It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the AbovePolitics.com 2007 Elections for President of the United States!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well True American, I initially considered just throwing my support behind Pablo, but since I didn't see many of his T-shirts in NH, I will run.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Well True American, I initially considered just throwing my support behind Pablo, but since I didn't see many of his T-shirts in NH, I will run.

And as the carrier of the "Debate" flag, I look forward to debating you. Are you as good live?

*polishes shoes*

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

kk, good. Ahh, just reaffirm the party for us there, plz. Under which party...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I reckon I will run on the D ticket. I think this will be very interesting indeed

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
According to Wikie there is no "Independant" party, it's Reform,

Then why do Independents like Lieberman have an (I) after their name on
the ballots?? Seriously?
And the TV refers to them as being from the Independent party??

I won't get your vote.

Hey .. you said you could hear us groaning ... so I groaned for you.
(everyone keep their thoughts out of the gutter!)

BTW - no you won't get my vote. I am considering a grass roots movement for Americans to boycott the 'election' on the grounds that we don't want any foreigner trying to turn our country into a place like France.

Our ancestors left Europe. We are not Europeans. We are Americans. We don't want to be Europe. Non-Americans do not understand our spirit or our independence.

Therefore .. I am at this time considering a grass roots boycott movement of the election, or at least of those who are not American.

edited for spelling.

[edit on 1/12/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hehe, FF. That part was a little strange to me too, that non-americans will be allowed to run... I can just see it now...NR the Iranian winning the ATS US presidential election. HA. Or how bout Souljah?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thus FF you're not getting the point. You would vote against something that could be good for ALL Americans BEFORE hearing my platform. :shk:

That's the problem right now, partisan politics. Not what's good for everyone. In my campaign I will show a better way for the American people, one that they deserve and one that hasn't been open for them in a long time. See my slogan:

Say NO to the STATUS QUO

I'm offering a different option to the members of ATS.

You see me as a non-American. I AM NOT. I am taking my time and energy to show what could be GOOD for ALL Americans. Notice a theme here, ALL Americans. Not any political affiliation. Will you hear me out?

[edit on 12-1-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Who is this man posing as intrepid?

He talks like intrepid. He sounds like intrepid. He even smells like intrepid.

But what is that avatar? Who is this impostor?

Jokes aside, the Canuck's latest post makes perfect sense. I am on the edge of my seat anticipating a podcast on this issue, where two highly intelligent members are going at it for a debate. No pressure, only a nation hanging in the balance.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Why hasn't the Independent Party been included?

Is an Independant just that? An Independant? Do they have a "party"?

Good point, but they did win a senatorial seat in November...Joe Lieberman. And he was not the first Independent to do so. Now he asks to be called an "ID", but that's beside the point.

Edit: Bernie Sanders is also an I.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am likely to run Democrat, although I do not closely conform to either "party line" and as such may suffer for choosing to run with a major party.

On that note, I have a question about the primary system. Will we be running partisan primaries, where each voter may only vote in one party's primary, or will voters be able to support a primary candidate from each party?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey, I still need a VP running mate so any libertarian that thinks they are up to it, U2U me.

My Platform will be posted shortly. Im trying to narrow it down to get right to the point.

More from me to come. In the meantime, ANYONE who would like to share some views with me, feel free to U2U me. I am interested to hear what people have to say and why they feel the way they do.

Try to keep any U2U to the point, so that we can get right to the root of the issues rather then run in circles with semantics.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd like to thank all of you for enabling my stunning landslide victory.

A vote for Nerdling is a vote for the personal safety of you and your family.

Thank you.

p.s. accidents happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Aha, so now the man of multi blades deceases the long standing viscious avatar, and pares down to the corporate, likeable guy image. Very curious. Oops, sorry, wasn't supposed to notice this... Just messin with ya, and wish ya luck Intrepid.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Hey, I still need a VP running mate so any libertarian that thinks they are up to it, U2U me..

Just a reminder... running mates are not selected or identified until after the primaries.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Aha, so now the man of multi blades deceases the long standing viscious avatar, and pares down to the corporate, likeable guy image. Very curious. Oops, sorry, wasn't supposed to notice this... Just messin with ya, and wish ya luck Intrepid.

To quote a phrase, "The Man remains the same". To quote another, Queen, my favorite band, "Play the game, play the game, play the game."

I ask you TA, will you see my platform?

Side note: Better than either Kerry or Quayle, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

To quote a phrase, "The Man remains the same". To quote another, Queen, my favorite band, "Play the game, play the game, play the game."

I ask you TA, will you see my platform?

Side note: Better than either Kerry or Quayle, right?

Sure I'll see your platform, and evaluate it best I can, free from bias. Now if only this election could be held on the basis of platform, and not popularity, we'd be in biz.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Just a reminder... running mates are not selected or identified until after the primaries.

What do you mean? I am not allowed to select a running mater until after I have the candidacy?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS members. I am GrimReaper797, and I will be running for the Libertarian Candidacy. Many people often wonder just what does the Libertarian base stand for? Well in short,it is less restrictions on personal freedoms, and less restrictions on economical/business freedoms. Its more then that though. The founders of our country made it very clear what their intent was for the future of this country, and how it should be run. The Libertarian Party, above all others, is most in tune with the reasons this country came to be. I, GrimReaper797, believe that I can represent these views.

My main basis for candidacy will be to promote personal power. People have long given up on the idea that they make a difference. There is a difference to be made by each and every one of us. You look at everyone else and wonder what difference you make. We have all become so worried of what other people do and that we won’t make a difference, that we don’t do what we believe we should.

This is where the most change can be made, in the people. The biggest change in our society can be made by getting people out of the idea that their actions are inconsequential. Once you realize the impact of your decisions and your choices, you will realize your importance. This importance will promote the responsibility of people in America.

The most important part of Libertarianism is understanding why it works, and will work. It will work because of you. Your realization of importance will make it work. Hopelessness has brought this nation to its knees and the spirit of the American people is the only thing capable of bring this nation back to its feet. No laws or business power can overcome the will of the people. What’s democracy? Is it that choice you make on election day, or is it something more? Democracy is the people having the freedom of voicing themselves. Why does that have to end after you step outside the voting booth? Each one of you is supporting something when you spend a dollar. Everything you do, every action you make, is a part of your voice. Let your actions speak your views. Stop caring what other people are doing. If everyone is too busy trying to see what everyone else is doing, nobody will be left to act and nothing will ever get done.

Overall my main view is to put money in your hands and let YOU decide what you believe. Do you believe in healthcare? Well then let us give you the opportunity to prove it. Put the taxes into your hands and let you have your voice back. That’s what democracy was meant to be after all wasn’t it? To voice yourself, however insignificant they may think you are. Let your voice be heard. From the voting booth to the cash registers, let your voice be heard.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I will not be running, but this is so freaking cool. I cant wait to see how this is going to play out. There are alot of angles to it. Very cool!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Looks like I get to exspose the Republican and Democratic supporters with common sense. Make sure all you right wingers keep your ear stuck to the E.I.B. network for your talking points from Rush and Hannity. Great brain dead fun idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join