It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Cloud Moving Toward Houston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Breaking on MSNBC

A large chemical cloud is moving from Sugarland TX towards Houston; Houston residents told to shelter in place, schools evacuating.

No links yet. Will update when possible. If anyone can confirm, that would be helpful.

Good grief - what in heaven's name is going on???

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok, this is starting to get really strange. What are the wind directions there currently? Could this chemical cloud have caused the birds in Austin to die earlier?

This is truly getting freaky.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh my word!!!!

what a day!!! accidents? coincidences? what is going on?? If this is physcological warfare, I'm not liking it. going to help you look for links now, but I believe FOX just mentioned it as being in Sugarland Texas.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Police shut down 10 blocks of businesses in the heart of downtown early Monday after dozens of birds were found dead in the streets, but officials said preliminary tests showed no dangerous chemicals in the air.

www.cnn.com...

According to them there is no connection to the dead birds. Thats strange

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You've gottta be #ting me!!!!

Do you think this has to do with the dead birds? NY? Miami? Iraq? Israel?

this is flippin nuts!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Ok, this is starting to get really strange. What are the wind directions there currently? Could this chemical cloud have caused the birds in Austin to die earlier?

Niteboy....I think there was a chemical leak at some plant in Sugarland that happened within the last couple hours. So, I would assume the two events are not related.....

However, today has been mighty strange.....

link   
GAS in NYC. Bunches of dead birds in Austin. Miami with C4 device. And now a gas cloud going towards Houston?

Are we in the Twilight Zone or is this a taste of what is coming? This can't all be coincidence. Are 'they' testing something?????? What the heck is going on????

link   

What are the wind directions there currently?

Winds are coming from the West at 3 MPH in Houston

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No dice on an Austin link, at least not directly according to maps.google.com

Sugar Land, TX is about 24 miles southwest of Houston. Austin is about 162 miles northwest.

Possible, but a little less likely by those figures (IMO).

Still strange...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
According to them there is no connection to the dead birds.

Yeah .. just like that C4 device in Miami doesn't have anything to do with yesterday's 'incident' ?? I'm not buying it.

Something the hell is up! And 'they' know.

I betchya 'The Situation Room' in the White House is JUMPING today!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yeah .. just like that C4 device in Miami doesn't have anything to do with yesterday's 'incident' ?? I'm not buying it.

Alright, alright. I was just saying what CNN said. I think this day is very odd too

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Very unlikely that the birds in Austin and the cloud going towards Houston are connected. Austin and Houston are pretty far apart, and the winds are not going the right way.

Still no independent verification (from non-network sorces), but stories are saying some sort of leak from a plant in Sugarland moving towards Houston.

Updating: Nalco is the chemical plant, 5 Sugarland schools are sheltering in place, some sort of tanker truck is being watered down (i.e. "contained") at Nalco. They're not sure what's in the cloud, but it's "fairly large" and is drifting N/NW towards Houston. Nalco Energy is the plant.

Today is one very interesting day...another truck involved, the two Miami issues (yesterday and today), NYC, dead birds in Austin...I am at a loss to think this is all coincidence. Not sure what else is going on, but I sincerely doubt it's coincidence.

Regards-
Aimless

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Aimless Searcher]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
[Alright, alright. I was just saying what CNN said. I think this day is very odd too

Oh goodness .. I wasn't yelling at YOU!
No .... I was saying that CNN was freak'n stupid to think we'd buy that line. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't think I was aiming that at you. I wasn't!!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aimless Searcher
Very unlikely that the birds in Austin and the cloud going towards Houston are connected.

I wasn't saying that the Houston cloud was causing the birds to die .. I was saying that the fact that something big happened in NYC, then Miami, then Austin, then Houston (etc. etc.) .... the fact that it's all happening today seems to me to be connected.

Not that the Houston cloud is connecting to CAUSING the bird deaths.

Just that the events are all connected. IMHO

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah Ethalyne Diamean..(sp?)....?? A odd gas leak huh..Everything is changing 2007 seems to be a dark year.

It all sort of consists with the metaphor in the bible...a woman in labor...as the actual birth giving comes closer the contractions are more frequent. Everything does seem to be faults of mankind not actual nature but these events will effect other parts of globe. Perhaps they're just accidents that only pertain to present time not a whole influx of events.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
here's the link to this story coming out of Sugarland, Texas.

Chemical release at plant in Sugar Land

Major plumes of white vapor can be seen rising from the Nalco Energy Services plant near Highway 59 at Highway 90. It seems a tanker truck is venting a product in the plant. It's unknown what type of substance is involved.

We do not know if there's any hazard to nearby residents. According to Barbara Brescian with the City of Sugar Land, residents in five surrounding neighborhoods are being asked to shelter in place, turn off air conditioners and shut windows. The names of subdivisions are Brookside Belknap, Hall Lake, the Hill, Mayfield and Venetian Estates. Residents who are adjacent to these subdivisions are also asked to shelter in place.

There's a video with this article, if I find more I'll post it.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I work in Sugar Land and all I see is smog. Nothing smells at all.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, I work in Sugar Land and all I see is smog.

Do you have a camera? Take a picture of it.

What color is it? Did they ask you to take shelter?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It looks like smog. I just went to the grocery store over by there and it just looks like really bad smog and no smell.

Peace

p.s. sorry, I gots no camera.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It looks like smog. I just went to the grocery store over by there and it just looks like really bad smog and no smell.

Hmm...weird.

Stay safe

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join