It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If offered to colonize space, Would you go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would if i could but i'd stick with going to the moon for now.It's a shorter return trip just in case there was a big emergency and the mission had to be aborted.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would colonize another planet in a heartbeat. But not if most of you came. You guys are nuts.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Deep Space here I come.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
As we discover more fully that the solar system is mineral rich and is exploitable, Human need for resources will drive the efforts to explore space. The next rush will be to exploit the moon, but the mineral rich asteroid belt can't be far away...

When it becomes cost feasible to mine space...we will.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've always wanted to go into space...

So hell yeah!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'd be too scared to go - if it were NASA offering the trip.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
YES, YES, YES

NO DOUBT

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would SOOO go in a heartbeat, but passing the psych and emotional screen begs the question. Would they let you go if you wanted to?

In World War II they asked you to write down your top three assignments (which is a bit of a joke since most people put their home base, but ended up on the front). Those that put the front as first choice tended to end up sweeping floors at their home base!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I've always wanted to go into space...

So hell yeah!!!

god this is just mean. o and might i add since the apollo mission, how many shuttle accidents has NASA had? 2? the challenger and Columbia? i rest my case(atleast these are the incidents ive heard of.)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'd totally go, and if I could bring some weapons with me, even better, and it would also be cool if I was guranteed a high position of office in the colony.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
alright if it were up to me(which its not) i would not go if you guys would consider all the technicallities, it takes mroe than 8 months:Its a technical foul!, food is limited: its a technical foul!, the ship wont have enough energy:Its a technical Foul!, the dangers of riding on an ai during cryo sleep:Its a technical foul! well i hope all fo you see that the only reason why we havent colonized mars by now is for all these technicalities i just listed, which is why noones volunteered to go yet

cryo to mars? HA HA you make me laugh
. that dont even exist in space flight yet. you would be awake for the whole thing. i wouldnt mind it. i think 8 months of zero g would be fun.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes it would be exhausting work trying to colonize a whole planet but yes I would give it my best shot.
I love to colonize!!

Mark

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i would go but i would want some 1 wi me u guys would be sound
if there was a lifetime supply of vodka and some weapons and some job as a scout for me then ..........where do i sign up

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
Let's assume that you passed the physical, psychological, and emotional screening. Would you go colonize Luna, Mars, mine the asteroid belt or go further into space?

what do you think? You going?

hrxll

In a heartbeat.

And I would go into deep space even if it meant NEVER coming back
[Edited on 5-12-03 by HerExcellency]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wouldnt go right away, I still havent been able to see more of earth. I'd go around the world then I would totally go.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would go, and we can claim the planet for ATS and we can have a flag to show people that we own that dam thing! Only ATS memmbers would be aloud on the planet
i wouldnt think about it much i would just say yes lets go! beam me up scotty

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Where do i sign up!!!

Again i would need a few people with me!
some beer and a tent..

So whos coming with me?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't think I would go for the following reasons:

1. Too old
2. Married w/ kids
3. Get motion sickness easy
4. Doesn't get along well with others
5. Don't like cramped spaces
6. Out of shape
7. I really like it here
8. I could die
9. Crewmates would hate me

Besides that, I think I would be the perfect candidate

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As things go, I would have liked to have left the planet maybe in the 1950s, since leaving now would carry with it the tremendous cultural viruses of political correctness. Not contacting earth for the latest cultural disimprovements would be nice. Since the direction and flow of things is towards the devaluation of human beings, and their general robbery, I would like to leave as soon as possible, before my entire existence becomes too peasant-like. The cultural trends are so towards general worldwide repression, with a high elite and total poverty everywhere else, evacuation in any space vehicle that sufficiently interfaces and debugs such cultures is indicated. I would leave right now out of sheer disgust at the enforcement of cultural anachronisms in the presence of advancing technology, if it were possible.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hell yeah i would. to be among the first to step on walk on mars would be something that cannot be expressed threw words. I wounder what it would feel like?...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join