It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reference To Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Mabrouk on a very informative post bodrul, the videos are a nice touch, I shall be checking out more in time.
My mother has taught me alot about Islam and it truly is a beautiful religion when practiced and understood for what it is and teaches

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i am glad that you find this topic helpfull

its nice to know this topic is helping people

i will be adding more contents when i have spare time
so this topic hopefully will cover almost all aspects of Islam

[edit on 4-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well everyone have a seat and let me tell you where I went last year. I went to Eygpt. It was a whole new world to me. Though I didn't know about this Isalm at the time. I do admit Muslims are dedicated to their faith. But I'm not a muslim. I did try reading the Koran but to me it seemed so foriegn.

But I don't like this one rule Convert or die? Why is that? What if someone converts from Islam to Christianity? Perhaps this Islam isn't what its cut out to be.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Well everyone have a seat and let me tell you where I went last year. I went to Eygpt. It was a whole new world to me. Though I didn't know about this Isalm at the time. I do admit Muslims are dedicated to their faith. But I'm not a muslim. I did try reading the Koran but to me it seemed so foriegn.

But I don't like this one rule Convert or die? Why is that? What if someone converts from Islam to Christianity? Perhaps this Islam isn't what its cut out to be.

If you convert from Islam to any other religion; at best you will be spat upon by your "brothers and sisters" at worse you will incur the death penalty which is still law in some Islamic countries.
(Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Sudan, Afghanistan, Mauritania, the Comoros and, most likely, Iraq.Similarly, blasphemy is punishable by death in Pakistan.)

Kill whoever changes his religion. Sahih Bukhari 9:84:57

Islam on line, a hugely popular Muslim website, contains a fatwa dated 21 March 2004 and ascribed to 'IOL Shariah Researchers' says:

* "If a sane person who has reached puberty voluntarily apostatizes from Islam, he deserves to be punished.‏ In such a case, it is obligatory for the caliph (or his representative) to ask him to repent and return to Islam. If he does, it is accepted from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately killed."[15]No one besides the caliph or his representative may kill the apostate. If someone else kills him, the killer is disciplined (for arrogating the caliph's prerogative and encroaching upon his rights, as this is one of his duties).*

It is called Apostasy.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i coverd it on the first page

in islam it is wronge to try and convert others by force as they can easily say ok i am a muslim but deep down resent it, and not be a muslim

hope it helps leyla

www.gawaher.com...

is a islamic forum where you can ask questions about muslims who leave islam and so on

[edit on 6-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What if someone converts from Islam to Christianity?

From Islam to Christ. Khalil, A radical Egyptian terrorist changed from a murderous "Saul" to a forgiving "Paul" after Jesus Christ visited ... all » him in a soul-penetrating dream. This hater of both Christians and Jews set out to discredit the Bible, but instead, he was transformed when Jesus appeared to him and changed his heart.

Google Video Link

*added video comment*

[edit on 7-5-2007 by dbates]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
just for the record leyla you shouldnt take the previous video seriously as its not accurate and most likely fictional :shk:
which has been discussed on ATS before has been debunked

you are better off asking those that are muslim and those who are former muslims as the link that i gave you

[edit on 7-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
just for the record leyla you shouldnt take the previous video seriously as its not accurate and most likely fictional :shk:

Here's another rather interesting one I found also.

Ali (Turkey) - This Turkish man in bondage to alcohol saw Jesus in a dream and his life was changed forever. Desperate, he moved to Saudi ... all » Arabia — a place where alcohol is forbidden. However, upon his arrival, he found liquor there. He then made the pilgrimage to Mecca, hoping to be freed of his addiction and to be led in the way of a true Muslim. To his surprise, he met Jesus Christ instead.

Google Video Link

[edit on 7-5-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Here's another rather interesting one I found also.

of course you have
just search youtube/google and there are enough properganda videos

i prefer getting the info straight from the source
what better way to understand something then ask a muslim direct

question to you
would you prefer people find out about your faith through properganda videos or through people the same faith as you?

i presume your jewish so you must know the amount of discrimination jews get aswell in europe and other countries

[edit on 7-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

i presume your jewish

No, but Daddy grafted me in.

so you must know the amount of discrimination jews get aswell in europe and other countries

Sure, satan despises them. He's tried to destroy them, but can't. He will hit them again too in the next war. GOD's seed will not pass away. His promise lasts forever.

We all have the opportunity to be part of this promise too, through his sacrifice.

Without his sacrifice, we are dead in sin. Without him, there is nothing to do about sin.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WiseSheep cool
hope we can learn more about each others faiths
use it as an advantage

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wisesheep don't worry what I believe will stay in my heart. I have muslim friends but Islam is just to complacated for this old girl to learn.

I just got a email from my extended family from Eygpt this morning and my little sister Khadiga is getting married. Heh I told Ahmed I have to meet the groom first and talk to him haha.

[edit on 5/9/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

i coverd it on the first page

in islam it is wronge to try and convert others by force as they can easily say ok i am a muslim but deep down resent it, and not be a muslim

Then there is a contradiction if the Qu'ran says also:

How is that explained?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

How is that explained?

www.geocities.com...

go there read the surah and exlanation

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

How is that explained?

www.geocities.com...

go there read the surah and exlanation

Really, which one there's so many links.. We want to hear it from you Bodrul. Explain this to us. Because I want to hear it from you.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is an excellent Video on allah and the Moon God
it explains how the moon plays an important role in Islam,

Start of Eid and other religous events

edit: if anyone asks a question here please send me a U2U
and i will answer it asap.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hmm moon cycles interesting.
Here's a video that explains Islam.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8/19/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
if anyones wants more details about things to do with Islam
the person who created Mossad
posts on the religion bulliton on yahoo

messages.yahoo.com...

you will get answers from other muslims aswell

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i just found this quote, and i really like it

"The ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the martyr."
~ Prophet Muhammad

this makes me happy.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Yeah. A lot of people (including Muslims) today fail to recognize the importance of knowledge in Islam. Why, the very first line revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was

"Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists)"

To me, that says a lot.

Here's the rest of the translation:

Surah Al-Alaq

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join