It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you really want from aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
On this forum, we get a posts everyday from people who would give their
all to get conformation of alien life on this planet, but many dont really know why.

So what do you expect from them when/if they ever get here?
Is it spiritual awareness?
Is it their supposed advanced technology?

If we could go back in time and show ourselves to cavemen, apart from them
being wowed with our new fangled gadgets, there would be nothing else we
could show them that would change their lives in anyway. Maybe being able to hunt better but that surely would be it.

So why does anyone think that just because an alien race has lived longer than us they would be able to guide the way spiritually?

We're no closer to answering the questions of life, so why would they?

I think after the initial shock of them arriving, we will quickly be aware that
they probably dont have that much to offer us.

What do you want from them?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Not one reply?
Maybe i should have just posted a crap ufo vid from youtube, instead of asking a question.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I want to know what they know. I want to know the truth about humanity, all that stuff in the past that seems a mystery, their technology, lives and how they work. I would like to know volumes of things about their wildlife, their planet, what else is out there, what they make their craft from, how it works. I want to know if they've really been in with our government, and what're the lies.

Satisfying?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You didn't really expect to get rave reviews with that sort of leading question did you? The undertones of your post are certanly bordering on the ridicule associated with what I consider to be 'true skepticism'. With all the atrocities that are taking place in the world today, what's the harm in looking to the 'heavens' for some sort of relief? Help is definately not forthcoming from the television set or door-to-door crusaders. Some poeple are simply holding out hope that there is some good somewhere in the cosmos. Maybe that hope is the lifeforce that keeps some of us going from day to day.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i want ealien life to explain them selfs why they introduced religion or why they didn't act on it when they did see that the coming of them in that time period was sparking superstitions and started believe systems which are currently holding us back and are the no. 1 reason of masacres and deaths through out the centuries.
I like them to stop the ill and corrupt systems of christianity , islam ect. for that those stories in the koran and the bible are based on there visits. or from a race of other aliens. Why they didn't interfere or why they didnt stop them earlier and waited to last moment when it was allready to late.
(there was a battle of the gods on earth as spoken in old documents and scripts, one of the reasons was that one was interfering with the normal way of evolution of our species and was alterting our timeline to comfort the alien space race.)

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
1. who built the pyramids and the sphinx

2. who killed jfk

3. did mars ever suport life

4. is there life under the ice crust on europa

5. what killed off the dinosaurs

6. how long have you been visiting us

7. are there war-like aliens out there trying to conquer the galaxy or is it simply part of nature to evolve into peaceful people once technology reaches a certain lvl (im referring to the theory that any culture able to evolve and survive long enough to achieve interstellar space travel must be peaceful otherwise they would have destroyed themselves long ago)

8. is there life after death

9. how was our moon formed

10. is bigfoot and the lochness monster real

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I would like to know what they're homeworld(s) looks like, their culture, their history

That's if they exist of course...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What would i ask?
here is my answer:

I want to know
the strange and the unknown
the light and the dark
what is below
and what above
bearers of the knowledge
of the stars

i want to be like you
i want to be God

Listen to my plea
listen to my passions' calls
i want to lift
i want to live
i want to achieve immortality
future, past or forthcoming
i need to travel
i need to learn

i want to be like you
i want to be like god

I am a soul
i am a traveler
i search for the light to light my path
to be unearthened from the shaddow,
the dark
te charioteer of the fates
and the planets moves
i want to move the heavens
and the moon
to change the tides
river's and sea's

I want to be like you
I want to be God

You, Creators
Creators of my image of yours

I don't know how to create soul
still i take spirit away
i want to create
so to pity my mistake

I feel alone
and you away
the time is nigh
and you ,still, away

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just want to know what their agenda is...

could show them that would change their lives in anyway. Maybe being able to hunt better but that surely would be it.

Are you kidding me? We could show them language, how to live past 30, agriculture, and other advances of civilization.

Assuming a benevolent motive (and I don't), there is much we could learn from a more advanced civilization, apart from "gadgets"....

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I want to know

1) how they come to earth.
2) how to travel in outer space
3) what spaceship technology they have
4) planets with any life form

I want them to

1) spread any alien technology globally without interference from government or organization
2) teach humankind how to use telepathy properly without breaching others privacy.
3) teach humankind how to be in alien society

oh well..

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I want funding...pure and simple.

Just lay on those alien-government research grants and I'll get down to business.

Oh - and a van with U.S. Government plates would be nice as well.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Nevermind, forget my poem above

I would ask them to get ride of all rotten politics that rule our world
Call it a wish,
but its a fair wish

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

On this forum, we get a posts everyday from people who would give their
all to get conformation of alien life on this planet, but many dont really know why.

It's because the greatest thing in life is to make contact and know we are not alone like the skeptics claim.

So what do you expect from them when/if they ever get here?
Is it spiritual awareness?
Is it their supposed advanced technology?

I don't want one single thing from them and nor do I wish to change them to be like us in any way. I'm joyful just to know they exist.

We could teach them to fly.

So why does anyone think that just because an alien race has lived longer than us they would be able to guide the way spiritually?

