It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was searching through the internet for more information on the Bosnian Pyramid and I cam across a really neat video. Apprently its the first documentary on the entire pyramid complex and includes commentary from Osmanagic and other experts. What I found interesting is that they found a very large underground tunnel complex inside the main pyramid and possible writings. Heres the link video.google.co.uk...

I think you may have to copy and paste it...well enjoy!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They're downplaying the tunnels now, and a lot of folks at the site and who visited the site say the writing rather suddenly appeared one day at a spot where there had been none before.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is that so?....hmmm thats to bad....But I really think there will be something to this whole ordeal....at least I hope so..

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I live 7 km south of the town Visoko (it is located in the Bosnian valley of pyramids). I didn't visit the pyramides yet but i've seen them when I drove bye. With my own eyes i saw two, the Bosnian pyramid of the Sun, and the Bosnian pyramid of the Moon. As i heard on TV there are five of them.

They look like the pyramids in the Amazon, and nobody knows who built them. The biggest problem is the dirt (a layer 40 cm thick) which covers the pyramids. Because of the thickness of the layer, the geologist assume the pyramids are from 8000 to 12000 years old.

The teams measured the sides of the pyramids and the results show equal side triangular shape with each side measuring 365 meters in length and a 60% angle.

Deep in the tunnels under the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun, expert miners from the nearby Tuzla mine, who were the first to explore these underground areas, found ventilation holes.

One of the leading Egyptian pyramid experts, Ali Abdallah Berekat, geologist at the Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority, confirmed that the stone blocks excavated on the Visocica hillside – Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun - are not natural, but man-made creations.

Here are a few pictures:

picture1
picture2
picture3
picture4
picture5

Here are some links :

Bosnian Pyramid
An article on msnbc.msn.com
Bosnian pyramids

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The biggest problem isn't that there is dirt on them, its that......there are no pyramids there.

Its a hill. Hills are often wide at the base, and narrow at the top. Thats similar enough to a pyramid for people to make a mistake.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thats similar enough to a pyramid for people to make a mistake.

well people didn't make that mistake for hundreds even thousands of years before Osmaganic came along and started making money off other Bosnians gullibility
one of his earlier claims was that the pyramid was built by locals assisting the aliens and the space travelling mayans and that 42% of the workers left behind still lived in the area meaning bosnian moslems

so not only is it rubbish but seems sam also doesnt care for anyone in bosnia expcept other muslims
if you look at who he has actually employed at this site you'll soon see the same thing in action
so its not a pyramid for bosnians
its just a pyramid for muslims

whens America gonna wake up and ship him off to guantanimo

truthisfreedom are you a moslem ?
how about you alfa_mental

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't think anyone thinks that it was built by muslims. Even by the most outlandish presentations of Osmaganic's theories, that it is a result of atlantic, clearly rules out muslims having built it, since muslims didn't exist until 700 AD, and they are claiming this thing pre-dates egypt.

I HAVE read him saying things like 'bosnians can be proud' because of this, and, if it were true, sure, it'd be a generally fair statement. There've been lots of migrations and movements of people through that part of the world, and surely the population there right now is pretty different from the population there 6 thousand years ago, but just as surely there are still some connections. I don't think that there is a single pyramid there, but if there was, bosnians could be proud of it.

As far as the charge that he only employs muslims, what are you basing this on? Have you been to the site?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
heres one example of Osmaganics idiocy

The primary anomalies (Visoèica and Pljesevica mounds) exhibited flat, triangular sides, aligned in NSWE directions

Sam Osmaganic

how would you now judge his statement

"All four sides are identical and match the points of the compass, facing north, south, east and west.
These findings have been borne out by satellite, thermal and radar analysis, geological, geodetic and topographic investigations. "

