It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft to cut swastikas from software

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have contradictions about saying that it is good, I do believe it is good as you say it, as a positive icon!

But as what has been bestowed upon it is evil doings, persecution, genocide etc which I do not feel are good things to pursue!

I do not want people to beleive I am evil, even though i do not!

Its definitely is one of the major controversial signs I know!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay, okay, sorry people.

I thought I'd just point out that it was an interesting find. I'm not THAT serious about the Microsoft-Nazi connection anyways....

It's a coincidence then, alright?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
excuse me if this already been said in a previous reply but i cant be arsed to read every entry...

isnt the swastika a jewish religous symbol that was taken by the nazi's and inverted/reversed? my family has got an old hair-pin dating back from before WWII with the original symbol on it before it was used by the nazi's.

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by innkue]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh Christ! Let it die! People have this ignorant misconception that the Nazi regime is the only group that utilized the Swastika. Can we say Tibetan good luck charm? Or Buddhism?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A symbol of power ? maybe...

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by Salem]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

A symbol of power ? maybe...

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by Salem]

Wow, I had a dream about that....Someone else must have too! I knew that man was evil!

Thankfully, it was really buggy, and didn't work. And thankfully, by the time they have the bugs worked out, they'll release world domination 2003, which will start the whole process over again...

[Edited on 12-23-2003 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Check and Mate, Mr. prank Monkey...

Great illustration....

Here's a little snippet from the original article....

"A form of the swastika has been used in the Buddhist religion to symbolize the feet or footprints of the Buddha. The symbol, which was also used widely in the ancient world including Mesopotamia, Scandinavia, India and the Americas, became common in China and Japan with the spread of Buddhism."

If it was intentional, it would be a rather lame expression, don't you think?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join