They can't teach us about real spirituality because it's too advanced for our minds to comprehend. So they guide us with manifestations of good and evil. We create religions from the manifestations they made to guide people. For instance Enoch was abducted thousands of years ago by human-looking aliens in the same way that millions of people nowadays are abducted, and he created religious books from what they showed him. The problem is they show different things to every person they abduct because our senses cannot perceive the reality they live in only their abstract astral creations which change readily to suit the occasion. Like when the woman was pushed or sucked out of her car into a spaceship and when she thought how bald their heads were they instantly manifested full heads of hair to please her.

We're no closer to answering the questions of life, so why would they?

I've spent years with them and they've shown me great amounts of secrets. The trouble is that we are an inferior life form. It's like trying to teach a dog how to use the internet. No matter how much they try we are limited by our own inferior human vessels.

I think after the initial shock of them arriving, we will quickly be aware that
they probably dont have that much to offer us.

What do you want from them?

No that's wrong. They have the greatest things in the universe to offer us. But we are like monkeys that only want more bananas.

They take me to other worlds and show me great wonders. They show me the future and release me from all my cares. They are the greatest thing there is, generally speaking. They are the gods and goddesses in a new form that's all. They've always been with us changing form throughout the ages.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
All I want them to do is end this conspiracy they allow to continue. Its not just our governments covering it up, they do their part too.

I've seen enough UFOs, and recently something extremely odd in my house, to know that they're here and doing something clandestine and possibly subversive to our existence.

I am certain it is within the power of these beings to stop this nonsense once and for all and end the secrecy, but as of yet they seem quite content to let us stumble in the dark.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

I am certain it is within the power of these beings to stop this nonsense once and for all and end the secrecy, but as of yet they seem quite content to let us stumble in the dark.

Last night an insect alien came into my room and spoke to me. I complained about the alien secrecy and she said "That's the name of the game". So she was saying that secrecy is their main objective. I posted what the alien said straight away this mornin but it was sent to the joke section in bts instantly. The mod thought it was a joke it seems. but it was not a joke to be with that insect alien I can tell you. Most people would die from fright I believe.

But I agree with you that the secrecy is annoying, and that's why I complained to the alien about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GazrokAssuming a benevolent motive (and I don't), there is much we could learn from a more advanced civilization, apart from "gadgets"....

If UFO's are of extra-terrestrial origin, which I believe, then their behavior is logical. A revelation of their presence would probably destroy our society and stop our scientific progress.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

If UFO's are of extra-terrestrial origin, which I believe, then their behavior is logical. A revelation of their presence would probably destroy our society and stop our scientific progress.

Brookings report conclusions aside, we can look to terrestrial examples to show otherwise. For example, the introduction of technology to formerly primitive tribes, to see how modern ideas and items can coexist with ancient rites and beliefs. Ever see an aborigine dancing a tribal dance in jeans? I'd hardly say they were "destroyed" or stopped in their progress.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thinking about what WE want is not the correct question.

If aliens were proven to exist I strongly believe that humanities horizons would expand without limits.

It would reignite our passion for exploration.

It would allow us to realise that we are not special.

The possibilities are really endless.

Its not about what WE want, rather where we will be able progress.

Discovery would certainly tear up some solid roots, but the paradigm shift would change our entire perception of existence.

It is essential that if this happens, it is taken as a positive step forward. Knowing that we aren't alone could possibly result in unprecedented unity throughout the globe.

If an announcement was made and such breakthroughs were taken in a negative light, I would be ashamed to be of this species.

Before you say that they may be hostile consider the following:

1) As we document space, we are finding that we are no where near unique as a planet. Many of our natural resources would be highly available at a number of locations throughout space, especially if you could get here in the first place.

2) Our environment would likely be very hostile. There would be many other options to choose from if you could tolerate hostile environments.

3) Considering the above points, why would you want opposition?

4) Many of the reasons for war, whether we like it or not involves resources and space limitations. Space is so large as to be effectively infinite. If you wanted resources or a new home you would not want opposition. Besides its just rude!

The list could go on forever. Just think about it a little. IF aliens were to come here my best guess would be that they were studying life. I highly doubt any long term accomodation would be in mind even if certain actions could be considered hostile. In time I'm sure they would just dissapear but into the unknown.

This is just my opinion, though I'm sure many of you can see from where I'm coming.

I guess time will tell. I personally think the world would be a much better place if more people cared what was around them, and not in their pockets.

IF, as some people speculate, some humans already know of the existence of alien life then I would bet my bottom dollar that the reasons for secrecy revolve around fear and greed.

In fact information on extraterrestrial life could quite likely already be in the science journals. My memory is a little rusty but there does exist a microbial species on the planet that is specifically designed to withstand radiation levels we find on Mars. If you have a solid knowledge of evolution, there aren't many explanations for such an occurance. Catch my drift?

[edit on 5-1-2007 by seenitall]

ORB

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The TRUTH

that's all

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Probed, no offence if you're telling the truth but theres a reason it was sent into the joke section I'm sure.

I thought you were joking at first as well going by the first few lines.

Changing your wording would certainly help thats for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join