Sam Osmaganic

1) a lie
2) a delusion
3) misguided

heres another example of his staggering lack of knowledge
another glaring mistake is his claim that because they are aligned to nsew they are the same design as mesoamerican pyramids and are believed by orthodox thought to be aligned to the transit of venus which is the basis for the now famous olmec/maya calendar
Mesoamerican pyramids are not ever aligned to the nsew
him basing Visoki on Teotihuacan is a case in point
here is a layout of that city

as you can see it isn't aligned to the cardinal points at all
considering Mr osmagogovich's claim to have spent 15 years studying mesoamerican pyramids you thought he might have known that
anyone wanting to have another look at Osmaganics complete fabtasy world can do no worse than to read the archaeology.org article on his beliefs and claims
www.archaeology.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
regarding to the "money which osmanagic makes":

this has also been a topic to several TV interviews on local TV stations (FTV,OBN,Hayat) where the guest was Osmanagic and he brought documents that say that "All the profit from the tourists visits to the site, selling of souveniers,donations etc., goes to the
Archaeological Park Bosnian Pyramid Of The Sun Foundation fund and it is used to pay the workers who work on the site, experts who do all of the research etc..."

@marduk:

People called einstein,tesla,newton,galileo,da vinci crazy so does the artical on archaeology.org call osmanagic. i dont say that he is as big as they are, but that their is a small line betwen being a idiot and genius

one of his earlier claims was that the pyramid was built by locals assisting the aliens and the space travelling mayans and that 42% of the workers left behind still lived in the area meaning bosnian moslems

this is a serious topic so please be serious.

i'm a muslim but i have a question:
What the hell does that have with the pyramids in bosnia?

The topic here is not "Who is a muslim on ATS?" but "Bosnian Pyramid Documentary".

On 1:2

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

this is a serious topic so please be serious

this is not a serious Topic
and
this is not a pyramid
and the world of Archaeology is laughing at anyone who thinks it is

how do you reconcile the lies that Osmaganic has told so far with being serious
we're all still waiting for the Unesco team to visit that he claimed back in June would be arriving shortly
surprsingly this followed this claim he made back in january and is still displayed on the official Bosnian pyramid site

2010 Constantly declare the Visoko valley with the pyramidal complex the most meaningful monument of cultural-historical inheritance in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Install a plaque on the plateau of the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun on which UNESCO declares this archeological park a world heritage site

www.piramidasunca.ba...
here is the search page at the official Unesco web site
portal.unesco.org...=29008&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html
Just type "bosnian pyramid" into the search box and it will tell you everything they have planned for this venture
if you can't be bothered to check that then heres what it told me

Your Query: bosnian pyramid - 0 results

then try and tell me to take this pipe dream seriously
or shall we look at the international team of archaeologists who are supposedly working at this site a press release from the official pyramid spokesman dated 18 Jan 2006

Thanks to the interest of archeologists from the entire world, activities are already in progress on forming strong expert teams of the Project. Participation has been confirmed by the following archeologists: Grace Fegan, a leading Irish archeologist, Royce Richards from Austria, together with other archaeologists from the University in Innsbruck, Glasgow and Ljubljana.

whereas Grace Fagan mentioned as a leading Irish Archaeologist stated

I also received phone calls from two British journalists enquiring as to the nature of my involvement in the project. These gentlemen were kind enough to inform me that I was listed on the project website as being one of the 'foreign experts' taking part. When I logged on to the website I found that I was listed as Senior Archaeologist, Kilkenny (I am the senior archaeologist for the firm in which I work, but not for the entire county of Kilkenny!). Most worrying of all was a link through which people could supposedly contact me. When I clicked on it an email address came up of which I had no previous knowledge and to which I had no access.

that press release also mentioned Royce Richards apparently an archaeologist from Austria
he has since stated

Its all a big load of b******s. The “Bosnian Pyramid” is just a shonky attempt by a shonky person to make a name for themselves, its not something I want to be involved with. Its quite annoying as I now get random emails from all kinds of kooks expecting me to be an authority on Bosnian pyramids!! The damage this will do to my professional reputation is yet to be seen..........!

and shoul you ask a local Bosnian team of Geologists for their opinion you would get this

