It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If offered to colonize space, Would you go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why do you gunheads want to take weapons to Mars? Get trashed and start shooting holes in my ship, will you? Ha! You're one pressure hull away from vacuum, mate. I'll space any ruffians who don't follow the rules!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OOO yes I would go if only there were more women in the space exploration.
OOO and when I get to mars i'll cut the communications
just for fun to see how they will react on earth.
One more thing :As a part of a mission you do have to make reports on your daily activityes.So my question is: do I have to report sex too?

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by vorazechul]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
C'mon... we could head out beyond the Rim, start a new, civilization. Forget peace and equality.... who wants to be at the top? Colonies generally have hard starts, but in space it would be harder. WHy not jump on the biomod/ cybernetics train with me? C'mon. Alexsandyr had the right idea adn you know it. Damn inner sphere is wrecked already.

DE

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Go for it I will wave you good bye.

I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in a tin can, breathing recirculated air eating your # again in a million different dishes.

Imagine never feeling the sun on your skin again, or the breeze with smells of flowers, or fresh water you can drink from a stream, or walking barefeet on grass. or warm summer evenings with bbq's and beer. Or fresh meat and seafood.

Never being able to walk outside without a survival suit on. The same boring landscapes, no vegetaion, no life, just dust and emptiness around.

Imagine spending your life with the same people!!!! never meeting anyone new?

You wouldn't realise what you missed out on until it was too late.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ah, netchicken...you assume that those of us in for the long run wouldn't find a new hoem with breathable air. Or that those of us heading to the moon or mars would never terraform anything, or build our own areas to place vegetation and animals in. Imagine a huge dome on mars, exposing a field of stars from horizon to horizon as you cool fresh meat under it in a man-made park. Man does not passively live in his environment- he changes it. Man is a builder.

DE

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree with Netchicken. The idea of the exploration and living on other planets is a romantic one, but you would soon realize your mistake.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
AAAAA pfui we can take a whole city with us if we wnted (not hevier that two aircraftcarriers) we will travel with a constant exeleration of 1g and land the whole thing in a crater

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I would jump on the band wagon without a doubt or a second thought. The chance to see outerspace and another planet up close and to possibly colonize it would be the most extreme thing I could think of.

I am always up for something new and dangerous since I simply love living dangerously.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't go.

Someone has to stay behind to keep the house clean.
Leaving because you don't like the rest of the population is a terrible excuse. It would be far, far better to stay and educate them.

Failing that? Force those bastards to go.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Nope/haven't seen enough of this planet yet//maybe in some other life...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If I could take a selected number of people to a planet that supports life as we know it and if we would be able to implement our own form of society, yes I'm preaty shure I would go but after settling in I think I would cut all ties to earth.

But why not just let ATS colonise space?
"And the space weather forecast for today is RUNNING FOR THE HILLS"
Oh yeah and if you use a one sentence response in a conversation the modpolice will come and fine you for 50 points.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i would definately go no question about it.

that is like my life goal.

probly get alot of close looks at those greys to

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would go if it was to the moon, coz then i could come back and study stuff that we still don't understand on Earth, like hauntings etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'd go to explore, but home would always be earth.
Although a weekend retreat on the moon would be cool.
Or a vacation home on mars.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As long as we don't get Bush running Mars..or we'd be all doomed...

: - P

Yeah, I'd go, for sure. Think of the opportunity, someday, even if you died there, to say "I have been to another planet. I lived on Mars. I mined an Asteroid belt." How cool would that be? Imagine it..especially if humans start going into deep space...wow...just think of the opportunities...

-wD

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would surely go in hopes of helping the earth thrive. To colonize would be great but who knows what other unknowns are there. To be the first in such a thing would be incredible or disasterous but either way worth the risk in the long run for all.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
PARDON THE LANGUAGE BUT HELL YEAH! I'D GO NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Damn right I would! In an instant! The opportunity to colonize another planet? Another piece of rock with different skies? U bet your ass i would!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think I would go and colonize a planet, but it would feel so strange, seeing as earth is so full of life, and mars etc..obviously aren't. lol But I know a lot of people would miss earth, including myself!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I might go; i would put myself to sleep just in case anything happens on the way there. I don't want to get blown up or fried.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join