRAIN for coming up with rational explanations... like her neighbors have been playing a weird trick on her, out of resentment, possibly? You know, people DO make weird pranks sometimes...

[edit on 14/1/07 by Echtelion]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A bunch of bored kids or grown up pranksters pull of much bigger things then this.

Last year over at a building site close to here, 9 15 to 18 year old kids disassembled a 100 foot crane, drove it of to their school (which is in the middle of a rather busy part of town), used heavy forklifts from a nearby company (one of the kids dads owned that company and he had security codes and keys to the place) to put it on the roof of the school building and reassembled it, next morning the building site manager and the schools principal were standing outside in the schoolyard with dropped jaws just as people started to arrive.

When I was in highschool over a decade ago, we used forklifts to put all of our teachers cars on the roof of one of the buildings too, in the middle of the schoolday.

Trust me when I say its more then humanly possible to plant someones backyard full of christmas trees and for pranksters as simple as taking a pee.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
haha....i remember the best prank my friends and i have ever pulled was that we disassembled our neighbor's above ground pool, which they emptied all the water out of to change the blue tarp thing, then over night we parked my uncle's piece of crap/beat up Nissan in where the pool was, and then put the pool walls back up. can anyone say 2 for 1? we got my uncle and the neighbors. man were they pissed off. we got a great laugh out of it and got away too. can't wait for my senior prank at highschool.

all i'm gonna say is it invloves about 80 of us sneaking in chickens, and our school mascot uniform. gonna be great

and while i'm on the subject of school mascot, back in the day at Fort LeBoeuf High. (yes its where the old US fort stood in the French&Indian war) we had an actual bison as our mascot, and when it died they stuffed it and its in our hallway. its like 100 years old. someone stole it once and put it on the roof of the highschool of our rivals.

hopefully no1 from LeBoeuf reads this, man would that suck

Ex

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Did she swim Nekid or somethin??
LMAO.........
Maybe it was so scary they tried to help her out!

top topics

join