8 May 2006, 15:30 (GMT+2:00) : Tuzla (FENA). Professors from the Faculty of Mining and Geology at the University of Tuzla, acting members of the Geological explorations team that did geological studies of the Visocica hill near Visoko (the locality of an alleged Bosnian pyramid), presented today at a press conference in Tuzla the final results of their research completed at the request by the Foundation "Arheološki park Bosanska piramida sunca" Visoko. The team leader Professor Dr. Sejfudin Vrabac said that they have concluded that Visocica hill is a natural geological formation, made of classic sediments of layered composition and varying thickness, and that its shape is a consequence of endodynamical and egsodynamical process in post-Miocene era. According to Professor Vrabac who specializes in paleogeology, there are dozens of like morphological formations in the Sarajevo-Zenica mining basin alone. The Geological team report on Visocica, based on the data collected in six drill holes at 3 to 17 m depths, is supported by the Research and Teaching Council of the Faculty of Mining and Geology, as well as the Association of Geologists of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

did you get that bit
just in case you missed it this team who were actually hired by Osmaganic concluded
Visocica hill is a natural geological formation
take it seriously
Its a comedy
at some point for the people of Bosnia
its going to become a tragedy
they are already the laughing stock of the archaeological world
Osmaganic will make history though
he'll make history as a con man who made millions out of a country that needed to believe something but never thought to check the details
you ask

What the hell does that have with the pyramids in bosnia?

why don't you go ask Osmaganic
he made that statement back in February
its a good example of just another one of his lies
wake up and smell the coffee

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa_mental
Archaeological Park Bosnian Pyramid Of The Sun Foundation fund and it is used to pay the workers who work on the site, experts who do all of the research etc..."

Lets just be clear, that means that it is paying Osmagnic.

The guy has to be paying his bills in some way. Any project like this requires a large amount of money, and apparently he isn't getting funding. There is no way that he is doing it without collecting money, and some of it must be going to pay his own bills.

People called einstein,tesla,newton,galileo,da vinci crazy so does the artical on archaeology.org call osmanagic. i dont say that he is as big as they are, but that their is a small line betwen being a idiot and genius

THe distinguishing line between peopel like einstein and newton and osmagnic is that they were able to demonstrate, via rational consideration of the evidence, that their theories were correct.

Osmagnic doesn't seem to be able to actually demonstrate that there is a pyramid there.

marduk
this is not a serious Topic

This certainly is a serious topic. Its entirely possible that people in that part of the world could've built pyramids, after all, people in other parts of the world did. Its not a 'silly' idea that should be rejected on the face of it. True enough, we can reject it after consideration, but only after sensible and serious consideration.

Anyone can say 'its not a pyramid silly'; that hardly makes it meaningful.

As far as osgamic, I think that the people that support him and his ideas need to start presenting some evidence, or interpretation of evidence, supporting there being a pyramid, and also explain Osmaganic's odd behaviour and apparently false statements.

The burden of proof, at this point, rests on the shoulders of the supporters.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

This certainly is a serious topic. Its entirely possible that people in that part of the world could've built pyramids, after all, people in other parts of the world did. Its not a 'silly' idea that should be rejected on the face of it. True enough, we can reject it after consideration, but only after sensible and serious consideration

I disagree
considering that the claims for this Pyramid is that it was built around 12,000bce by space travelling mayans I think it is decidedly unserious.
the cast of characters involved with the "Archaeological Park Bosnian Pyramid Of The Sun Foundation" certainly doesn't sound like a drama.

the only serious thing about it is the deception and the lies perpetrated by the self styled hollywood indiana jones style non qualified archaologist Osmaganic

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
so not only is it rubbish but seems sam also doesnt care for anyone in bosnia expcept other muslims
if you look at who he has actually employed at this site you'll soon see the same thing in action
so its not a pyramid for bosnians
its just a pyramid for muslims

whens America gonna wake up and ship him off to guantanimo

truthisfreedom are you a moslem ?
how about you alfa_mental

Errr...What does that have to do with anything, and why should he be shipped off to guantanamo for being a muslim???
I'm sure you ment this as a joke, but it's really quite offensive... The former jugoslavia is proof if anything that muslims, christians and others can live together in peace even after a horrible war and mass murder instituted by evil politicans looking to pick a fight.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think this Osmanagic guy is geting a bit ahead of himself. Some of the claims he make are too bombastic for most people to swallow at the current state of the excavation. I think there is definitely something there, as you can all see in the documentary, but there is not that much evidence to support all the details he is claiming.

