It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here actually seen Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
....with your own eyes. Without a shadow of a doubt. Real good look at him fairly close to know it was for real and not a legend or hoax? How can you prove to me he is real? I'm somewhat a believer, but am still a little skeptical. I've been reading the "recent sitings" over at BFRO for years. I love a monster story. Some of them really creep me out, especially when written by military personnel (lots of them). I wanna see one, but don't know if it's a waste of time looking........ I know 2 people that claimed they had Class B (or is it C?) encounters. These are honest to goodness, trustworthy guys too....no BS types.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ATS has several members who claim to have seen a Bigfoot, I happen to be one of them. I've told the story several times on the board and even made a podcast on the sighting. I've also filed a report with BFRO.

You ask how I can prove it to you and the simple answer is I cannot. I don't feel the need to prove my story to anyone. I know what I saw, I tell the story to those that will listen, whether or not they believe is up to them.

Having seen a Bigfoot though puts me in the position that if anyone else claims to have seen anything, I cannot tell them they didn't. If someone tells me they saw a UFO, not a problem, I saw a Bigfoot.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I've told the story several times on the board and even made a podcast on the sighting. I've also filed a report with BFRO.

Where's the link to your story?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here is a link from a pod thread started by Zedd. In the first podcast is Zedd talking about his encounter with a Bigfoot, a few posts down you will find my podcast about my encounter.

The Zedd show 03

I believe Majic had an encounter as well, but I could be wrong. These things were discussed awhile back.

I hope this is what you are looking for,

wupy

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Here is a link from a pod thread started by Zedd. In the first podcast is Zedd talking about his encounter with a Bigfoot, a few posts down you will find my podcast about my encounter.

The Zedd show 03

I believe Majic had an encounter as well, but I could be wrong. These things were discussed awhile back.

I hope this is what you are looking for,

wupy

Sorry, but I'm a bit out of sync. I've never done a podcast ever. I don't do iPod's (or even cell phones for that matter).

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You don't need an ipod or anything else to listen to a podcast. Just go to the thread and click on the link and there is a good chance it will play. If it does not i'll go ahead and tell my story here.

It was late, I had dropped my children off at their mothers. She lived in Jonesboro Arkansas at the time and I live in fayetteville. I had just left a town called Salem and headed back into the Ozark forest. There was a clearing on either side of the road of 15 to 20 feet before the woods started. I was the only car on the highway and had my bright lights on. Up ahead I noticed a tree that was right beside the road and it got my attention because it was out of place. Then that tree turned around and walked back towards the woods. It was a Bigfoot. It was tall, walked on two legs and really burly. The hair was matted and nasty looking but in all fairness it had been raining that day so maybe it was just wet. The windows were up so I didn't smell anything but it was a really brief encounter. It was slipping back into the forest just as it went out of my highbeams.

I hit the gas on the old hoopie I was driving and wasn't about to slow down. I kept looking in the rear view mirror to see if it was chasing me. Silly thought but I was in an all out panic. The car I was driving topped out at 80 miles an hour and thats a good thing cause if it had been able to do 160 I would have wrapped myself around a tree. I did not slow down till I was in the bright lights of the next town I came to.

I tell people this story and they say they believe I saw SOMETHING. but I know what I saw that night and it was a Bigfoot.

I can't prove it, I don't need to. I know and thats enough for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I can't prove it, I don't need to. I know and thats enough for me.

Cool! I saw a shadow demon 11 years ago on my bedroom wall and it was totally for real. It's the only supernatural/unexplained thing that's ever happened to me. Some people are skeptical when I tell them, but a few believe me. I have nothing to make up, it really happened. So, I guess I have to take your word.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You don't need an ipod or anything else to listen to a podcast. Just go to the thread and click on the link and there is a good chance it will play.

It gave me this message:

Not Found
The requested URL /atsxpodcast_756.mp3 was not found on this server.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you saw a shadow demon than all I can say is tell me about it. I've never seen one and would probably jump out the window if I did.

When you actually have an encounter with the supernatural or really strange it makes it easier to listen to other people on the issue, simply because you've been there yourself.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
It gave me this message:

Not Found
The requested URL /atsxpodcast_756.mp3 was not found on this server.

Zedd must have removed the podcast. If you scroll down a bit you will see my podcast. right click on the file and save to your desktop. Then when it's saved you can right click on it again and click open with and choose windows media player and that should work.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was born and raised in the woods on a reservation in North Carolina. Cherokee. For some reason, although I believe it was a dream, I 'saw' such a thing early in the morning when I went to slop the hogs.

I remember it as a dream but have always been compelled to believe this exists. I was a sensitive child and just remember feeling as if he felt shame that he let a child see him. Like he knew it wasnt cool, would be scary.

I wasnt scared though because he submissively and as I mentioned, almost shamefully moved away from me into the woods. I only saw him/her from behind and it never looked back.

Maybe I wasnt scared because it was a dream. No TV's were on the rez so I dont and didnt have the imagination to make him up, which is the only reason I feel I wasnt sleeping.