I have some bosnian friends and they are understandably very excited about this find, but at the same time a bit sceptic about the person presenting it, so IMHO the jury is still out. Hopefully they will start up the excavation again soon and we will know once and for all if it's just a mountain or if there is a pyramid under all that dirt. I'm keeping an open mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This certainly is a serious topic. Its entirely possible that people in that part of the world could've built pyramids, after all, people in other parts of the world did. Its not a 'silly' idea that should be rejected on the face of it. True enough, we can reject it after consideration, but only after sensible and serious consideration

I disagree
considering that the claims for this Pyramid is that it was built around 12,000bce by space travelling mayans I think it is decidedly unserious.
the cast of characters involved with the "Archaeological Park Bosnian Pyramid Of The Sun Foundation" certainly doesn't sound like a drama.

the only serious thing about it is the deception and the lies perpetrated by the self styled hollywood indiana jones style non qualified archaologist Osmaganic

O really? can you prove that this is not a serious subject? Deception and lies? why do you think this? The only person lying is you dear sir. And when did your opinion make such a difference? You disagree. Oh big boy. i bet your mums proud. Sir would you kindly present your evidence of disagreement? i wonder what bad experience in your child hood has made you so quick to judge such a topic.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

O really? can you prove that this is not a serious subject?

in future you're probably going to regret that you didn't read my previous two posts on why this is not a serious subject
as it is you just showed yourself to be extremely ignorant of the facts
even after they have been explained to everyone else

IMHO the jury is still out

no the jury returned its verdict sometime ago shortly after the geological team that Osmaganic hired to prove it was a pyramid said its just a hill

I'm keeping an open mind

don't keep it so open that your brain will fall out
Osmaganic has been excavating for over a year
and so far he hasn't produced one solid piece of evidence that this is anything but natural. he released as book proclaiming it was a pyramid before hed so much as lifted a single turf
imagine if the great pyramid of Giza was buried under a soil
how long would it take to prove it was there
ten or fifteen minutes ?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

no the jury returned its verdict sometime ago shortly after the geological team that Osmaganic hired to prove it was a pyramid said its just a hill

Yeah, but is this also just natural formations?

I'm not really trying to support this guy, but it looks like you are really out to debunk him. So I was wondering about some of the things you claim he has said. Nowhere in the documentary does he say anything about aliens helping to build the pyramid or that there are desendants of the original builders living there still. What are your sources on these claims? And also, the statements by the "fake archeologists", do you have a source on that?

Now don't go monkey over this, just clearify it for us.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
hnn.us...

The hill was the home of the medieval capital Visoki, it had also been occupied by the Romans and Illyrians. There's even Neolithic flint scatters on the hill.

it was a fortified hill the home of King Stefan who is a very famous Bosnian figure
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
so the fact that some of the structures excavated are not natural is hardly surprising
but Osmaganic is deliberately cutting back the natural bedrock to make it look like a natural wall in some areas
and in others he is destroying things that don't look pyramidal
hes using Jcbs to excavate when they should be using a brush and a trowel
en.wikipedia.org...
this wiki page will tell you all you need to know about Osmaganics beliefs

The Maya inherited knowledge from their ancestors at Atlantis and Lemuria (Mu). Cities were planned and built around the main square toward which the pyramids and temples were turned. They communicated with the movement of the Sun and the paths of other heavenly bodies... Many cultures around the world, from India, Sumeria, Egypt, Peru, the Indians of North and Central America, the Inca and the Maya, call themselves the 'Children of the Sun' or the 'children of light.' Their ancestors, the civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria, erected the first temples on energy potent point of the Planet. Their most important function was to serve as a gateway to other worlds and dimensions.

laughable

see what hes saying is that they were inter dimensional and intergalactic travellers but they needed to make a pyramid out of rocks
thats like saying someone is a fully qualified brain surgeon but prefers to use tools made out of wood

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hm.... Well this is disturbing to say the least. I do remember thinking, when I saw the documentary, that they were not really very carefull in the way they did their excavation, as you said, with pickaxe instead of brush. I can understand why some archeologists say he is destroying the real historical finds here. Well in that case this is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern time, and I can't understand how he thinks he can get away with it?
You think that when people are THAT determined in their work, that there is really something there? Oh well, I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
Hm.... Well this is disturbing to say the least. I do remember thinking, when I saw the documentary, that they were not really very carefull in the way they did their excavation, as you said, with pickaxe instead of brush.

"Not very careful" is an understatement. He's using backhoes. He doesn't map the site out (as an archaeologist would), and the photos show that he understands very little about what he's digging up.

I can rant on and on (but won't)... I belong to a state archaeology socieity and have gone on a couple of digs. His methods are basically that of a backyard treasure hunter and not that of any researcher.

There were some skeletons, for instance, that have conveniently disappeared.

I can understand why some archeologists say he is destroying the real historical finds here. Well in that case this is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern time, and I can't understand how he thinks he can get away with it?
You think that when people are THAT determined in their work, that there is really something there? Oh well, I stand corrected.

At issue is that he made it a point of national pride. The Bosnian economy is very poor, and they've suffered a lot of division (and in their own minds, marginalaztion.) Now this guy comes out of nowhere and announces there's huge pyramids there AND that the proud and noble Bosnian people had advanced civilizations long before the very famous Egypt... and to prove it they built pyramids larger than Egypt or Mexico's pyramids.

To a culture hungry for income, tourists, and something to make them "equal to the rest of Europe (or even above it), he was a hero. His ideas are embraced by many average people of the area.

Outside Bosnia, his ideas are "proof" to people who refuse to believe conventional archaeology and history that either aliens helped build the Earth or that there were great old civilizations with technology far beyond ours that managed to destroy themselves (the cycle of rebirth theory), etc, etc.

Osmanagic denounces and tries to scapegoat any scientist who disagrees with him. He's had a history of "borrowing" scientists (putting their names on his project and saying they worked with him when in fact they don't) and with having some very questionable "scientists" prove his theories (Hawass and other Egyptologists soundly denounced Osmanagic's "egyptologist" -- although Osmanagic claimed the man was sent by Hawass, Hawass said that niether he nor anyone else in Egypt sent this guy to Osmanagic and there certainly wasn't any proof that the guy knew a thing about pyramids.

We can go on and on... check out the stuff at www.hallofmaat.com... for some additional rants and so forth (lots of them) by archaeologists and egyptologists.

It's not just jealousy. He really is a fraud who's destroying sites to satisfy his personal meglomania.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
@marduk

Visocica hill is a natural geological formation

Now it is a natural geological formation...

quote:
The hill was the home of the medieval capital Visoki, it had also been occupied by the Romans and Illyrians. There's even Neolithic flint scatters on the hill.

it was a fortified hill the home of King Stefan who is a very famous Bosnian figure

...and now all those blocks were man-made ?!?

I think you should make up your mind and decide what the hell it is.

Lets get some things cleared. This is what I think about the whole thing.

If it is a pyramid, GREAT, tourisam would hit the sky, we will have tourists from all over the world, and our "hunger for money" will be fed. But if it is not a pyramid, if it is a medieval fortification made by the Romans or Illyrians, then Sam O. will officially be a lunatic, who lost the fight which he fought against the "archaeological world", BUT still the tourisam would hit the sky, and the same thing would happen if it was a pyramid. So really you see I dont give a sh** what it is, as soon as it helps my people.

But if you say that all those blocks were not man made, all those pathways were you clearly can see the bricks in it, than my dear friend, you are really blind.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by alfa_mental]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join