I wasnt scared, slopped the hogs and thinking back... never felt the urge to even mention this to my granny and paw paw (raised me). Perhaps out of fear of getting different chores I chose not to mention it. Slopping the hogs and gathering the eggs was MY job! I wouldnt have compromised that. That job was 'glamorous'.

Kids! Who knows. If you wonder if some of us believe they exist... I do. But not because Im convinced I saw one. Just always felt a connection there since.

Once off the reservation and around the media, I exclaimed, 'Hey... thats what I saw one morning'! while watching TV. Then learned of ' Big Foot'.

He seemed sad, withdrawn, unhappy, like a man would if in hiding because of some hideous malformation. Thats what I was left feeling. I feel sorry for 'them' if they do exist.

And if they do, have to give them credit for being smart enough not to get caught... who the hell would chose this society if we could avoid it.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
I wasnt scared though because he submissively and as I mentioned, almost shamefully moved away from me into the woods. I only saw him/her from behind and it never looked back.

This is one area of Bigfoot sightings that always jumps out at me. In many of the reports i've read the person reporting has said it did not look at them, just walked away.

The same thing happened when I saw one. It turned around and walked into the woods and did not once look in my direction.

This one consistant event in many reports from many differant places is what always sticks in my mind. If it can avoid it it will not look at you.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If you saw a shadow demon than all I can say is tell me about it. I've never seen one and would probably jump out the window if I did.

When you actually have an encounter with the supernatural or really strange it makes it easier to listen to other people on the issue, simply because you've been there yourself.

I told it here about a year ago when I was under another name. I can't find the damn link. But to make a long story short it happened 11 years ago, after I had an 8 year relationship come crashing to an end (I was cheated on and had my heart broken). It happened the first night I was alone after kicking my ex out. I had fallen asleep, and at some point felt conscious, could see my room as it looked with the light coming in slightly around the windows. I knew I was dreaming (kinda) but couldn't wake up. Something opened my bedroom door and I thought it was the cats, but then I remembered I always close the door to keep the cats out. These "things" began crawling around on the floor near my bed. One jumped up on my bed and was kinda cackling. I could only barely see it out of the corner of my eye. It looked like a ball of rot! It wanted to bite me but couldn't for some reason. I lay on the bed frozen. It left. At some point the door burst open and this being (as tall as the doorway) stood there and stomped over to me and leaned into my face. It screamed and it's face had no features. It was like looking into swirling blackness. A dying star. I know I was super pertified. Scared witless. I knew I was not fully awake, but it felt like I was inbetween perfect sleep and fully awake....like a twilight. When this thing screamed in my face I woke up. I opened my eyes, sat up immediately in bed, and looked straight ahead to the big blank wall with only my bedroom door to the right. There right in the center of my white wall, with enough light to see because dawn was starting to stream in, was this large hooded, cloaked figure outline of a man. It went almost up to the ceiling. It's hood was pointed. It had eyes, that looked like cutouts to the wall. It had arms, but it's cloak-shape showed no legs. I freaked and thought "This isn't real. No way." I remember thinking, "Now Bob, you are totally awake." Completely awake and conscious. I remember I rubbed my eyes cause I couldn't believe what I was seeing and that quickly it moved from the center of my wall over to the doorway and was gone. I had the distinct feeling, it did not intend for me to see it and it did not want to be seen. It moved so quickly when I acknowledged it was real. There was a little more to the story, but this is the basic gist of what I experienced. I believe I was having some form of sleep paralysis but when I woke up I saw what I saw in reality. It freaked me out and I'll never forget it.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks. Now i'll have nightmares tonight

At the beginning of your description I thought it would be sleep paralysis, which i've experianced once. After reading it thru I had the willies climbing up my spine.

I love reading about stuff like that but I have no idea why, I'll have to have a night lite going for sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I love reading about stuff like that but I have no idea why, I'll have to have a night lite going for sure.

Well, the experience made an indelible impression on me that I'll always carry around. The supernatural is real, and I know because I experienced something that I can't explain, that's for sure. I've had sleep paralysis from time to time to. What's weird is I mainly had it only when I was with my ex.....and some creepy one's too. But this particular one I related to you was much more. I was awake. I remember, it was 5:30am on a Sunday morning and it scared me so bad I was afraid to get out of bed. My phone was on the night table and I picked it up and called my Mom (I was 32 back then). She was kinda upset that I woke her at 5:30am on a day that she normally sleeps til 10. I told her what happened and what I saw. Her response, "It's Sunday morning, maybe you should go to church." LOL! I had not been to church in years. Needless to say, I did go that day. I was so freaked out. Scared the living crap outta me. I know you probably think I'm whacked, but I slept with a crucifix the next night. This thing felt so dark and sooooooo evil, that's what was so scary

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'll have to have a night lite going for sure.

If he saw a shadow, are you sure that's the best idea?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've seen a Bigfoot... or Yowie as they are called here in Australia.

Here is the thread i started about Yowies

And here is my account. It is registered on the Australian Yowie Hunter's database as well. A link to my audio testimony is in the topic i linked to above.

A friend of mine's house backs onto a reserve in which strange stuff has been happening for years, it is a local urban legend if you want to call it that. It is a few hectares of bushland surrounding a billabong (Australian slang for small murky lake) and i really don't know why developers hadn't baught it up and destroyed it yet. Pets dissapear regularly from the houses surrounding it, and the wildlife and herritage mob find dead kangaroos (mutilated sometimes) in and around the reserve when they do their inspections also.

One night about 11:30 pm a mate and i were walking back from town (went for a food run because we ate everything back at his place haha) and we came to the far side of the reserve out the back of his house. Anyway, a small dirt track (and i mean small, like a metre wide then you hit a green bush wall on both sides) goes through it from the town side for about 2km, and comes out about a street away from where he lives, and it was late and we decieded to take the track to save time going around the reserve.

He was telling me about all the strange noises he hears at night from inside the reserve, like gutteral yelling sounds (could be put down to Koalas i guess), scratching on his fence and cries of animals in pain etc etc and that really got me on my nerves as it was already. About halfway down the track we heard something moving through the bush on our right side, but had no hope of seeing it. We stopped, and it stopped aswell. We kept going and the sound came back, a mild crashing noise, probably about 20 or 30 metres away just keeping pace with us. Then the smell hit. A rotten smell of death basically, like you would smell if you left roadkill through your house. That was enough for us and we made a runner down the track, the noise effortlessly keeping pace until at one point it sounded right behind us, my mate was infront of me and looked over his shoulder. I'd never seen a more scared face in my entire life, so i looked back aswell and what i can only describe as at least a fridge-size thing covered in fur was coming down the path at about 30 metres behind us. As you can guess we both let out screams and ran twice as hard until we made it to the street. We ran accross the road to the closest streetlight and stood under it to catch our breath, watching the bush. We saw whatever it was stop at the edge of the bush on the track and wait for a few minutes, then it turned and went back in.

We made it back to my mates house and spent the entire night awake listening to make sure we were safe. It was the scariest night of my life... and as you can guess we havn't been back in there since. Still see the odd article in the local paper about animals dying and going missing.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've never seen "bigfoot," but in Afghanistan, my grandparents saw two of them in their village. In Afghanistan, they are known as the "Shadee Mardekeh Muyeh Syah," which literally translated to the "Black haired monkey-men." They were known to come from mountains and kidnap children. When hunters looked for them, they only found animal bones and fur. I first thought the stories my grandparents told me where supposed to be like the "boogey man" stories, like "If you don't eat all of your vegitables, the shadee mardekeh muyeh syah will come and get you." But my dad's parent's (my other grandparents) would tell me the same story, which now makes me believe they were telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is my first post to ATS - and my only real "brush with the unknown":

During the Summer of 1978 when I was 15, my family (total of 7 people - 2 adults, 5 children ranging in age from 9 to 17) drove a motor home from Florida to Alaska as a Summer Vacation. Our route was to take us across Country to California and then North. Having decided to drive "round the clock" most of the way there and back - it was decided that the 3 eligible drivers would take shifts with one other person in the passengers seat as a "Navigator" - My assignment as Navigator (since I could not drive) was with my 17 year old Cousin.
One of the shifts my cousin and I were assigned was the midnight to 6am shift that would take us from Northern California well into Oregon. We were experienced travelers and the family had taken driving trips around the US, Canada and Mexico since I was 9. I had visited every State in the US except Hawaii and Alaska by this point in my life.
We were traveling on a 2 lane mountainous road in Orgeon around 3 am, we were the only vehicle on the road and had not seen another car for a couple of hours. My cousin and I were making small talk (trying to keep it down becuase everyone else was asleep) when we rounded a turn....something large and dark at the edge of our headlights (my side) LEAPT out of the Ditch at the side of the road. Both my cousin and I screamed and he instinctively swerved into the other lane to avoid this thing. As we passed this thing (15-20 ft. from me) it turned and I assume leapt back into the Ditch/woods. It was hard to see any details as we passed because we had a light on inside the cab but it was DEFINITELY standing erect and had a head, shoulders and arms..and was HUGE - The most vivid memory that has stayed with me from this was the sight of its right shoulder and arm as it turned while we passed it.
The screaming and commotion woke everyone up and we were well down the road before my mother made us stop the vehicle. My mother was concerned that there might have been an accident and that this might have just been a very large man needing help...it was my argument that if this were the case that he had asked for it the WRONG WAY..but over our protestations she took the wheel as we went back to the spot where the incident occurred. A VERY quick inspection of the "Ditch" showed no signs af any accident or sign of the "thing" - what was interesting was that this "Ditch" was actually a steep sloping bank down to a water run-off or small stream and was a good 4 plus feet deep. No MAN could have made that LEAP out of this ditch.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Gatorfan1. That was a cool post. So far i've enjoyed all of the postings on this thread. WTG folks

<<   2  3 >>

join